Used to post here a little when I started the diet. Thought I would pop back to let you know that 5:2 does work if you stick to it.
I've gone from 160+Kg to 114kg since 1/1/13 - about 14 months.
My top tips:
- I plan to fast Mon/Wed/Fri and then don't stress if work or family make me drop a day.
- Plan your fast days at the start of the week and be flexible. Going out on Friday? Fast on Saturday instead.
- I eat around late evening on a pre-fast day, then nothing until tea-time next day. Then a 5-600cals meal
- Get a dog and walk it!
- The Hairy Dieters cookbooks are great - both for fast and non-fast days
- Stir-Frys fill you up
- Cauliflower makes a great lo-cal rice substitute
- There is always a cheeseburger tomorrow
- An espresso gets you going on a fast day
- Fybogel also gets you going on a fast day - and has zero cals
Thanks for your post it's great to hear from someone who has lost a significant amount. Well done!
Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Thanks! And you're doing pretty well yourself!
I've tried WW and Atkins, but this has been the only plan I have stuck to for more than 6 months. I think it's the knowledge that no food is forbidden and even a days binge is not the end of it. Chalk it up to experience and fast the next day.
Hi great to hear this has been successful for you! I'm just starting this plan myself after having my little boy and being left with two stone to lose. I'm a bit confused about non fast days, are you supposed to calorie count and if you do did you aim for normal calorie intake or a deficit? My dad has been following this plan for some time and has lost a lot of weight, but he still calorie counts on non fast days and aims for a reduced intake.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.