- 1 Post By Emmy_lu
- 1 Post By Emmy_lu
- 1 Post By Emmy_lu
Hi Emma and welcome and really well done on your 4st loss so far! It gets a bit quiet here on the weekends, but there will be lots of people come by to say hello soon
1. Calories - ditch the thought. The thing that makes low carb work is a high level of good fats, plus protein plus carbs. I know it flies in the face of everything you're probably used to but it works.
2. it's recommended that you start on induction which is 20g carbs a day. A lot of people (including me) use my fitness pal (or Plato, as your phone would say! lol) to log the details of menus, and the approx %ages are 65% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs - that will give you about 25g carbs a day, so just keep an eye on it. It's designed to help you flush out carbs, and get you understanding how tolerant you are to certain foods. So while it might seem a bit harsh at first, it's not forever - and is designed to help you to an eating plan that is for life
3. If you've been on an VLCD you may gain in the first couple of weeks, but it will come good - so don't panic!
4. Get your carbs from green leafy veg - they help the weight loss and keep you regular (or, visit the park, as we say here)
5. Re milk - try soya milk, it's much lower in carbs than cows - or almond/coconut milk. You will find yourself trying a lot of new and maybe unusual things (celeriac chips anyone?) - but embrace it.
6. Be a label detective - there are carbs and sugars added to so many things - never assume!
There's a couple of stickies you should read and refer to often - Jim's "So you're thinking of doing Atkins" and the "Low carb shopping list". Jim is an incredible Atkins success story, he lost over 10 stone!
Why not start up a diary in that section and post all your questions there? it would be lovely to hear your thoughts and all the smart people here can post ideas about your menus and so on.
My top tips are to keep glugging the water, little sips at a time, and don't beat yourself up if you come a cropper to the carb beast - happens to us all!
I'm an atkins convert from vlcd (only 1 week in) after doing slim and save -I've done induction this week and lost 2lbs and never eaten better.
Drink water, eat lots of veg and protein and cream and full fat cheese and cream cheese and oh, it's amazing! I tried almond milk but could not take to it, I have a teeny amount of skimmed milk in my tea and I've been ok this week - it may stall other people.
Do your research with the threads LadyF has mentioned and make a rough plan of what you plan to eat this week or for the first few days.
Aldi is brill for meat and veg - cheap and lots of no/low carb stuff.
Post your menus and other much more knowledgable people than me will be along to help.
Likes to post
- Rep Power
Start Date: 12th August 2013
Start Weight: 13st12.5lb
Current Weight: 11st13.5lb
Goal Weight: 11st0lb
Goal Date: Dec 2013
Start BMI: 37.4
Current BMI: 32.2
Goal BMI: 29.6
Total Weight Loss: 1st13lb
Weight to Lose: 0st13.5lb
% Lost 13.88%
Hi and welcome.
not much to add to what's already been said really. It takes a bit of getting used to as it turns the traditional " diet" on its head. We eat cheese and meat and butter and Philly and cream and most of things we've always been told to avoid and yet we lose weight. It's fab!
read the recipes sticky for some inspiration and ideas about what you can eat. Most of us also post our daily menus in our diaries too so if you read those that will give you some idea of what we're all eating.
good luck x
Restart on Atkins 12th August 2013
Week 1: - 8 3/4 lbs
Week 2: - 3 1/2 lbs
Week 3: - 2 3/4 lbs
Week 4: - 1 lb
Week 5: - 1 lb
Week 6: STS
Week 7: -3 lbs
Week 8: STS
Week 9: -3
Week 10: -1.5
week 11: -1.5
week15: - 1
7 week challenge - try to lose half a stone in the 7 week run up to Xmas. Commencing 2nd November - 1 lb lost 6lbs to go!
-Get to 13 stone
- Get BMI to 35
- Get to 12 1/2 stone
- Get into size 16's
- Get to 12 stone
- Get into size 14's
- Get into size 12's
- Get to 11 1/2 stone by Xmas
- Get to 11 stone
- Get back into my size 12 wedding dress
- Get BMI to 30 to start IVF
- Get to 10 stone something
- maintain at 11 stone
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.