- 1 Post By lollycakes
I'm sure this is a dish most of the long term low carb/Atkinsers know about already, but I wanted to share it anyway.
Serves 2-4 (depending on how hungry you are!)
30ml double cream
100g Mattesson's smoked sausage or any other zero carb meat you want to use
100g feta, 60g mozzarella & 30g goat cheese or any combination of cheeses that you like (carb count will vary)
4-5 blocks of frozen spinach
Salt, pepper & other zero carb seasonings
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl until completely combined. You don't want any strings of egg white or blobs of egg yolk floating around.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper & zero carb seasonings, like paprika, herbs, etc. I used extra hot dried chilli.
- Dice up the sausage/meat & cheeses and add them to the egg mixture.
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave (or overnight if you remember) and squeeze out as much of the excess water as you possibly can.
- Add to the egg/meat/cheese mixture and combine thoroughly.
Pour in to a greased cake tin and place in the hot oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are brown and the middle is slightly soft. Leave to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes before cutting in to as many pieces as you want.
I ate half of it for my lunch, and I'll eat the other half for lunch tomorrow. MyFitnessPal tells me it was 3g carbs for the portion I ate, so 6g for the entire thing and 1.5g for 1/4.
It's really good! You can mix it up and add whatever you like - spring onions, asparagus, roasted peppers (check the carb count though!), bacon, ham, different cheeses, etc. But it's a good way to use up leftovers, and it can be eaten hot, warm or cold, and it's pretty study so you could always take it out on a picnic or to work or something.
Agree this is one of my favourites - I like smoked salmon & watercress as starter for dinner parties
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.