- Rep Power
Diet: calorie controlled, low carb
Start Date: 7/5/14
Start Weight: 17st0lb
Current Weight: 15st4.5lb
Goal Weight: 12st0lb
Goal Date: 1/11/14
Start BMI: 35.1
Current BMI: 31.7
Goal BMI: 24.8
Total Weight Loss: 1st9.5lb
Weight to Lose: 3st4.5lb
% Lost 9.87%
Deconstructed chicken cordon bleu with ratatouille
I played around with a few ingredients and came up with this (inspired by my french other half :-) (he ate it all!)
2 chicken breasts
breadcrumbs from 2 slices of bread
fresh parsley (optional)
200mls skimmed milk
30g weight watchers cheddar
30g smoked cheese
50g diced ham
5g cornflour mixed with water to form a paste
one onion, finely sliced
one pepper, cut into strips
one courgette, cut into semi-circles
3 cloves garlic, crushed/finely diced
4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
3 tablespoons vinegar (i used balsamic, but white/red wine works too)
1/2 tbsp oil
salt and pepper
1) poach chicken breasts gently until just cooked, then leave to cool
2) once cool, put in bowl of fat free natural yoghurt (seasoned with salt and pepper) and leave
3) cut the crusts off 2 pieces of sliced bread and blitz in food processor. Add 5g parmesan, salt and pepper and some fresh parsley (or any fresh/dried herb). Put on a plate and set to one side.
4) preheat oven to 200deg C
4) add oil to pan. Gently cook onion, pepper, courgette and garlic. Add splashes of water if sticking.
5) once cooked, add the vinegar and tomatoes and gently cook until reduced right down.
6) add sweetener (1-2 tsp) and salt and pepper to taste
7) whilst ratatouille is reducing, dip yoghurt coated chicken into breadcrumb mix and put on wire rack. Spray with spray oil and put into oven-they don't take long to cook as chicken is already cooked-just until crumb has crisped up-about 10 mins
8) whilst cooking, pour milk into saucepan and add dried onions. Wsimmer gently, adding the cornflour. Once thick, melt in the cheese and add ham. Season to taste. Should be thick-you can always add more cornflour.
This was 2 decent portions and was 550 cals each and was yummy!
Let me know what you think, if you decide to make it :-)
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.