- Rep Power
Diet: calorie controlled, low carb
Start Date: 7/5/14
Start Weight: 17st0lb
Current Weight: 15st4.5lb
Goal Weight: 12st0lb
Goal Date: 1/11/14
Start BMI: 35.1
Current BMI: 31.7
Goal BMI: 24.8
Total Weight Loss: 1st9.5lb
Weight to Lose: 3st4.5lb
% Lost 9.87%
Pork strognoff with cauliflower 'rice'
There are many examples of using cauliflower as a rice substitute-I do this often, but find it's more like the feel of cous cous when eating. Very low calorie, very low carb and gives the feeling of a big starchy meal!
This was less than 500cals each!
Pork stroganoff (for 2)
200g raw pork, absolutely all fat removed, cut into strips
one large red onion, finely sliced
4 big pickled gherkins, finely diced
5 big mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
one lemon 18
200mls skimmed milk
few tablespoons low fat soured cream/weight watchers cream (this is brilliant-33 cals for 30mls)
30mls brandy (optional)
salt and pepper
fat free yoghurt, few tablespoons
very small head of cauliflower
1) put meat in a bowl and throw in paprika, salt, pepper and lemon zest
2) in a pan, fry mushrooms (i use fry light, otherwise add calories for oil)
3) add 2/3 onion, 2/3 gherkin, garlic (add dashes of water if starting to stick) and splash of vineger
4) In a separate pan, flash fry the meat. If using brandy, add to meat at this stage and flame (if you like-otherwise, reduce down)
5) add mushroom mik to pan, with milk and cook.
6) add in cornflour (mixed with a little water)-I use about 10g to thicken this amount.
7) simmer very gently, stirring frequently
8) whilst simmering, blitz cauliflower in food processor. Add salt (takes quite a bit of salt) and put in a bowl with small splash of water. Cover with cling and cook for 4-6 mins.
9) once cooked, add to a clean pan and tart it up with whatever you like. I added a third of the red onion and gherkin and a squeeze of lemon juice, with plenty of black pepper, but you can do what you like with it.
10) take sauce of the heat, then add the cream/soured cream. This should cool it enough to add the yoghurt-it may split if temp of mix too high, but the cornflour should have stabilized it somewhat.
11) alter seasoning as needed and serve :-)
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.