- Rep Power
Diet: calorie controlled, low carb
Start Date: 7/5/14
Start Weight: 17st0lb
Current Weight: 15st4.5lb
Goal Weight: 12st0lb
Goal Date: 1/11/14
Start BMI: 35.1
Current BMI: 31.7
Goal BMI: 24.8
Total Weight Loss: 1st9.5lb
Weight to Lose: 3st4.5lb
% Lost 9.87%
fish pie with bubble and squeak topping (well, on the side!)
Ingredients (for 2)
200g white fish
300mls skimmed milk bay leaf
30g weight watcher cheddar
20g smoked cheese
cauliflower-1/2 very small (I can't believe how small they are in the supermarkets!)
brocolli-1/2 small head
5 new potatoes
1/2 very small white cabbage
small handful frozen peas
1/2 tbsp oil
30mls weight watchers cream
30g weight watchers margarine
salt and pepper
1) put milk, fish, one of the onions (quartered), bayleaf and salt and pepper in a pan and simmer gently for 10 mins
2) take fish out and leave the milk to infuse, throwing in a handful of peas.
3) finely slice the other onion and cook in fry light, adding dashes of water as you go, to stop sticking and aid caramelisation
4) cook all vegetables
5) puree carot and swede with the cream. Mash the potato and combine these.
6) chop the brocolli, cauliflower and cabbage and mix with the potato/carrot/swede mix, the fried onions and the margarine
8) put half of the oil into a hot, non stick pan and add the bubble and squeak mixture, pressing down with a spatula.
9) sieve milk and return to the pan. Stir in cornflour until thickened. add the cheese. Once melted, throw in fish and parsley (I blitzed up the onion with the milk-I think this may have been why my milk split-I will use dried onions next time!). leave on very low heat.
10) the bubble and squeak should have a nice crust underneath-give it a good mix, making sure you scrape all those lovely bits in. Add the rest of the oil if needed.
11) I served separately, but could be put together as a pie :-)
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.