Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Why is my weight not budging?? Someone please help!!!

  1. #1
    Likes to post
    xxrebeccaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th December, 2011
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    11

    Why is my weight not budging?? Someone please help!!!

    I've got to loose as much weight as I can by not this Monday but next but what ever I seem to do my weights not budging from 10st 11lbs! Yesterday it said exactly 10st 11lns and today it says 10st 11 1/4lbs and I was under my caleries and danced all night! I'm baffled to what I have to do to loose this weight!
    Usually I can loose 2-3lbs a week but I've stayed the same over a week now and I'm getting very dis heartens and thinking why don't I eat what I wanna eat as its not making any difference!

    Please help x

    11lbs to go til my 1st target of 10st

  2. #2
    Likes to post
    Agent Shagwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th April, 2011
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrebeccaxx View Post
    I've got to loose as much weight as I can by not this Monday but next
    Why? Why do you 'have to'?

    You don't 'have to' anything. Except 'have to' find a program which works for you long-term, is sustainable and which keeps you happy. Any other 'have to' is just in your head. You don't need that excess pressure...it's a road to silly things like starving yourself or making yourself throw up, which is dangerous. Just commit to living a healthy lifestyle, take the long term view and stop freaking out.

    And, I don't care if you have some 'big event' next Monday, either that you've set yourself or you're going to. You're not going to lose a huge amount of weight in 9 days no matter what you do, and to even lose a 'slightly bigger than you would have otherwise' bit of weight will require you to starve yourself and make yourself very sick. So whatever it is, just stop worrying about it. Go back to your healthy, calorie controlled (i.e. eat less calories than you burn) eating, but still within a range that you can sustain and not feel like you're 'on a strict diet', where you can still enjoy yourself. I see so many people here beating themselves over the head - NOTHING is worth that. Just relax, be healthy and your weight WILL drop in time. You just need to be patient and focus on other, happy, positive things in the meantime rather than worrying if your weight doesn't drop for a few weeks. It's normal to plateau even for a few weeks during weight-loss. No need for a panic though.

  3. #3
    Likes to post
    Agent Shagwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th April, 2011
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrebeccaxx View Post
    I'm getting very dis heartens and thinking why don't I eat what I wanna eat as its not making any difference!
    ^ oh, you said 'please help. Well, here's some more help - DON'T do this. Because then you'll just balloon out and come back here in a few months feeling even more crap. Patience and positivity is the name of the game. Find something to be happy about and focus on that ^

  4. #4
    Likes to post
    maintainer
    fatwelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th June, 2012
    Location
    Fife
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    26
    Diet: Maintainence WW Pro Points
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 11th Feb 2012
    Start Weight: 10st10.5lb
    Current Weight: 9st2.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st3.5lb
    Goal Date: May 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 24.3
    Current BMI: 20.7
    Goal BMI: 20.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st1lb
    % Lost 14.62%
    Morning Rebecca,
    What Healthy eating plan are you following? Are you eating enough?. If you are doing everything RIGHT, then be patient and it will happen.
    Try and relax (I know it's easier said than done) You will get there if you persevere. Good luck and be POSITIVE. X

    Eliza.


    Taking one day at a time. Still managing to maintain.x




  5. #5
    Likes to post
    xxrebeccaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th December, 2011
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGroovy View Post

    Why? Why do you 'have to'?

    You don't 'have to' anything. Except 'have to' find a program which works for you long-term, is sustainable and which keeps you happy. Any other 'have to' is just in your head. You don't need that excess pressure...it's a road to silly things like starving yourself or making yourself throw up, which is dangerous. Just commit to living a healthy lifestyle, take the long term view and stop freaking out.

    And, I don't care if you have some 'big event' next Monday, either that you've set yourself or you're going to. You're not going to lose a huge amount of weight in 9 days no matter what you do, and to even lose a 'slightly bigger than you would have otherwise' bit of weight will require you to starve yourself and make yourself very sick. So whatever it is, just stop worrying about it. Go back to your healthy, calorie controlled (i.e. eat less calories than you burn) eating, but still within a range that you can sustain and not feel like you're 'on a strict diet', where you can still enjoy yourself. I see so many people here beating themselves over the head - NOTHING is worth that. Just relax, be healthy and your weight WILL drop in time. You just need to be patient and focus on other, happy, positive things in the meantime rather than worrying if your weight doesn't drop for a few weeks. It's normal to plateau even for a few weeks during weight-loss. No need for a panic though.
    Well I have my wedding dress fitting and it's rather important I fit into it!!
    I'm not gonna starve myself don't worry, just want to fit in my dress!

    I'm just counting calories! Was doing weight watchers and may go back and do it at home rather then pay!

    11lbs to go til my 1st target of 10st

  6. #6
    Likes to post
    xxrebeccaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    19th December, 2011
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by fatwelly View Post
    Morning Rebecca,
    What Healthy eating plan are you following? Are you eating enough?. If you are doing everything RIGHT, then be patient and it will happen.
    Try and relax (I know it's easier said than done) You will get there if you persevere. Good luck and be POSITIVE. X
    Thankyou for the nice comment! I'm calerie counting ATM but may go back to doing weight watchers at home! I've got my firs wedding dress fitting so I have to fit into it!

    11lbs to go til my 1st target of 10st

  7. #7
    Really Really likes to post!
    linski24's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th October, 2011
    Location
    Burton on Trent Staffs
    Posts
    1,542
    Rep Power
    23
    Diet: Weight watchers
    Height: 5ft0in
    Start Date: July
    Start Weight: 10st12lb
    Current Weight: 9st13lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7lb
    Goal Date: Who knows


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29.7
    Current BMI: 27.1
    Goal BMI: 26


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st13lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st6lb
    % Lost 8.55%
    I could never lose weight .. Only had a stone to lose .. Spent a year. Weight watchers and only lost half a stone ... Then calorie counted and lost but put back on 4 lbs ... In a silly indulgent week
    I now have learned all about BMR and TDEE ... Eating between the two numbers and losing weight .. I cannot believe I have lost 3.6 lbs in January ..!! And everyone else is losing too ...
    Look for my thread "Lindsay's progress" in calorie counting and I've explained things there :-)
    But basically BMR is the number of cals your body needs every day even if you were in a coma ... And TDEE is the number of cals you eat daily with whatever exercise you do ..
    To lose weight you minus 10, 15 or 20% from your tdee to see what you should be eating to lose weight ..
    If you consistently eat over tdee you will put weight on .. If you eat below bmr your body will go into starvation mode ... Which is why you can eat between the two numbers to lose weight or eat up to tdee to maintain weight
    My BMR is 1350 .. And with lightly active on the exercise scale I can eat up tom1900 every day ... Minus 20% from that to lose weight is roughly 1500 cals every day ... And not eating exercise cals back .. So a consistent 1500 every day ... Some days I go up to my tdee if I'm out etc and I've still lost nearly 4 lbs in a month ..!!
    It's dead easy and sustainable .. Eating lower cals isn't really sustainable if you like food lol pls your body goes into starvation mode so the minute you eat more your metabolism is so shot that you gain weight and quickly ..!! I can eat 1500 every day and I dont feel deprived .!
    See how you feel x

    Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
    Got to be a thinner yummymummy

  8. #8
    Likes to post
    maintainer
    fatwelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th June, 2012
    Location
    Fife
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    26
    Diet: Maintainence WW Pro Points
    Height: 5ft6in
    Start Date: 11th Feb 2012
    Start Weight: 10st10.5lb
    Current Weight: 9st2.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st3.5lb
    Goal Date: May 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 24.3
    Current BMI: 20.7
    Goal BMI: 20.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st8lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st1lb
    % Lost 14.62%
    Hi Rebecca,
    I am sure that you will look Stunning in your Wedding dress!!!!!
    Ww works for me. I have been maintaining for 9 months now and only go to class every once in a while. If you rejoin Ww, when you reach your preferred target weight, you won't have to pay, if you keep within 5lbs either way of your target. I still attend now and again because I still need the support and it is nice to see familiar faces as well. Hope this helps and the very best of luck Rebecca.

    Elizabeth x

    Eliza.


    Taking one day at a time. Still managing to maintain.x








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.