50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments
Just wrote this list up, and for those who are feeling a bit on a downer, it did me a lot of good to think of these things so I hope it does good for people to read!!!
In no particular order...
- Make OH Proud
- Make family proud
- Feel better in sleeveless tops
- Be able to sit in public in comfort
- Look brilliant in swimwear
- Fit into designer clothing
- Look better in pictures
- Get the right sort of attention
- Move attention from flab to figure
- Live healthier life
- Be able to run for charity events
- Increase compliments
- Increase chances of successful surgey (medical or cosmetic)
- Wear a wider style range of clothing (not just what fits)
- Show up skinny friends from school
- Get in and out of the car easier
- Look great in a tight dress
- Be able to swim in public and not care
- Reduce chances of getting bigger
- Not feel awkward when clothes shopping
- Increase chances of shops having your size in store
- Walk along a beach on holiday and feel proud of your body in swimwear
- Stop jiggling!
- Don't feel pitied when at the gym
- Like your own reflection
- The smaller you are, the cheaper it is to get drunk lol
- Walk up hills and not want to sit down half way up it
- Sunbath in public
- Buy lingerie without getting weird looks
- When people start talking about weight loss, not to feel like they mean you
- Make friends/family jealous that you are doing something about your weight, not just talking about it
- Be happy to be photographed
- Wear a bra that actually fits
- Show off legs, not monstor ham thighs
- Don't fear onset of summer clothing
- Don't think mean things when you see thin people
- No one will ask when your baby is due, when you arn't pregnant
- Look lean, mean and powerful!
- Say weight out loud with pride
- Don't have to worry about arthritis or joint replacements when older
- Help other overweight people who are in the same situation you where
- Don't wonder if people are saying "Why is HE with HER?"
- Can boat out to the middle of a lake and swim, knowing you can pull yourself back in the boat and not tip it over
- Go out in public and not care what looks you get
- Wear a low cut sweater and show your collerbones
- Wear a tight blouse or sweater and now have dents where bra straps are
- Wear shorts in the summer
- Never have to look at someone with envy
- Increase feelings of self worth
- GET ON WITH LIFE AND ENJOY IT!!!
Fell very free to add more you can think of! I think this is a great way to raise spirits and hope
I PUT THIS WEIGHT ON, AND I CAN TAKE IT BACK OFF!
- Weigh under 12st
- Weigh under 11 n half st
- Weigh 11st 4lbs - 10% loss
- Weigh under 11st
- Weigh under 10 n half st
- Weigh 10 st 1lb - 20% loss
- Weigh under 10st
- Weigh 9st 12 & hav BMI 23!
51] to not have to look for cafes/restaurants with arm free chairs
great list zoe
This is exactly the sort of "incentives list" I was referring to in the other post! It's simply fabulous what you've typed, and I'm sure many of us read through your list and nod at several of the points! I know I did!! Print it off, fold it up, and keep it to hand (eg: in purse/wallet) or even stick on fridge door, inside of food cupboard - just to remind you even more! My additions to that list:
To stop wearing zip-up tops, cardis, and those crochet knit tops that tie in the middle, all the time to try disguise/cover the bulgy spare tyre - especially in summer, when it's baking hot!
To have happy changing room days!
To go into Jane Norman, TopShop, etc, and not have the assistants look at you as if to say "yeah right - who you trying to kid luv?!!!!"
To stop eating naughty things and hiding the evidence by scrunching the wrappers in tin-foil before placing in my neighbours outside bin (DON'T try that at home - it ain't big and it ain't clever - shameful)
To be at target weight, and find that mandatory other thing to moan about (well, we're never happy no matter what we've got are we?!!)
To flash the sparkly belly-button piercing I had done almost 4 years ago (that no-one ever sees!)
To wear tankini and not look like a python swallowing a pig.
I think that's all for now! Probably the most personal mail I've ever done - ever. No - honest! I feel very exposed now! Almost naked to the thread - and trust me - it ain't pretty!!! I'll have to hide away now for another month or two, and return when bmi 25 is reading on my little wheelie-thing!
What a great list. I would add
- To get on a plane and know that the seat belt would do up - no embarrassing asking for an extension.
- To sit on a bus and know there is room for somebody to sit next to you.
- To stand under an umbrella and know that all of your body is out of the rain.
- To be able to tuck my top in, rather than have it loose to cover spare tyres.
Go to a party and not be the biggest there.
Not to be too shy to dance because of the above.
Go to a theme park and know you are going to fit on all the rides.
Do a whole list of experiences that weight/fat has restricted you from doing.
Not to be invisible.
These are the main ones for me.
Originally Posted by mypartyiz
Or where the tables and chairs are screwed to the floor so you cant squeeze into the narrow gap !
Originally Posted by natayou
OH yes please
Originally Posted by hollycat
YES PLEASE !!
Originally Posted by Happe
I would like to add:
-not panicking when sitting on a sofa and someone wants to sit in the tiny space next to you, and instead of that sofa seating 2, it seats 3 cos your bum is now so small!
- being able to wear a top that finishes above my navel and having a flat stomach to show off!
- being able to buy chocolate without people staring at me thinking 'you dont need that love'
Dieting on hold for a while!
To be in a public place such as a pub/restaurant and not have to plan the route to the toilet in my head where I will fit through the gaps between tables.
To say yes to doing things with my family rather than pretending I don't want to do it when it's only my weight that's stopping me.
There's a couple for me.
Cath Cath x
1st Goal - To be able to wear my eternity (10th May) & engagement (15th March) rings 2nd Goal - To be in the 14's by June 13th - Smashed on June 6th 3rd Goal - To get under 200lb - Became a One'er on July 2nd!! 4th Goal - To have lost 73lb and be over half way - Finally there October 10th 4th Goal - To be in the 13's by July 17th - There at last 5th Goal - To get into a size 16 anything! Wore size 16 trousers 28th June 6th Goal - To get to 13st 7lb and have lost 30% of my weight 7th Goal - To be in the 11's for Christmas! Christmas Challenge to lose 42lbs: 17lb gone!
Must try harder!!
- Rep Power
Diet: Cambidge diet
To have the confidence to get naughty anyplace, anytime without having to lay a certain way to look better or hide under a duvet and best of all...
To have the light...ON!
Likes to post
- Rep Power
Diet: Slimming World
Start Date: 28th March 2012
Start Weight: 14st9lb
Current Weight: 14st9lb
Goal Weight: 10st7lb
Goal Date: 31st October 2012
Start BMI: 34.1
Current BMI: 34.1
Goal BMI: 24.5
Weight to Lose: 4st2lb
% Lost 0%
For your 12-year old to sit on your lap - without sitting on your stomach (or could that be, my 12-year old, my lap and my stomach?)
To get up from the sofa without needing a winch.
Carry on......great thread!
- To be able to eat in public without feeling that people are nudging each other and whispering 'no wonder she's so fat!'
- To be able to wear skirts in the height of summer without chafing my thighs!
to be able to play and keep up with my four year old with out getting breathless.
to be proud of myself with the way I look and feel
Likes to post
- Rep Power
Diet: was cd now healthy eating
Start Date: Jan 07
Start Weight: 15st1lb
Current Weight: 11st7lb
Goal Date: April 07
Total Weight Loss: 3st8lb
% Lost 23.7%
not to have to cut the size label off new clothes incase someone sees how big I am.
In fact when I'm a size 12 I am going to make sure all my labels are hanging out!!!
Started Jan 07
Got to goal April 07
Lost 50 lb - 5 years of maintaining
- Rep Power
Diet: Cambridge SS
Some more reasons:
- To be able to cross my legs.
- To be able to wear knee-high boots. (to want to wear them, too!)
- Every room in our house will seem so much bigger. Especially the corridor.
- My naturally fine hair will look like more on a smaller person.
- To be able to use the toilets on a trans-atlantic flight.
- To not have to pay double to take the helecopter ride on our cruise this summer in Alaska!
- To celebrate our 25th anniversary this summer as the person he knew I always was.
- To know that he was right.
- And I can buy some lovely, silky lingerie!!!
- To be light enough that he can pick me up off of the ground and swing me around. (he's a power lifter...it shouldn't take that long)
- I think I'd better stop now; I'm getting carried away.
By jfc in forum General Weight Loss Discussion
Last Post: 11th September, 2007, 01:48 PM
By Bigmama2littlemama in forum Cambridge Diet Forum
Last Post: 5th March, 2007, 09:21 PM
By Roch in forum Very Low Calorie Diets
Last Post: 16th October, 2006, 11:59 PM
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.