Ladies, Im back after a two year hiatus....love this diet, works for me but the weight i lost before is all back on. Mainly due to the fact I didnt lose ALL my weight before although I lost a good chunk. I think my psyche is programmed to accept myself at goal and i know once im there, ill never go back. So this is game on for goal!
I just wanted to share my boredom killers with you, just incase you are struggling, fiddling thumbs or want a diversion to dive in the fridge of doom!
So when feeling crappy or a little rumbly in your tum:
1. Add crushed ice to a drink of water and sip it whilst having a bath. pretend its wine or you are on holiday sipping cocktails (dont laugh! ....tee hee)
2. Go and treat yourself to a mini pamper session - and by this, i mean at home. Grab your moisturiser and and cleansers etc and treat your face. with all the water you are drinking, you use less product on your skin as its plump from hydration. But that little pamper session give you a dewy glow and makes you feel good.
3. Or go and give yourself a manicure or try a new eye make up style. You tube is littered with make up application tips. I love experimenting, even sat in my jammies.
4. Turn off the TV - those ads with food are a killer. Put the Radio on and bop about the house oding housework that isnt getting done watching tv
5. At work and everyone munching? If you are on bars, espesh the chewy one....cut them into anorexic 4 fingers, like a kit kat. Take one finger to work and cut into about 12 mini pieces. Just slowly sucking on one tiny piece is SUCH a treat. You still have 3 finger to come home to. Or maybe take 2 fingers to work and pan them out over the day.
6. It helps if you throw yourself into work rather than sit there, clock watching and allowing your tummy to rumble. So if you are bored at work, go and ask for more work. The energy after weeks 1 will give you a boost plus your managers will notice this new you and you could be surprised with how rewarding they might be!
7. Im sorry, but chewing gum does not work for the chewing aspect. Our body's are conditioned to accepting food after chewing. Its torture. Instead, suck on a sugar free mint or a copped up chewy bar. Chopping up that bar is the BEST thing you can do rather than gorging on an entire bar in 3 bites.
8. Take the dog for a walk or take someone else's dog for a walk - or go on your own. Listen to music on the way or try this - AUDIO BOOKS! I love them. It makes me go for a walk with the dog as I can listen to a book, walk, walk the dog and enjoy a great story. Sometimes I walk longer as I might be going through a juicy chapter!
9. Never under estimate the power of a nap! Just don't drink before one or you wake up busting!
10. Go to bed early!
11. Tell the kids to get their own snack when they ask and get your partner (if you have one!) to help with meal times
12. hang up you old fave outfit on your bedroom door - its a great motivator
13. Go surfing on clothes sites and dream about the dresses you will soon be getting into. If you can afford it, buy one and hang it on your door.
14. TAKE MEASUREMENTS - i prefer my measurement losses over weight losses. Remember - weight loss is water, inch loss is fat.......so if one week you only lose a stinking pound, i bet you lose at least 3 inches all over. Your CD should measure you but i measure my neck, my back (pit to pit across the back), bust, under bust, waist, tummy at widest part, hips, thighs over two legs, thighs on each leg. You must do this..... its the best way to enjoy this diet.
15. if you have a vanilla shake, save a couple of teaspoon and add to black coffee and wizz with a hand wizzer thingy to make a creamy coffee as a treat.
What are your fave boredom killers?!