Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 154
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: mission to shrink

  1. #1
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5

    mission to shrink

    Hello Everyone

    So a little about me , im 5ft3ins and started the cambridge diet on the 3rd Jan 2013 weighing in at a hefty 22st8lbs. Ive never ever been thin I mean ever. Well my mum had her 4th heart attack at the begining of the year very scary times and had to under go heart surgery due to her weight she had to have three seperate surgerys . I have two lil girls and the idea of putting them through what I was going through didnt bear thinking about. I took action!!!! ive now lost 98 3/4lbs still a way to go but on a mission. Ive been following diarys on here for months but never posted ... untill today I supose I didnt want to shout untill I had something to shout about.

    I still struggle even after this long but it took me 29 years to put on weight so if it takes a year who am I to complain?

    Any buddies would be greatfully recieved

  2. #2
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Ok so it takes me 5 months to start a diary then within 5 mins im posting again go figure?

    At work at the moment and TBH could eat the desk!! I am an emotional eater happy sad anything inbetween my answer is/was to munch!! I dont see food the way I used to, in honesty if you said go on then munch it out, I would probally panic go into shock frantically search the cambridge bible then eat half a bit of chicken and feel awful.

    I know ive come so far but I still need to shift 4-5 stone whcih is doable just need to get my head in the game. I had a ss+ week last week which I dont think helped as now could eat the desk lol. Ive been good today just cant seem to get my buzz back.

    I think sometimes as I was a 24/26 and im now an 16/18 in my head I feel like I can relax but the mission isnt over for once im not gonna do a HALF ARSED JOB (this is something i do do).

    Also as Im having a good ol whinge it does help that I go on holiday in 7 days where i have planned to go up some steps well try two bars and a sensible munch this doesnt help my motorvation. I will smah it once i get back but its my annual festival. No kids,bills ,work or domestic biz just me and the old man its gonna be lush!! the only 4days a year I get to be me with no responcibilties . however dreading the return weigh in !!

    Right whinge over for now lol

  3. #3
    Really Really likes to post!
    marthacol1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th June, 2012
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    36
    Diet: CWP
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 28th June 2012
    Start Weight: 23st1lb
    Current Weight: 21st9lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: April 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 50.6
    Current BMI: 47.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st6lb
    Weight to Lose: 9st9lb
    % Lost 6.19%
    Found you!! il be ur buddy haha I'm sure ria will follow soon enough

    I'm the same emotional eater no matter what. Also the same with thinking of food but if I was offered food I would run a mile lol

    What do you work at? Where you from hun? How old are your girls? Lol there I go again with the questions. I NEED to know stuff lol

    You are doing so well and we will motivate each other. Not sure if u seen on my diary I am going to America on the 30th for 3.5 weeks and 4 weeks off plan eeeeek!! Dread dread dread!!!

    Where you off to on your holibobs

    Xxx

  4. #4
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by marthacol1988 View Post
    Found you!! il be ur buddy haha I'm sure ria will follow soon enough

    I'm the same emotional eater no matter what. Also the same with thinking of food but if I was offered food I would run a mile lol

    What do you work at? Where you from hun? How old are your girls? Lol there I go again with the questions. I NEED to know stuff lol

    You are doing so well and we will motivate each other. Not sure if u seen on my diary I am going to America on the 30th for 3.5 weeks and 4 weeks off plan eeeeek!! Dread dread dread!!!

    Where you off to on your holibobs

    Xxx
    My girls are 10 and 6 hence im a full time ref lol im off to the download fest im excited but know food will be a nightmare plus avioding the temptation of the evil drink!!!

    Cold and grumpy bad day used to equal takeout and vino(box preferably!!) now its banana shake and fizzy water iknow im a rebel!! Lol x

  5. #5
    Really Really likes to post!
    marthacol1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th June, 2012
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    36
    Diet: CWP
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 28th June 2012
    Start Weight: 23st1lb
    Current Weight: 21st9lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: April 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 50.6
    Current BMI: 47.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st6lb
    Weight to Lose: 9st9lb
    % Lost 6.19%
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkydink View Post

    My girls are 10 and 6 hence im a full time ref lol im off to the download fest im excited but know food will be a nightmare plus avioding the temptation of the evil drink!!!

    Cold and grumpy bad day used to equal takeout and vino(box preferably!!) now its banana shake and fizzy water iknow im a rebel!! Lol x
    Wow there girl steady on! Fizzy water AND a banana shake?! Living on the edge lol

    Wow 10 and 6 I can imagine lol my girl is 4.5 and what a madam she is! I really want more kids but waiting until Uni is over or more like my husband is making me wait lol I would have had another years ago.

    What artists are you looking forward to seeing? Sounds good! It's always nice to have a break from the kids ( god forgive me) haha I think it's nice knowing you only have urself to think or worry about.

    Don't stress too much about the festival with food and drink etc because like you say u don't do it often and it's better having a planned break that not plan then have something you feel sooo much worse!

    Then when your back you move on and get to goal!! Yay!!

    You must post some before and now pics. Would be a great motivation for all of us! Myself included!


    Where are you from?!? Lool

    Xxxx

  6. #6
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Today has been meh!

    I will post pics when im feeling less fat, I know ive lost a lot but mind and body seem in two totally different places right now. Im hoping mind catches up soon but i look in the mirror and although I know in my rational mind 7st is a great loss i still see that fat chick. if you follow me ???

    today has been good diet wise really could do with hitting the ol water again as not quite there yet but apart from that no major drama.

    This diet really does make you stop and think maybe its because food has been removed so you have to rethink? I turn to food to cope with anything which is kinda sad. in a way its almost a bit like self harm but different . I dont know really we all fight our demons in the end its inevitable you can spend your life running but you can never escape yourself this diet allows you to face your munch related demons so hopefully you can leave the weight behind you as a thing of the past something you did that doesnt define you!!

    Still cant picture myself actually being thin does that sound weird ?? I supose its because I was never ever thin its strange anyways random rant of the day over.

    Via la food resistance!! lol

  7. #7
    Really Really likes to post!
    marthacol1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th June, 2012
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    36
    Diet: CWP
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 28th June 2012
    Start Weight: 23st1lb
    Current Weight: 21st9lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: April 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 50.6
    Current BMI: 47.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st6lb
    Weight to Lose: 9st9lb
    % Lost 6.19%
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkydink View Post
    Today has been meh!

    I will post pics when im feeling less fat, I know ive lost a lot but mind and body seem in two totally different places right now. Im hoping mind catches up soon but i look in the mirror and although I know in my rational mind 7st is a great loss i still see that fat chick. if you follow me ???

    today has been good diet wise really could do with hitting the ol water again as not quite there yet but apart from that no major drama.

    This diet really does make you stop and think maybe its because food has been removed so you have to rethink? I turn to food to cope with anything which is kinda sad. in a way its almost a bit like self harm but different . I dont know really we all fight our demons in the end its inevitable you can spend your life running but you can never escape yourself this diet allows you to face your munch related demons so hopefully you can leave the weight behind you as a thing of the past something you did that doesnt define you!!

    Still cant picture myself actually being thin does that sound weird ?? I supose its because I was never ever thin its strange anyways random rant of the day over.

    Via la food resistance!! lol
    I completely get what you mean!! I've nvr been thin either n can't imagine being so either! It's like I'm going to myself yea right! Good one Martha. Ur not built to be thin and my mum is also very heavy. 5'2 was 27 stone and is now 24. She had a gastric sleeve but nvr kept all the weight off. Sad really because I see how unhappy it makes her and the stuff she couldn't do with us and I don't wanna be that kind of mum. Don't get me wrong she gave us the best childhood and I think she's an incredible mum I just wished she would go to the cinema or out for a drink or just shopping but she didn't like people looking at her.

    Same here even though I've pretty much said goodbye to 6 stone I just focus on the other 6 I still have to loose. Then ya go through phases of being annoyed at urself for getting so big.

    No worries put the pics up when ur ready will be nice to put a face to the name.

    Haven't had much water today either lol need to drink some when I get home later.

    Hope you have a nice evening! Anything nice planned? Xx

  8. #8
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Currently at work fighting the urge to munch the desk epically hungary tonight, maybe due to it being a slow shift who knew i also eat when bored . ***** makes me wonder did I just eat non stop regardless of mood or situeation?

    I think I have decided to stay on SS/SS+ (with the exception of festival break fingers crossed not to much damage) untill I reach 12st then up the steps to lose the final 2st. hopefully this way I will have finally conquered those pesky food demons and re educate myself into normal eating. Right now the thought of people food is proper scary. which is strange as I now find myself watching food programmes and obsessing about calorie contents bizarre.

    Finding it all a bit strange really I read so many negative comments about being overweight but hand on heart I always got on with life no major drama. Exercise was a swear word and calorie counting get a hobbie !! I used to scoff at people now im like a women consumed by weight loss mission. I now run (well attempt to) at least once a week for 4.5 miles again this is unheard of unless there was a mega sale or plane to catch I didnt do running lol .

    I know its just another 3.7st but OMG FEELS LIKE ITS GONNA TAKE FOREVER!!! I like it JUST JUST seems almost unthinkable I could finally be thin (ish lol) I dont think ive been 12st since I was 12!!!

    Anyways I better do some work as cambridge unfortunatly does pay for itself lol xx

  9. #9
    Really Really likes to post!
    marthacol1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th June, 2012
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    36
    Diet: CWP
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 28th June 2012
    Start Weight: 23st1lb
    Current Weight: 21st9lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: April 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 50.6
    Current BMI: 47.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st6lb
    Weight to Lose: 9st9lb
    % Lost 6.19%
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkydink View Post
    Currently at work fighting the urge to munch the desk epically hungary tonight, maybe due to it being a slow shift who knew i also eat when bored . ***** makes me wonder did I just eat non stop regardless of mood or situeation?

    I think I have decided to stay on SS/SS+ (with the exception of festival break fingers crossed not to much damage) untill I reach 12st then up the steps to lose the final 2st. hopefully this way I will have finally conquered those pesky food demons and re educate myself into normal eating. Right now the thought of people food is proper scary. which is strange as I now find myself watching food programmes and obsessing about calorie contents bizarre.

    Finding it all a bit strange really I read so many negative comments about being overweight but hand on heart I always got on with life no major drama. Exercise was a swear word and calorie counting get a hobbie !! I used to scoff at people now im like a women consumed by weight loss mission. I now run (well attempt to) at least once a week for 4.5 miles again this is unheard of unless there was a mega sale or plane to catch I didnt do running lol .

    I know its just another 3.7st but OMG FEELS LIKE ITS GONNA TAKE FOREVER!!! I like it JUST JUST seems almost unthinkable I could finally be thin (ish lol) I dont think ive been 12st since I was 12!!!

    Anyways I better do some work as cambridge unfortunatly does pay for itself lol xx
    Working late eh? What do u do Hun?

    It's hard to push through sometimes but the end is in sight and we will do this!!!

    I'm excited for you! Ur gonna get there and you will feel amazing. You should be so proud of yourself

    Xxxx

  10. #10
    Really Really likes to post!
    CrazyDiamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th June, 2009
    Location
    New Forest, UK
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    51
    Diet: Cambridge
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 01/01/2013
    Start Weight: 14st9lb
    Current Weight: 12st10lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.1
    Current BMI: 29.6
    Goal BMI: 22.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st13lb
    Weight to Lose: 3st3lb
    % Lost 13.17%
    Hi Lucy! Found you!

    WOW you have done awesome already!! You only started 2 days after me, where have you been all this time!!? glad you finally started a diary, and can't wait to so some so far pics, there must be a massive difference in you already!!

    I know what you mean about never being thin. And it has an odd physchology, because in my head I'm still a fat person, but I suppose now, some people would consider me thin, BUT I still look down and see a wobby belly, bingo wings, big thighs, I think when you're big, you even loose sight of what "thin" is? Now I'm babbling a bit, but I guess in the same way I never thougt I was "that big" now I still don't think I'm "that thin" which I do put down to never ever in my life not being overweight apart from when I was about 3 and wasn't aware of that sort of thing anyway!

    Ria

    x

  11. #11
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
    Hi Lucy! Found you!

    WOW you have done awesome already!! You only started 2 days after me, where have you been all this time!!? glad you finally started a diary, and can't wait to so some so far pics, there must be a massive difference in you already!!

    I know what you mean about never being thin. And it has an odd physchology, because in my head I'm still a fat person, but I suppose now, some people would consider me thin, BUT I still look down and see a wobby belly, bingo wings, big thighs, I think when you're big, you even loose sight of what "thin" is? Now I'm babbling a bit, but I guess in the same way I never thougt I was "that big" now I still don't think I'm "that thin" which I do put down to never ever in my life not being overweight apart from when I was about 3 and wasn't aware of that sort of thing anyway!

    Ria

    x
    Thanks ria i will load pics at some point still a wee bit camara shy lol

    Right ive decided to document mini lil achievements that make me smile.

    1. Sat on patio chair with no bum overspill today. No more shallow breathing and stratigic balancing to ensure the chair didnt break!!!! Whoop whoop till now always prefered the indignity of getting up after sitting on the floor rather then the shame of busted patio chairs ooooooooo the shame!!!

    Patio chairs of the uk fear not i mean you no harm lol

  12. #12
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Festival count down is now On, 2 days left!!!!!!!!

    So from thursday I'll be off the wagon ish for a week (planned break)!! Never thought it I'd ever dread eating, im taking bars with me so all is not lost. Its strange eating seems scary but its been a real struggle for the last two weeks because I know Im having a planned break. if that makes any sense??

    The last 2 days have been epic, sooooooo stressful and the tempation to eat the fridge has been strong. luckliy due to going away there is nothing nice in the fridge which has helped. I dont want to eat for eating sake however if there was nice bits in they may have been demolished. lol

    This diet is easy if you can just focus, when life bites ya on the arse as it often does thats when I find it difficult. Trying not to feel sorry for myself and focus on having a good festival break, its going to be great just need to get through the next 2 days on SS. Then its damage limitation for a week then back to being an SS angel for three more stone!! I can do this , I think i can,I know I can lol

  13. #13
    Really Really likes to post!
    marthacol1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th June, 2012
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,345
    Rep Power
    36
    Diet: CWP
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 28th June 2012
    Start Weight: 23st1lb
    Current Weight: 21st9lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: April 2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 50.6
    Current BMI: 47.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st6lb
    Weight to Lose: 9st9lb
    % Lost 6.19%
    Defo easy when u focus not long to you go away now!! Excitement kicking in?? xx

  14. #14
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by marthacol1988 View Post
    Defo easy when u focus not long to you go away now!! Excitement kicking in?? xx

    Excited much!!
    All pack and nothing bigger than an 18 whoop whoop!! Just weighed in 5 lbs off this week bringing total weight loss to 103.5lbs get in!!!

    Festival tomoro so let the damage limitation begin!!! Lol xx

    Hope all you other lovely ladies have fab hols 2 x

  15. #15
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    17th April, 2013
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkydink View Post

    Excited much!!
    All pack and nothing bigger than an 18 whoop whoop!! Just weighed in 5 lbs off this week bringing total weight loss to 103.5lbs get in!!!

    Festival tomoro so let the damage limitation begin!!! Lol xx

    Hope all you other lovely ladies have fab hols 2 x

    Back from the festival feeling bleuh!! on the whole i was very good on the food front however......... Naughty pear cider evil pear cider!!
    Back on plan and it feels good bit like a detox. Had a hop on the scales and have stayed the same so all in all not too bad really .

    I even saw cambridge lemon bar wrappers around the festival campsite!! Really made me smile lol

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.