100 Days til Christmas Challenge
Okay so I have about 100 days before I jet off on holiday this Christmas, I calculate that to be about 16 weeks. I have already lost over 5 stones, but want to lose at least 2 more.
I have been messing about a lot over the last month, losing here and there and then putting it on again - culminating in lots of pizza and ice cream last night.....so it seems that although I thought I had learned a lot whilst doing the VLCD, not much has stuck. The one thing I have done religiously is get on the scales, not a morning has gone past when I have not braved the scales to see what they say - that proves to me that I must have changed something....even if it is quite small.
So I have a few things planned to keep me on track:
1. I have my countdown calendar on the wall with each of my 100 days clearly marked, I will give myself a sticker for each day! (clearly motivated by stickers, doesn't take much)
2. I promised myself one charm on my bracelet for every stone I lost, I now have 5 charms and I want at least 2 more (there is a christmas one I was aching for last year) so I am going to get those
3. I am going to come and pour my thoughts out on minimims as many times a day as it takes to keep me on track
4. I am going to remember that about this time last year I started a thread similar to this weighing 17.10 stones, no one can take the achievement of weight loss away from me.....but me - and I am not going to do it to myself again
5. I am going to take all the support I can get
6. I am going to get some new clothes, so far I haven't bought anything new and am going to wait to shed another stone before I get anything!
So here's to being back in control again and to the next 100 days :)
Re: 100 Days til Christmas Challenge
[QUOTE=Wallywithabrolly;6698656]Okay .....day 4 today and still slightly sceptical about the scales which say I am already 11lbs down, I am hoping that is a true reading (even though it is only water) it makes me feel great and puts me only a whisker away from the next stone boundary and .....drumroll......a healthy BMI.
Things are still really going well, there is no pressure from anyone but myself (hubby is still really supportive - but worried that the scales have dropped so quickly and thinks my goal of 3 stone is too much and that I wont be healthy at that weight). I have 97 days to go - so I am keeping myself motivated my thinking about what charm I am going to have on my bracelet for my sixth stone: I want it to be something meaningful - because six stone is a lot of weight to lose and I dont want to put it back on again and thinking about how wonderful I will feel when I go on our planned USA road trip at Christmas at my target weight (and wondering about how I will prevent too much damage)
The other thing I am thinking about is people I haven't seen for a while - I have mixed feelings about this - firstly it is nice when people I know relatively well tell me how good I look (I have even been called an inspiration at work :p) but I dont know if I will like it when its people I have not seen for a while. I have gone through a rather dramatic transformation in a relatively short time and some people haven't recognised me - so I dont know how to deal with something like that. I am guessing I will cross that bridge when I come it, but I would be lying if I said it doesn't spur me on to lose just that little bit more.
On another subject I have become completely obsessed with water and water bottles, having procured another one yesterday I now have a rather massive collection and love every one of them - I have really undergone a change in choosing water over other drinks (apart from tea...couldn't live without that) and hope that this is a permanent change, in fact I hope that all the changes are permanent but the only person who can decide that is me.
Heres to day 4...positive, healthy and raring to go[/QUOTE
Wow. That's a lot of weight loss in a few days... I seem to be steadying out and losing an average of 2lbs a week, although some weeks are more. I would love to lose 2 stone by Christmas and am upping my exercise but really struggling at times with my diet. Mainly because I live alone and hate cooking for myself or shopping. Need to have a real sit down and think about it more.
Well done on getting so close to you healthy bmi and I know what you mean about worrying how you will react. Just try and take it as a positive as they will only mean it that way.
Hope day 4 has gone well xxx