Likes to post
- Rep Power
Diet: NHS Balanced Diet
Start Date: 29/03/2012
Start Weight: 22st9.5lb
Current Weight: 21st10.2lb
Start BMI: 45.6
Current BMI: 43.6
Total Weight Loss: 0st13.3lb
% Lost 4.19%
The problem I find it's that there's so much stigma attached to being type 2 in the media and broader society that you feel embarrassed and ashamed to suffer from it. Then of course you see people a LOT bigger than yourself who don't have diabetes and resent that too. Like everything in life there are good days and bad days, but we just have to keep plugging away, it's our only option.
Newcastle Diet: Day 7/56
I agree with you Ross, it is a feeling of 'oh well, it's your fault, you ate too much, now you are a drain on the NHS' - an attitude we see on an almost daily basis via the media. My understanding is that it is gene influenced first and foremost and that lots of other things can cause type 2 such as medicines (steroids), stress, low birth weight and yes, for some excessive weight gain. However, there are plenty of thin type 2's out there, so it cannot possibly be entirely weight related. However, I think the media loves a bit of 'fat bashing' and us cuddly type 2's are a very easy target.
Love Barb xxxxx
May 17th 2011 - The fight back to health.:
May to December 2011 28lbs lost.
Weight gained between December 2011-March 2012 = 9lbs
March 26th - Back with a vengeance!
New day for weigh-ins- Mondays.
Start weight 15.11
April 2nd - 1lb lost = 15.10
April 9th - 2lbs lost = 15.8
April 16th -1lb lost = 15.7
April 23rd - STS = 15.7 = acceptable!
- Rep Power
There's a lot of great advice in here, so maybe I can give you a little story that will help you feel better. My grandmother has diabetes, and she's always told me that she doesn't worry about a small candy bar here, or a bite of cake there. Her motto is that as long as you're taking care of yourself 90% of the time it's okay to lapse the other 10%. "Sometimes," she says, "It's just not worth living if you can't have that chocolate." So be careful, be healthy, and be forgiving of yourself if you have to bend the rules in a rare instance.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Hellen Keller
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.