Not sure if this has been done before so stop me if it has!
I realised that there are live chats several times a week over on the Dukan site and the moderators give out a ton of information about what is and isn't allowed on different phases.
Some of the questions are a bit rubbish (Am I allowed chocolate cake on attack?) but there's generally some useful stuff there. I'm going to see if I can start a thread to capture the main points that come up each time as the chats don't seem to be archived anywhere. To be honest, even if they are, there are so many daft questions you only find a couple of useful bits of info each session and it'd be very dull to trawl through!
I'm just going to summarise details given out during the chat – please don't shoot the messenger!! Am also going to be arbitrarily deciding which points are most relevant to most people and leave the rest out – if you think I missed anything, just add it in! Any points in inverted commas are quoted verbatim, the others are my summary.
So, here are the key points from the 11thJuly 2012 chat.
- Muller light vanilla yoghurts are tolerated items so you can have up to 2 a day, from cruise onwards
- Quorn sausages (per 100g: 12.6g protein, 11.6g carbs of which 0.3 g sugars; 6.8g fat of which 0.6g saturates) are ok as they do not contain too much fat.
- Hemp milk is too fatty for any phase
- Up to 750g of soya milk a day is ok (this was in reply to a question from someone who's lactose intolerant so is probably instead of, rather than as well as, other dairy for the day)
- Up to 300g of sugar free jelly is allowed from cruise onwards
- “At one point in time there were mixed messages about whole eggs and egg whites. You can have an unlimited amount of eggs, especially egg whites if you do not have high cholesterol.”
- “In consolidation you are allowed to have 220g of starches per week (to be taken at one time and not spread out throughout the week) and so you can make that couscous, lentils, or peas; or even a combination, it's up to you really. ”
- Try crisping up unrolled crab sticks in the oven (10-15 mins at 180C) if you're missing crisps. [Um.....I mentioned not to shoot the messenger, right...?]
That's all I gleaned from that chat, will report back once they've posted today's gems.