Have any of you done the exercises in the book. I had read about them when i first got the book, but Mum mentioned she was doing them so i gave them another go.
Was looking online last night to see if there were any more or anything about the exercises and came across this picture which definately helps with understanding how to stand/lay etc.
Sorry the pic isn't that big.
This is the written bit:...
2. The Dukan Diet Special
This one you do in bed before you go to sleep and before you get out in the morning. (no it's not what your thinking
It is exceptionally effective and enables you to work a large range of muscle groups Ś stomach, thigh and arm.
1. Position a pillow and a cushion on your bed to make a comfortable inclined plane.
2. Lie down with your back on this inclined plane.
3. Bend your knees and with your arms outstretched hold your knees however is best for you, either clasping them from above or on the inside or outside.
4. In this half-supine position, raise your chest vertically using only your stomach muscles and without any help from your arms.
5. Then lower yourself on to your cushion and pillow support.
6. Try to do this 15 times without using your arms.
* Once you have managed this 15 times, start again from scratch, lifting yourself up with your arm muscles now instead of your stomach muscles.
3. The Buttock Muscles Special
This one you also do in bed, its basically lifting your butt off the bed so everything from your knees to your chin is in a straight line, then lowering back down again.
1. Start by removing the pillow and cushion - you do this exercise lying flat.
2. Lie on your back with your arms outstretched on the bed.
3. Bring your knees up to your thighs to form a right angle.
4. In this position, pushing, down both on your outstretched arms and also on your feet and the muscles in the back of the thighs, make a bridge shape by raising your buttocks towards the ceiling until your chest and legs are aligned on a perfectly sloping straight line.
5. Once you are aligned lower yourself quickly, bounce off the mattress and go up again until you form a straight line again.
The trampoline effect makes the exercise easier and helps you keep going until you feel warmth and tone creeping into the back of your arms, thighs and in your buttocks. Repeat 30 times.
4. The Thighs Special
1. Stand if possible in front of a mirror, placing your feet slightly apart
2. And squat down so your butt touches your heels (hold onto a bench if you need support)
3. Stand back up slowly and repeat 15 times. (work your way up to this number, its not an easy exercise)
5. The Flabby Arms Special
1. Stand up holding a 1.5L bottle of water
2. With your arms by your sides, with palms facing your legs
3. Bend your forearm bringing the bottle to touch your shoulder.
4. Bring your arm down to the original position
5. Then stretch your arm as far behind you as you can.
6. Repeat 15 times per arm.