Agave nectar sweetener?!
Has anyone seen/used this stuff? It's an all natural thing (looks like honey) I spotted it in sainsburys yesterday and I was interested in buying it. The carbs were really low and I tried to compare it to the Splenda but my brain wouldn't work it out?!? I had an mithering 8 year old with me and felt faint (big mistake going out of the house!) so I just grabbed my sweetener and left.
Anyway, blabbering on now!
dont know hun, i was looking at some liquid sweetner but it said it was from fruit sugars so I figured it wouldnt be allowed. try see where it comes from.
Sainsburys!!!! Hahaha x
Originally Posted by dukannotsofatty
Agave nectar is a no-no for the Dukan diet sadly. I found this list the other day while I was looking to see what were ok and what wasn't:
Sugar Substitutes and Sweeteners Allowed on the Dukan Diet
Brands of Sugar Substitutes and Sweeteners Allowed on the Dukan Diet
- Equal (Equal Classic uses Aspartame, Equal Sucralose uses sucralose and Equal Saccharin uses saccharin)
- Ideal (Ideal Packets contain xylitol, sucralose, dextrose and maltodextin and Ideal white granulated contains xylitol, sucralose and maltodextrin)
- Splenda (No calorie Sweetener Packets has sucralose, dextrose and maltodextrin while the No calories Sweetener granulated contains sucralose and maltodextrin)
- SweetLeaf (Stevia)
- Sweet’n'Low (Saccharin and dextrose)
- Truvia (Stevia and erythritol)
- XyloBrit (Xylitol)
- XyloSweet (Xylitol)
Sugar Substitutes and Sweeteners Not Allowed on the Dukan Diet
- Agave nectar or syrup
- Brown rice syrup
- Brown sugar
- Coconut Nectar or Crystals
- Lucuma Powder
- Maple Syrup
- White sugar (made from cane or beets)
- Yacon Syrup
I bought some liquid sweetner from Swedish Connections where I buy the preema flavourings from. You only need 2 drops as a teaspoon. Costs £1.99 for about 30ml but well worth it.
I've not found that the sweetner disolves in water for a syrup, it just makes it sweet water LOL.
Hi, Just wanted to ask where you found that Xylitol was allowed?
I've seen so many contradictory things on the web!
bridesmaid, don't know where alco saw it, not seen for a for a while so she may not be around to answer this. worth a google with the word dukan in the search, it might throw somethign out
I've been using it sparingly but also using splenda which doesn't seem to taste as good...
Hey Bridesmaid, I found the info here: http://thedukandietsite.com/
I just googled it though, its how I find most information really. :D
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.