By popular request , this is approximately what I make when I say 'coleslaw':
- Half a small white cabbage, finely sliced / shredded.
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
Adjust the above proportions to personal preference.
Sauce made from: again this varies every time and adjust to preference. Yoghurt has a tendency to make it watery so it's better using quark. This in turn may need extra 'thinning', for which I use a tb or two of skimmed milk if there's already enough vinegar.
- 3 tb yoghurt/quark/ fromage frais
- 1 tb vinegar
- 1 ts mustard
- salt & pepper
- pinch of splenda
- chopped parsley or chives
I make sure there's a fair amount of sauce and it needs to be quite runny. Mix into the veg and put in fridge to leave flavours to develop for at least a couple of hours