I thought it might be an idea to post my recipe in its own thread, rather than directing new people to a specific page of our recipe thread.
Dukan Muffins - alternative to galette/pancake
(Make 12 muffins, 4 days' worth of oats - Cruise phase. Freeze well.)
8 x tablespoons oatbran*
(* if on attack, only 6 tablespoons for four days' muffins)
4 x tablespoons wheatbran*
(*skip if on attack or if no "transit" issues)
4 x tablespoons of fat free fromage frais or quark
4 eggs (separated; you can lose a yolk without noticing! I tend to use 5 whites and 3 yolks)
tip of teaspoon baking powder (optional... I often forget!)
AND, if savoury, some cubed smoked salmon, other smoked fish, ham, chicken, whatever... I also put 1/3 of a crabstick on each.
OR, if sweet, some sweetener, and flavouring of your choice...
1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 6 (200°C)
2. Prepare your filling. I chop a piece of smoked salmon or fish into 12 little squares, and 3 crabsticks into 12 little pieces.
3. In a large bowl, place your oatbran, [wheatbran], fromage frais/quark and egg yolks, and mix with a spoon.
4. Then whisk egg whites until firm, and incorporate rapidly.
5. SAVOURY ONES - half fill 12 muffin moulds, quickly pop one piece of fish in each, then fill remaining, popping piece of crabstick on top.
5. SWEET ONES - spoon in sweetener, flavouring, and quickly into your 12 muffin moulds.
Straight into oven... no messing so as not to lose the air!
20 mins in ventilated oven... 30 in normal oven, I have to turn mine round after 20 in the normal oven.
(and I have them almost every day for breakfast...)