Likes to post
- Rep Power
Start Date: 19/01/2013
Start Weight: 12st3lb
Current Weight: 9st12lb
Goal Weight: 9st0lb
Goal Date: 7/05/2013 according to dukan
Start BMI: 31.3
Current BMI: 25.2
Goal BMI: 23
Total Weight Loss: 2st5lb
Weight to Lose: 0st12lb
% Lost 19.3%
AUBERGINE COOKED IN YOGURT
Was watching a cooking programme and came across this, just changed a few things to make it Dukan Friendly, thinking of making it today
- 400g/14oz small Japanese-style aubergine, thinly sliced into rounds
- good pinch ground turmeric
- salt, to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250ml/9fl oz plain fat free yogurt
- 1-1½ tsp sugar (personally i will not use sugar as i dont like the combination of chilli and sugar or sweet and sour taste, anyone wishing can replace this with sweetner i guess)
- 1 rounded tsp cumin seeds, toasted in a frying pan and ground in a clean coffee grinder or pestle and mortar
- handful fresh corriander leaves, chopped, to garnish
- Dust the aubergine slices with the turmeric, salt and half the red chilli powder.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the aubergine pieces until soft (you may have to do this in two batches). Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat 200ml/7fl oz of the yoghurt with the sugar, salt and the remaining red chilli powder. Pour into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring often to stop it from splitting, for about five minutes.
- Stir in the ground cumin and the aubergine slices. Heat gently and stir to combine.
- Stir in the remaining yoghurt, check the seasoning and serve garnished with the fresh coriander.
2 tbbsp of oil is a lot. We can only have a teaspoon a day.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.