Yucky soups

Just finished Day 4 of the diet and its going well so far!
Only problem is that I dread the part of the day when I have to have a soup!! I got the bumper pack of shakes, bars and soups so I really have to have one of each every day but I wish there was some way I could trade the soups for shakes! I really look forward to my morning shake :)
I know you can add herbs/chilli flakes etc to the soups to make them better but the smell and and texture are still awful!
Anyone else having to force the soup down?

muffintopRF said:
Only problem is that I dread the part of the day when I have to have a soup!! I got the bumper pack of shakes, bars and soups so I really have to have one of each every day but I wish there was some way I could trade the soups for shakes! I really look forward to my morning shake :)
I know you can add herbs/chilli flakes etc to the soups to make them better but the smell and and texture are still awful!

Yep I didn't like them at all I just have shakes now

I'm the opposite...I even like the mushroom one...was really dreading that one...haven't tried the chocolate or strawberry shakes yet as I'm dreading those..

I initially enjoyed the soups but the last two days I have found them hard going. I sieved the mushroom soup yesterday to get rid of that horrible foamy topping and it was far more enjoyable. Perhaps give that a try. I wish I had just opted for the shakes too :)

I prefer the soups. Well actually I prefer the bars!

I find a good way of getting them down and hopefully to break the hold food has on me is to think of them as fuel for my body/brain and that is all.

Does anyone know if there are any rules in this forum about arranging to trade unwanted packs? As I have just had to drink a choc shake and almost threw up as I found it so vile!

i just had a tomato soup and was vile i add in extra water so its thinner and lots of pepper but still horrible, The fruit and nut bar was ok but the orange one was really hard going

Hi all,
I just had a vegetable which wasn't so bad but I really don't like the others, the bars are not great i've being buying the tesco rasberry ones, yummy :) I tend to just drink the shakes which is worrying coz soon all that will be left is soup and I really dont think I can bring myself to drink some of them :(
Pack trading is a brill idea if we are allowed to do it.

Hi I also am not too keen on the soups, especially tomato n basil. I find they are a bit more manageable if you split them in two. They taste better more watery plus you can have two lots.

Just to clarify your splitting packet by having half and then half again later.

That's what I do. Weigh half out then mix in mug with boiling water. Then later I tip the other half of the packet in mug and drink that. I find they taste better that way. And go further :)

I split my packs today and I have to admit that I found it a lot easier having 6 smaller portions than only 3.

Didn't change the taste of the awful chocolate one though!

I'm ok with the shakes it's the tomato and basil soup i find a bit tricky to drink. But like you I have 6 portions a day :)

Try mixing the chocolate one into a thicker consistency, add some sweetener and stick it in the microwave. It comes out as a flat muffin-type thing. It makes it much more palatable. I am wondering if I can mix a porridge and choc shake, split the mix in half to have chocolate porridge.

That's what I do too. So I have 5 smaller meals a day. I can't stand the soups, have been sick once! I thought about swapping but I read somewhere on here that you are not allowed to do it on this forum. Surely they can't stop you from swapping in general though??

Mmmmmm sounds nice :)

Back