Water

Aiven

Hi,

i am struggling big time with drinking the required 2 liters and i was wondering if water that we add to meals/shakes/soups count towards those 2l or is that on top of it?

Hi,

i am struggling big time with drinking the required 2 liters and i was wondering if water that we add to meals/shakes/soups count towards those 2l or is that on top of it?

they can count towards them hun but it is really important you try to take as much water in as you can between 2-4 litres. I struggle bit i keep a bottle with me all the time and it is surprising how much you can take in x

I can actually drink a lot but it would have to be coffee/tea and with sweeteners and i am not sure how bad it would be if i drunk no water at all. I also noticed that when i drink water my stomach hurts ;/

Tea and coffee as a total substitute for water is not a good idea, your kidneys are working especially hard on such a low carb diet so they need water to flush the system. Could you compromise? Every time you have a cup of coffee, have a small glass of water just before? That way, bit by bit, you might be able to at least have half of your fluid intake in the day in the form of water.
Or how about peppermint tea? Settles the stomach too. Or green tea?

Tea and coffee as a total substitute for water is not a good idea, your kidneys are working especially hard on such a low carb diet so they need water to flush the system. Could you compromise? Every time you have a cup of coffee, have a small glass of water just before? That way, bit by bit, you might be able to at least have half of your fluid intake in the day in the form of water.
Or how about peppermint tea? Settles the stomach too. Or green tea?

I do drink peppermint tea, 2-3 mugs every day but i am not sure that much mint is good for my stomach either. I bought exante drinks and i try to have 2 mugs of those as well. Hopefully that will do...

Back