Bouillion :-)

sazpom

I'm on day 8 today and I've really struggled So I went to my local tesco and got a drum of bouillon it's been my saviour today but I feel so naughty it tastes so good, will it take me out of ketosis ?? How much can I have a day ?

Stressing .com x

I love the stuff but I never have more than 2 cups a day just in case, though to be honest I just usually have one cup at around lunchtime - it's always lovely to have something warm.

Hi Tracey, it's a vegetable stock powder that comes in a tub, you can find it in Tesco etc - it's called marigold bouillon and you just put a teaspoon in a cup and fill it with hot water to make a lovely savoury drink.

Thank you very much,day 1 (again) today but in bed and feeling quietly proud. Will pop and get some tomorrow x

It really is a life saver, isn't it? I have a lot of shakes so sometimes I really crave for something savoury and this hits the spot. I even put it in a bowl and drink it like it's a broth. It's also fantastic if you add a teaspoon of it to a soup - when I was on LL I used to add it to the veg soup with a dash of tabasco and some white pepper. :)

This was my saviour yesterday when i was freezing and rally craving something savoury and hot, mmm yummy!
did feel a bit like cheating tho you're right there hehe

How annoying Ive just come in from shopping and quite fancy something to warm me up and stop the boredom.. Oh well Im not going out again.. Dont suppose a bovril cube or marmite would be ok instead.. Ha ha x

Bourvil would be fine. I'm not sure about the marmite. Alternatively you can have a beef or vegetable stock cube. One per day is allowed. But not chicken flavour, not sure why not but hey ho. :)

Blimey how sad? I actually really enjoyed my beef bovril.. Who needs v***a and p***a when you can have bovril xx

The simple things make a difference on this diet don't they lol

Bourvil would be fine. I'm not sure about the marmite. Alternatively you can have a beef or vegetable stock cube. One per day is allowed. But not chicken flavour, not sure why not but hey ho. :)

Oooh I didn't realize Bovril was allowed. You got me all excited now !

Thank you for this tip! I'm just starting out but I can imagine over the cold winter nights and mornings this could be just the thing to take comfort in and keep me from veering off plan! :)

Back