Day one and needing lots of support and motivation......

Allie2014

I've done VLCDs a few times and the most I ever lost was 6 1/2 stone. I've struggled to maintain over the years and had to go back on these diets to get me back on track. But this year has been a bad year and I'm now the heaviest I've ever been.

I've had a couple of failed attempts. I think this is because I've found it rather soul destroying trying to reach the same old milestones that I've passed many times before.

But here I am, day one (again) and needing lots of motivation! Fingers crossed ..........

X

Good Luck Allie, I've found tv box sets are my saviour - I wrap myself up in a blanket in bed and get lost in hours of tv. By being upstairs I'm also well away from the fridge!

Good luck Hun. U will do good, don't worry be strong! X

Good Luck Allie, I've found tv box sets are my saviour - I wrap myself up in a blanket in bed and get lost in hours of tv. By being upstairs I'm also well away from the fridge!

Good plan,I like it! Thanks xxxx

Hi Allie. Good luck with your journey. I find that having a diary and following everyone else's not only holds me to account but also motivates me and inspires me. Everyone is very supportive. I spent a lot of time just reading through people's diaries when I first started. It stopped me eating and inspired me at the same time!

Hi Allie. Good luck with your journey. I find that having a diary and following everyone else's not only holds me to account but also motivates me and inspires me. Everyone is very supportive. I spent a lot of time just reading through people's diaries when I first started. It stopped me eating and inspired me at the same time!

Thank you Lynne, I will definitely do that. Sound like a really good idea xxxx

How are you doing so far. 6.5 stone is an amazing amount to have lost before! You may find you cope better this time with the support you get here on the exante forum.

How are you doing so far. 6.5 stone is an amazing amount to have lost before! You may find you cope better this time with the support you get here on the exante forum.

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for that! I broke yesterday (ate a small rebellious bowl of cereal). It didn't help that I was using old packs that I had left over, and not particularly ones that I fancied. I got my new delivery yesterday so have started with more conviction today.

I just have lacked the determination one needs to get into ketosis.

But I agree it's really nice having access to other people who are going through it too!

I suspect I have lost some weight (because I haven't eaten a lot of calories), but weigh day is Friday (hopefully I'll actually have got myself into ketosis by then)!

:)

xxxxx

You just have to get through those first 3 or 4 days! I'm not very good at it myself but I keep trying!

Keep at it :)

Believe me, I know how hard it is - but starting and stopping just prolongs the agony

.....get past the first 3-4 days, then it gets MUCH easier :D

Start a diary - really great for keeping yourself accountable

....and read other diaries for motivation and support

I've been TS 100% since January 1st, and no way could I have done it without the support of the others here - and using my diary for rambling on when I've been tempted by the food demons :eek:

You just have to get through those first 3 or 4 days! I'm not very good at it myself but I keep trying!

I've done it before, so I can do it again. In 3 days time I WILL be in ketosis!! Thanks again xxx

Keep at it :)

Believe me, I know how hard it is - but starting and stopping just prolongs the agony

.....get past the first 3-4 days, then it gets MUCH easier :D

Start a diary - really great for keeping yourself accountable

....and read other diaries for motivation and support

I've been TS 100% since January 1st, and no way could I have done it without the support of the others here - and using my diary for rambling on when I've been tempted by the food demons :eek:

Very wise words Darcy thank you. You're absolutely right! I'm on it ;-)

I'm so pleased I've got this place for support this time xxxxx

Hi Allie... Well done on getting back to it especially after having put some back on again.
Just two points that I always like to make is that firstly, don't make your actions a rebellion..as you put it. That's just another way of saying that you've failed again and that wont help matters at all. I prefer to say they are blips 'cos we all have them whoever we are, it's just being human. So enjoy the odd blip and then get back to it a.s.a.p.
Secondly, don't keep reminding yourself that you've done it before as this wont be the final one and only time that you will be here.. sorry to say.. it's a lifetimes journey and as you may well know, maintaining is just as hard but you can train yourself into a routine that will be so automatic you wont have to keep thinking about it all the time.

Hope that helps a bit and well done again for making it this far.
All the very best to you! :)

Hi Allie... Well done on getting back to it especially after having put some back on again.
Just two points that I always like to make is that firstly, don't make your actions a rebellion..as you put it. That's just another way of saying that you've failed again and that wont help matters at all. I prefer to say they are blips 'cos we all have them whoever we are, it's just being human. So enjoy the odd blip and then get back to it a.s.a.p.
Secondly, don't keep reminding yourself that you've done it before as this wont be the final one and only time that you will be here.. sorry to say.. it's a lifetimes journey and as you may well know, maintaining is just as hard but you can train yourself into a routine that will be so automatic you wont have to keep thinking about it all the time.

Hope that helps a bit and well done again for making it this far.
All the very best to you! :)

Oh thank you so much! You're absolutely right, very wise words. Having support from people like you I'm sure will make a big difference xx

Hi, I am day 1 today with a short term goal in mind and trying to stay positive and focussed.... We are off to Disney world in 6 weeks!!!
I am hoping to maintain Total solution for 4-5weeks then re introduce some food before we go. Day 1 has been ok, but i had the Shepherds Pie for tea...... YUK :(

Hi, I am day 1 today with a short term goal in mind and trying to stay positive and focussed.... We are off to Disney world in 6 weeks!!!
I am hoping to maintain Total solution for 4-5weeks then re introduce some food before we go. Day 1 has been ok, but i had the Shepherds Pie for tea...... YUK :(

Hi Chaz, Im going in holiday to Cornwall in May, so hope to stick to it until then. I then hope to lose weight on conventional food, although not feeling particularly confident about that!

Ive done a few VLCDs, and one thing Ive concluded is that I cannot bear soups or the savoury meals - bleurrrgh!!

This time I am simply having porridge for breakfast, bar for lunch and a shake for tea. Not much variation but its what works for me.

Good luck with your first week xxxxx

Back