Really fed up!

Hypnotanz

Hi,
just finished first week and I've been really good apart from having a little bit of skimmed milk in my tea.
I was weighed today and haven't lost anything!
What's going on? I'm so disappointed
I joined a gym today and am hoping things improve but I'm on a lot of very heavy medication ( methotrexate and enbrel injections) for rheumatoid arthritis
Has anyone else not lost in the first week?
i really need some support and motivation to keep going : (

I'm sorry to hear that. I really can't offer much advice as I've always lost... other than to say don't give up, give it another week. Maybe try giving up the milk, I've seen some people are very sensitive in relation to extras and coming out of ketosis. Chin up x

I did read on here about someone else not losing in their first week a couple of weeks ago.

Are your injections steroids? Just wondering if that might make a difference.

It's surprising you haven't lost. I wonder if its just a blip and you'll lose loads next week? Even if the milk kept you out of ketosis the lack of calories should still have caused you to lose.

I've done VLCDs in the past, been perfect and only lost a pound. Was gutted but then would lose something ridiculous like 6lb the following week. So keep your chin up!

You did get weighed on the same scales at the same time of day didn't you? (Sorry if that's a daft question). And are your scales reliable?

Good luck for next week Im sure you'll get some results xxxxxx

Thanks for the supportive replies. I will plod on and hope for better results.
Sorry if I came across as a whinger.
Thanks again x

Back