Struggling to get started! Scared and stuck

HI - Im hoping you wonderful people can help advise me. Im new to Exante, but not new to vlcd (having succeeded at LL and got to goal losing 6.5 stone, only to fail at keeping it off. I now weight more than ever.

I really want to do total solution, but Im struggling to get in the zone.

I think Im scared of the first few tough days getting into ketosis.

Are there any tips to help me 'man up' and deal with it? So many of you managed it so why am I such a wet blanket!

Thanks in advance!

x

I have had many a restart but only succeed when my head is in the right place. And I have a goal or event to work towards. Need something to focus my energy on or I make it to day 2 and then fail.
This is a very difficult diet unless you can give it 100%. I know the next few days will be tough after going off plan yesterday but I have the thought of needing to wear a bikini in June to keep me going.
Good luck! :)

Yes I agree with Nats, its all about getting your head in the right place. Don't think too far ahead about how tough it is going to be to get into ketosis. Be positive. You've made the decision to do it, that's great, now just take it one step at a time. Commit to doing 1 day, your willpower alone should get you through that, then once day 1 is done, do you really want to sabotage the good start…so on to day 2 and by day 3 you should be feeling much better with ketosis kicking in. i just take it 3 packs by 3 packs. There is something in your mind which is probably thinking I failed to keep it off last time so there is no point in starting, but slap that thought away. That was last time, this is now and you can do this! Kick the naughty thoughts into touch! Good luck. x

My technique is to think of where I want to be and how quickly. The main benefit I see with VLCD is the speed. So just tell yourself its may be harder at first but its so much faster. I also drink everytime I think I am hungry and the water really fills me up.
You can do it!! Go for it!

I'm in day 4 now. Got a little headache but feeling great now so think ketosis is kicking in. What I do u might think sad but I look at before and after photos of people before their weight loss and after and gives me a boost. It's so nice out at the mo I just have to look out the window and think - when summer actually comes do I really want to be layering my clothes to cover my stomach and arms. Do I want to keep going Into shops and buying huge sizes just so they don't cling at all to any part of my body! Every time I think I'm gunna falter I try remember one of those things. Hope it works! I've just ordered a bikini from eBay- I need to tone up to remotely be able to wear it so that's another incentive gunna leave it hanging on the cupboard in bedroom . I've also got a holiday booked to Las Vegas in October and I don't wanna hide away and cover up I wanna have fun and not care if photos are taken! x

Back