vlcd and quitting smoking

tink

Ordered my starter pack today, and bought my last pack of cigs too.

is this mad? i figured if ketosis is going to be really poo then i might as well feel REALLY poo and just get it all out the way this week.... i'll probably be unbearable tho!

has anyone else done this, is it stupid?!
this is also my first vlcd so no real idea of what to expect, only done weight watchers and slimming world before and not managed to lose more than a stone each time, which went straight back on when i stopped!

any words of wisdom welcome!

xxx

I think your being very brave!

Don't forget that you will get side effects starting a VLCD. Plus side effects from nicotine withdrawal that can also make you feel a bit sick and dizzy!

If you believe you can do it then go for it. But if it's too hard don't give yourself a hard time.

I'd say consider using patches or something to take the edge off nicotine withdrawal. (Not nicotine replacement taken orally tho as I suspect your system would not appreciate it on this diet ;-))

Goo dluck xxxxxx

thanks! i honestly have no idea what im letting myself in for! and i have to admit i am having a lovely day eating cheese and chocolates and even a small beer at lunch time! tomoro is going to be a stinker, then work on wednesday but luckily everyone is already on a vlcd so they can help me! is keeping busy the answer? i am the laziest person going so need a new hobby i think!

best of luck for tomoro too, if we can get to friday i reckon we're doing bloody well!

Im not doing too well, a bit poorly and no appetite so decided to have a couple of cigs :( I am finding everything in the exante diet foul tasting tho :( I have no appetite at all which I don't think is helping. So far today I've had the eggs -avoid at all costs! A porridge which made me gag and spag bol which tastes powery. Not going well! I had to take some painkillers so I've had 2 biscuits too, maybe I should wait til I'm better?! Somebody please tell me the taste gets more bearable!!
T x

well that has been a complete waste of 2 weeks! had a vile virus, but better now. had a lovely easter/birthday weekend and just smoked my last cigarette, eaten my last chocolate!

roll on feeling crap, being grump, losing weight. nothing tastes as good as slim feels and all that.
weigh in first thing tomoro then will get this week over and done with, then the next, then the next!

Back