Jessica's Journey to Size 10 Skinny Jeans

cherrybomb-xo

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I have decided that, after a few years together where we have both lost and gained the same chunk if weight over and over, it's time to go big or go home. We have a 5* beach holiday in August 2015 and then our wedding in June 2016 so it's now or never.

I have a friend who has has wonderful success on Cambridge and is now maintaining well by calorie counting so I know that VLCDs do work and the weight can be kept off, even allowing for the occasional bit of pizza!

So, now for the nitty gritty. I stood on the scales this morning and my stomach dropped when I saw 15st exactly - I haven't seen a 15 on the scales for three years. I have mostly maintained around 13st after a go at Weight Watchers in 2011/2012 but I've been struggling again with binges. I never, ever thought I'd hit 15st again and I'm so disappointed with myself.

Anyway, here I stand: 5' 4", 15st and bursting out of my size 16 jeans. I've had two shakes so far today, 1.5l of water and I plan to have porridge with cinnamon for dinner. 2015, let's be having you!

Jess x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Last edited:
Day two today and I'm feeling okay. I've spent the entire day fantasising about cooking and eating the entire 2kg gammon that's currently in my freezer haha.

Breakfast was a chocolate shake at 10am, lunch was a strawberry shake at 1.30 and I managed to hold out until 6.30 before I was running to the kitchen to blitz up a vanilla shake with two spoons of coffee. Today I filled the freezer with ice and did my shakes with a handful of it in the Nutribullet, which made it soooo thick and creamy, they are 1000% more palatable than just mixed with water. I've ordered a few bars from the Exante website as I can see myself needing something to chew fairly soon!

Hope you're all doing well!

I jumped on the scales this morning (I know, I know!) and I'm down 5.6lbs after two days! I'm going to avoid getting on them until Thursday but that is so motivating!

So, I seem to be having a fairly extreme emotional reaction to this diet. I'm on day four and I'm so, so angry about everything. I'm walking around with a burning fury and resentment that I can't eat something, I'm hungry, my head hurts and plain water makes me gag. I'm choking it down but I really hate it, and I don't like black tea or coffee or green tea so I see no alternatives.

This afternoon I finally exploded and sobbed my heart out for half an hour to my fiancé, who looked really disappointed that I seem to be cracking under the pressure already. He is doing the 1200kcal Exante plan and admits that he is a bit headachy but he got really angry because he says that this is my way of backing out of our deal already. I really don't want to quit, I want to do well and get the weight off for my surgery and beyond but right now I'm so full of resentment that I'm being 'made' to do this to myself, I could punch someone in the face.

Please tell me this passes?

So, I seem to be having a fairly extreme emotional reaction to this diet. I'm on day four and I'm so, so angry about everything. I'm walking around with a burning fury and resentment that I can't eat something, I'm hungry, my head hurts and plain water makes me gag. I'm choking it down but I really hate it, and I don't like black tea or coffee or green tea so I see no alternatives. This afternoon I finally exploded and sobbed my heart out for half an hour to my fiancé, who looked really disappointed that I seem to be cracking under the pressure already. He is doing the 1200kcal Exante plan and admits that he is a bit headachy but he got really angry because he says that this is my way of backing out of our deal already. I really don't want to quit, I want to do well and get the weight off for my surgery and beyond but right now I'm so full of resentment that I'm being 'made' to do this to myself, I could punch someone in the face. Please tell me this passes?

Sorry to hear that you're having a difficult day. Unfortunately, this diet is an emotional journey and you'll have plenty of downs but also plenty of ups! The reason VLCDs are difficult is because they require an incredible amount of willpower and mind over matter, so do remind your fiancé of that as I'm sure it's not fun both being angry.

On a positive note, it will pass, days 3-5 are notorious for being the most difficult because your body is finally reacting and deciding whether to go into ketosis or if it's going to be given more calories. You just have to ride out the storm and before you know it you would have completed a whole week, a whole 7 days and a whole 168 hours on the diet!

You know yourself it will be worth it, and every time you stop you have to go through getting into ketosis which you don't want!

You are doing so well, just take a deep breath and you will make it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sheridan is right. It will pass. I've restarted this weekend but did 3 months straight last year and I often found myself in an angry mood and all I thought about was food but as soon I stood on the scales each week the anger faded.

Chin up and it'll all be worth it :)

Hang in there !! It sounds like your resenting having to do it so try re focus and write down why your doing this diet , your goals and maybe plan in a non food treat 2 weeks th day like massage ? Nails or pamper day .

Baths help me and what about other flavoured teas like strawberry ? I used to use one tea bag in my cold water too ? Or peppermint ?

Sounds like getting enough water will be hard for you maybe post on here for advise on that topic in particular ? I hear there. Caramel flavoured coffee you can get from dower edhberts ( sorry don't know spelling )

Re focus write out why your doing this xx

I just checked some drinks info for you as I wasn't sure if we were allowed fruit teas on this ( your not ) although on Cambridge you were so here's the list I hope it helps ...

Water, water and more water - you need to drink 2-4 litres a day (Some people fill up enough 1litre or 500ml bottles at the start of the day, and just make sure they've drunk them all by the end, rather than trying to count cups / glasses through the day - little and often makes it easier to get through it all in the day.)

* Coffee (black)

* Tea (black)

* Peppermint tea

* Green Tea

* Bouillon (There are vegetarian ones available and reduced salt options)

* You can add tablet sweetener to drinks as well

There are a few diet drinks that you can have: (You are best sticking to ones that have malic acid, not citric acid. Depending how sensitive you are, citric acid can knock you out of ketosis - so best to stay to the ones that won't!)

* Coke Zero

* Dr Pepper Zero

* Asda Diet Cola

* Asda Diet Cherry Cola

* Tesco strawberry flavoured water

* Sainsburys Strawberry & Kiwi water

* Perfectly Clear - Strawberry & Kiwi

* Other VLCD water flavourings

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the drinks advice.

I dislike all hot drinks apart from milky coffee so they are a no-go. We have cans of coke zero so I'll have one later.

I broke a million TS rules tonight as I was so weepy and couldn't face an Exante product so I had 200kcal of boiled eggs and ham. I feel bette having eaten but I have to say, I'm dreading the rest of this diet and really resenting feeling forced into continuing by my partner. I know he's just trying to help but I feel lousy!

It will pass once you reach ketosis some folk go on a high !!

I sometimes use peppermint / herbal tea in cold drinks too that helps .

Defo using ice in the shakes is amazing x hang in there but you need to decide why your doing it and if so I think it has to be for you but it's normal to feel like this . I'm sure I will want to punch someone by day 4 / 5

<slopes back onto the forum>

Hi everyone, I quit Exante only five days in to the plan at New Year because I felt awful and I just couldn't continue with it, I was so angry and resentful about it. I was convinced that I could go back to conventional food and that It Would Be Different This Time... isn't it always? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've managed to keep a couple of pounds off since then but my eating habits are terrible - I'm swinging between obsessive calorie counting and eating the contents of the kitchen cupboards, I just can't keep it up. It's not healthy.

I still have loads of shakes left over so tomorrow is my last-ditch attempt at shifting this weight. I'm nervous but if I don't do it, nobody will do it for me.

Morning all, day one has come around again. It's hilarious how optimistic and full of get-up-and-go I am on day one of whatever plan I'm attempting, then by 3pm on day three I'm crying into a bag of crisps ;)

Anyway, I've had a chocolate shake, a cup of green tea and I'm (slowly, trying not to gag) making my way through my first litre of plain water. I'm nervous because of how hard I found my last attempt at Exante but I'm trying to focus on how good I'll feel in a bikini on the beach in Turkey. 27 weeks to go!

Morning all, day one has come around again. It's hilarious how optimistic and full of get-up-and-go I am on day one of whatever plan I'm attempting, then by 3pm on day three I'm crying into a bag of crisps ;) Anyway, I've had a chocolate shake, a cup of green tea and I'm (slowly, trying not to gag) making my way through my first litre of plain water. I'm nervous because of how hard I found my last attempt at Exante but I'm trying to focus on how good I'll feel in a bikini on the beach in Turkey. 27 weeks to go!
hey cherrybomb, how are you getting on since your restart this week?
I am on day 1 of restart and am already dreading days 3-7 as I know these are always the worst for me.
Not sure if you have already joined but there is a march challenge thread set up, I find this helps to keep me focused as I don't like to let people down if I've pledged or dedicated myself to lol xx

How is everyone getting on?

This is my first day of Exante TS so we will see how it goes! I am going on holiday in late April and want to lose at least 20lbs! I did Lighter Life Lite 2 years ago and managed to drop 21lbs in 6 weeks and this was with eating non carb evening meals. I remember going through ketosis on LLL and felt amazing! after the first week of headaches and stomach grumbles I felt I had so much more energy and felt great! Just keep up with it that's all I can say!

Cant wait to get more porridge through the post! xx

Hey cherrybomb, I also struggled with moods espesh in the 1st week. Food is very emotive & u really need 2 find other ways 2 feel good, and take it day by day. My poor fella took it on the chin cos I would blame it all on him for "getting me pregnant & making me fat!" and still do say it but more (half, lol) jokey now. It does get easier espesh after the first week cos when the weight starts dropping you have more of a reason for putting yourself through this, and it is hard! My fella eats literally constantly & has a body to die for - so so so completely unfair! But I know i'll feel so much happier in a few weeks than I would if I gave in now. Hope u ok!x

How is everyone getting on? This is my first day of Exante TS so we will see how it goes! I am going on holiday in late April and want to lose at least 20lbs! I did Lighter Life Lite 2 years ago and managed to drop 21lbs in 6 weeks and this was with eating non carb evening meals. I remember going through ketosis on LLL and felt amazing! after the first week of headaches and stomach grumbles I felt I had so much more energy and felt great! Just keep up with it that's all I can say! Cant wait to get more porridge through the post! xx
firstly hi, you can do especially if you stick to plan.
I am on day 2 and the dreaded headache started already today.
Did 7 miles on bike today and that seems to have helped me push through it.
Here's to a headache free day tomorrow lol xx

<slopes back in shamefaced>

Hi everyone, it has been tough since my ill-fated attempt at Exante in January and I've muddled along with a mix of Slimming World and fast days using the last of my Exante products. I was 15st exactly on 1st January and I've been bobbing around between 14st 6lbs and 14st 10lbs for a few weeks so at least I'm not bigger than I was. However, I feel like I've thrown three whole months down the toilet. I'm now three whole months closer to my big holiday and I still look like a potato. Ho hum.

I've been low carbing for two days to ease myself in, which I think is where I went wrong last time (see weepy, angst-ridden posts earlier in this diary for details!) as I started straight off the back of the Christmas break and trying to detox that amount of sugar cold turkey on 600kcal a day was just awful. I've kept my carbs under 60g for two days, I felt very headachy at bedtime last night so I'm hoping for a smoother transition.

I've been reading all of your diaries even when I've not been doing the plan, it's nice to see everyone's progress.

So this restart isn't going well at all. I managed to low carb for a few days until my shakes arrived on Wednesday afternoon and then I met up with my best friend for the first time since August on Thursday. We went for lunch and I picked somewhere that I could have a salad but of course we both got pizza and then we went to a tea room where I had two caramel lattes and a scone that was dry, crumbly and horrible but I still ate it? :confused:

Friday I had great plans and I had my chocolate shake before my doctors appointment where I was scheduled for a fairly invasive procedure. Sadly it didn't go to plan and I ended up fainting, vomiting four times and crying so I wasn't allowed to leave the surgery for over an hour. I felt horribly shaken and queasy so ended up in McDonalds for some food and a coke. I was upset and ate all day.

Yesterday I did well until dinner time when my fiancé started craving pizza. Of course we ordered it AND he grabbed chocolate and cookies while walking the dog :cry:

I've been so weak willed this whole week, I always regret taking time off work because I become so lazy and greedy. My insomnia has been even worse than usual because I'm out of my routine and I feel so out of sorts - like a fart on a windy day, excuse the expression! Today is exactly one month until my 25th birthday and tomorrow will be day 1 of my 30 day challenge to lose a stone before then. I just need to wire my jaw shut first...

So, I finally managed to get a whole TS day under my belt! I had a chocolate shake at 11.30am, a bar at 3.30pm and a strawberry shake around 8pm (after making up maple syrup flavour pancakes and spitting it back onto the plate :9529:). Plain water is still a real challenge, it makes me feel so queasy but I've had 2L plus coke zero, a green tea and a bovril. When I order next month's batch I'll add in some drink mixes to hopefully get more in.

Back