Feeling down :(

slimwannabe

Silver Member
Since my operation last nov my weight has been slowly creeping back up and I hate it. Feel like I have lost all control and food has become my enemy!
Ate my body weight last night washed down with a bottle of wine (I rarely drink)!
This morning this has tipped me into the next stone category and I am ashamed.

So today's the day I am hoping to change this once and for all. I have joined the march challenge and have enough packs to see me through this month but have a feeling I am going to need all the support I can get Xx

Since my operation last nov my weight has been slowly creeping back up and I hate it. Feel like I have lost all control and food has become my enemy! Ate my body weight last night washed down with a bottle of wine (I rarely drink)! This morning this has tipped me into the next stone category and I am ashamed. So today's the day I am hoping to change this once and for all. I have joined the march challenge and have enough packs to see me through this month but have a feeling I am going to need all the support I can get Xx

It's difficult to see the weight go back on, but don't beat yourself up! It can come off just as easily as it's gone on and you know that. The main point is that you are doing something about it now, hopefully you'll get a clear run at it and can start feeling better in yourself.

Please don't be upset though, we all struggle or we wouldn't be here!

You can and will achieve great weight loss in 2015. Just post here when you need to.

:)

Thank you Sheridan that really means a lot.
Day 1 - so far so good. Took my son swimming and were there for 2 1/2 hours in the pool!
Had a bar when we got out as my breakfast and am about to have a shake now for late lunch.
Got the carbonara at the ready for dinner later.

Feel shattered but have kept myself going so hopefully will be day 1 accomplished! Xx

Day 2 - so another good day all in all. Really wanted to nibble on a slice of ham earlier but was frozen so couldn't. Just had my shake instead :)
My daughter and her friend have started a kids cycle class for 30mins each mon so used my waiting time on a bike myself and managed to do 7miles. Not much but better than nothing I suppose.

Tomorrow is gym induction day, wish me luck xx

Heya I just replied to your other post, omg a bottle of wiiinnne, aaargh am sort of jealous! Were u hungover?! Really don't feel bad at yourself, everyone has bumps in the road, as long as your head is facing the the right direction that's what matters, u will get there :) I lost 8st on the cambridge diet bit by bit a few years ago & kept it off (until I got pregnant last year & gained 4st!) but had my share of bumps along the way! Ur doing amazing with exercise aswell, 7 miles on 600 cals - wish I could make myself do that, u deffo burned off the vino, heheh, I'm using the low calories as a total excuse NOT to exersize yet, haha :) x

Heya I just replied to your other post, omg a bottle of wiiinnne, aaargh am sort of jealous! Were u hungover?! Really don't feel bad at yourself, everyone has bumps in the road, as long as your head is facing the the right direction that's what matters, u will get there :) I lost 8st on the cambridge diet bit by bit a few years ago & kept it off (until I got pregnant last year & gained 4st!) but had my share of bumps along the way! Ur doing amazing with exercise aswell, 7 miles on 600 cals - wish I could make myself do that, u deffo burned off the vino, heheh, I'm using the low calories as a total excuse NOT to exersize yet, haha :) x
thanks lottie, well a bottle minus one glass as my son knocked it over!! I don't normally drink but was feeling sorry for myself, bored, hubby was out so had all the excuses I needed really. But no hangover thankfully :)
I have also lost 5 at on Cambridge before some years ago but then fell ill and gained most of it.
7 miles equated to just over 200 calories so plenty left lol
Am off for gym induction today, really want to get toning the flab as it's great losing the weight but the loose skin is not so great!

At my heaviest I was 17.10 so have come a long way but really want to get the last bit of it off now and for good xx

Day 3 - (yesterday)
Ok so good day. Trying to use up shakes I don't like in work, mint choc and toffee and caramel yuck!
Everyone moans when I have mint choc as it smells like damp dog/wet carpets lol. But definitely tastes better than the toffee and caramel (actually gagged with this one yesterday)
Only 3 left as hate waste!!!

Had vanilla shake with some coffee for lunch, then had my gym induction last night and am looking forward to putting that into action tomorrow morning.
Carbonara for tea when I got home.
Plenty of water and a getter nights sleep :)

Feeling ok so far lol xx

Keep up the good work slimwannabe, it's hard but it really does get easier and this is from one who is always ravenous!!!!

I am on day 12 and have lost 12lbs so far so am delighted.

How do you make the carbonara edible?

I followed the instructions on the packet but it came out like soup and the pasta was hard. Yuk.

I also find it a bit of a struggle drinking so much water but am forcing myself....any tips?

Keep up the good work slimwannabe, it's hard but it really does get easier and this is from one who is always ravenous!!!! I am on day 12 and have lost 12lbs so far so am delighted. How do you make the carbonara edible? I followed the instructions on the packet but it came out like soup and the pasta was hard. Yuk. I also find it a bit of a struggle drinking so much water but am forcing myself....any tips?
hi slim4life61
I started out today feeling so positive and now quite the opposite. Feel so tired all of a sudden and just down generally.
Hubby isn't due home till late this eve and hate being on my own as that's when I get bored as eat!! So am gonna pick kids up and take them to see their great nan instead for a bit as should kill some time.
Does mean however that I will have to do tea this eve.....must stay strong lol
Carbonara- well no method really, I don't follow packet instructions as find it too thick so I use one of the kids plastic bowls (like the ones that were free with Kellogg's) fill nearly half full with boiled water from kettle, nuke it for 30 secs. Stir and leave for 30 secs then nuke again for 30 secs (Have to keep an eye on it as may overflow) stir and eat. I find this perfect consistency as I like it a bit more runny and pasta is cooked!
Is quite salty at first but I have got used to it now and actually enjoy it.

Now the water isn't a problem for me as I love water and drink gallons anyway bit you could try some of the water flavouring exante do? I don't like them though as are very sweet.

Well done on your 12lbs, pound a day is fab results.
Think the last time I did a month ts I lost 17lbs altogether so anything above 12lbs this time for me will be a bonus xx

Ok so feel like I've completely messed up today.
Have been to the gym for 1.5 hrs then 45mins in the spa area.
Just showered and what not but am completely shaky and forgot to grab a bar or shake. Not able to drive as feel quite sick despite all the water I'm glugging.
So have got myself a coffee and a chicken Caesar salad minus croutons.
Lesson learnt to be more prepared on gym days so I don't have to rely on food.

Not really sure what the score is with exercising and ts'ing but think I am going to have to play it by ear maybe? Xx

Hey! Aw don't beat yourself up about it just stick to the plan for the rest of the day & maybe swap the chicken salad for one of your diet packs? It shouldn't make much difference cos you're still carb free.
I'm always ravenous after gym/swimming & steam rooms or saunas, deffo a lesson to be prepared next time :) Also if u take a shake 2 have straight after u exersize it'll feed & replenish your muscles, they say to have protien straight after exercise anyway. I read they recommend 20 mins of light exercise like walking on TS... i'm gna stick to that til I add food cos I know i'd feel exactly the same as u do. Really think u should have some extra food if ur doing that much exercise like a total solution plus or simple solution on the days you gym it, is a big strain on your body. So don't feel like u failed today think u probly did the right thing on a gym bunny day!x

Hey! Aw don't beat yourself up about it just stick to the plan for the rest of the day & maybe swap the chicken salad for one of your diet packs? It shouldn't make much difference cos you're still carb free. I'm always ravenous after gym/swimming & steam rooms or saunas, deffo a lesson to be prepared next time :) Also if u take a shake 2 have straight after u exersize it'll feed & replenish your muscles, they say to have protien straight after exercise anyway. I read they recommend 20 mins of light exercise like walking on TS... i'm gna stick to that til I add food cos I know i'd feel exactly the same as u do. Really think u should have some extra food if ur doing that much exercise like a total solution plus or simple solution on the days you gym it, is a big strain on your body. So don't feel like u failed today think u probly did the right thing on a gym bunny day!x
thank you lottie.
Starting to feel a bit better now. 3x grilled chicken strips, cos lettuce and a bit of Caesar dressing and shavings of Parmesan. Hoping te damage isn't too bad. Still got till sun for 1st weeks wi so we shall see.

Will defo be prepared with a bar next thurs just completely forgot this morning what with school run etc.
Will just have 1/2 shakes for today now, will see how I feel.
Am possibly doing a cycle class tomorrow but is in the eve so will have had at least 2 shakes and can have my carbonara as soon as I get home!

Shattered that's for sure lol xx

Thanks for your reply slimwannabe
Going to order some carbonara and see how I go.
I don't think a chicken caesar salad will do much damage at all, hope you enjoyed it or are you like me where you feel guilty for eating?!!!!!!!!
Keep it up and stay strong.
I'm overdosing on green tea at the moment and starting to like it......makes a change from all the water.
Hope you had a good day

My carborana turns out like bits of hard straw in water, i can never get the pasta to go soft!
You'll be fine for your weigh-in i'm sure :) Slim4life I totally feel guilty for eating, even if it's part of the plan I feel like i'm failing unless i'm ts-ing. I think it's just the way I am tho, all or nothing, no half measures haha. Green tea yuk yuk yuk, did u not like it at first? I drink about 3l of tetleys mix of green & black tea every day & it tastes exactly like normal tea. I struggle not to drink too much tbh it's hard to stop at 5l. Do u guys weigh weekly?x

Ohhhh wow I just read we can have salted caramel green tea! Sounds yum & another way to drink the green tea, yay :) i'm gonna buy a box tmo, hoping it's as nice as it sounds lol x

Thanks for your reply slimwannabe Going to order some carbonara and see how I go. I don't think a chicken caesar salad will do much damage at all, hope you enjoyed it or are you like me where you feel guilty for eating?!!!!!!!! Keep it up and stay strong. I'm overdosing on green tea at the moment and starting to like it......makes a change from all the water. Hope you had a good day
hey slim4life61 am hoping not but shall see on sun I suppose. And yes feeling rather guilty but it was heavenly lol.
Yuck on the green tea, tried to persevere with it before but just couldn't get used to it.
Just about to have a coffee as vanilla shake so only had the Caesar salad and one shake today then, hoping this will help if the salad has done any damage bumpy having only 1 shake today lol xx

My carborana turns out like bits of hard straw in water, i can never get the pasta to go soft! You'll be fine for your weigh-in i'm sure :) Slim4life I totally feel guilty for eating, even if it's part of the plan I feel like i'm failing unless i'm ts-ing. I think it's just the way I am tho, all or nothing, no half measures haha. Green tea yuk yuk yuk, did u not like it at first? I drink about 3l of tetleys mix of green & black tea every day & it tastes exactly like normal tea. I struggle not to drink too much tbh it's hard to stop at 5l. Do u guys weigh weekly?x
hi lottie
I've got carbonara off to a t now and love it.i am also generally an all or nothing especially when it comes to food which is why I've spent all day feeling guilty for the salad!
Never thought of the tetley half and half so might be worth a try. Do they do it in decaf?
Although I only drink 1 cup of tea a day in the morning and then have coffee and water for the rest of it.

I do generally weight weekly but do like to weigh daily for the 1st week as tends to get me through the hard bit xx

Nah I had a look & they don't do it in decaf. I need 2l of tea every morning to get me going, is funny cos I never ever tried black tea until I started on the 11th, love my normal tea so much I thought i'd hate it on principal, but discovered I love it more black! can't stomach black coffee though the only way I can drink it is with loads of milk & sugar... so it tastes like coffee cake... in a mug lol. I'm weighing every day, keeps me going seeing the numbers drop every day or two.
& don't worry I feel guilty about trying a food day yesterday so that makes two of us lol. Ah well onwards & downwards! What op did u have? If u dont mind me asking! My weight came back cos i managed 2 put on over 4 stone during my pregnancy! Then i had a csection so didnt bounce back very quickly, and was hoping to bresstfeed to get the weight off like i did with my others, but my milk stopped on one side when kai was 3 weeks old so i had to put him on bottles, & so the baby weight didnt shift! So i was fed up & ate more haha x

I breast fed all 3 of mine and the youngest for the longest and ended up fatter after him than his sisters! He fed constantly so don't think it helped I pretty much couldn't move for 9 months after having him lol
Have had something go wrong health wise pretty much every year since having him.
Had 3 burst discs in lower spine so 18 mths recovery and huge weight gain cause of drugs etc. Then lost 5st with Cambridge and had liver dysfunction and pancreatitis so gained weight again! This is when I got to my biggest weight of 17.10 :(
So eventually started exante and have been on and off it for a few years now but have pretty much maintained around a 2st weight loss each year so am getting there slowly lol

I had a upper hiatus hernia repair op Hun but turns out it wasn't a hernia!!! Open surgery for nothing.

Am having a scan on mon so hoping that might shows what hurts in my diaphragm but we shall see xx

Day 6- although only half way through just wanted to post I weighed the same this morn thankfully. Haven't had anything yet today as am waiting for my floors to dry so I can have my porridge lol Off to either do a spin class or gym workout this eve too so will report back tomorrow now. Hope everyone else is doing ok and are well xxx

Just a quick update- so did the spin class and am amazed I lasted for the whole duration (45mins) without stopping!
Am hurting in places I didn't know existed though but have rebooked for next week.
As they say no pain, no gain xx

Last edited:
Back