are antibiotics ok on TS?

lottie_2015

Just got back from the dentist with amoxycillin for this tooth abscess, it says to take one every 8 hours with food, guessing it'll be ok with a shake as the shakes are food really? thing is i dont have a shake every 8 hours really, usually about 9.30, 1ish & 8pm. Would it hurt not to take them with food? i guess if i really should i could split my packs for the next 5 days x

You could end up with a really sore stomach if you don't take them with food. Honestly, I would just eat this week because your body can't fight the infection properly on so few calories, it could end up dragging on for weeks if you don't nip it in the bud and follow the medication's instructions properly xo

I agree. Tablets of any kind on an unlined tummy worry me. There might be more info on the website or chat to an adviser on there :) x

Sick people with chest/urine infections take amoxicillin all the time and usually they're off their food, sometimes really sick in hospital and not eating anything. Amox is one of he main abx used in community pneumonia. I dont think antibiotics are such a problem its more steroids and anti-inflam painkillers that destroy stomach lining. Even so, if your sick and feel up to eating i'd just eat. Dont mess with infections they take precedence over a few pounds weight loss any day.

I'm taking amoxycilin for an ear infection right now. I asked the chemist if I had been put on another 5 day course because I was opening the capsules and swallowing (hate swallowing) and he said it won't have any affect. So long as the drugs are in your body, the stomach acid won't damage the antibiotic at all, which leads me to believe in your case, that if the antibiotic is stronger than stomach acid (and stomach acid is bloody strong stuff) then you likely want something other than a shake in you.

Back