Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Starting my Exante journey

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    7th January, 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: January 4th 2014

    Starting my Exante journey

    Hello everyone,

    I have been a lurker on the forum for quite some time but decided to take the plunge and start Exante on Saturday, so thought I would join for support and to document my progress. I have struggled with my weight since childhood and I have always been overweight but after ballooning to 17st in little over a year I decided enough was enough and I had to make a change. I had no idea I was getting myself in to such a state but I had just moved out and didn't think buying mirrors or scales were a priority, how wrong was I? And then the lazy eating habits kicked in.

    I started Atkins and lost 5st in about 7 months, but after losing this weight I stalled and have maintained that same weight for a year and a half now. I am happy to have maintained for so long and to have gotten to the stage I am now, but I am still larger than I would like to be and NEED to reach my goal.

    I purchased a 4 week mixed bumper pack and it arrived on Friday evening so I started Exante on Saturday. I have been enjoying it so far, I like all of the soups, love the bars and the shakes aren't bad either. I am looking forward to trying the meals and soups next month.

    I would love to fit into a size 10 or 12 for the first time in my life.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    jellybellies's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th January, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    1
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 06th Jan 14
    Start Weight: 22st4lb
    Current Weight: 20st4lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: christmas 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 48.9
    Current BMI: 44.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st0lb
    Weight to Lose: 8st4lb
    % Lost 8.97%
    Hi, I'm new to the site too, altho not new to vlcds. massive congratulations on your already great loss with atkins, and its great you;ve managed to maintain for so long! Your so close to your target, is losing this last bit proving rather difficult?
    In your bumper pack have they got the new exante bars? I absolutely detest their old bars but haven't yet tried the new ones, but they look and sound from the description alot like the cambridge diet bars which i liked. wondering if you have tried or enjoyed them?

    Good luck with your journey anyway

  3. #3
    Member

    Join Date
    7th January, 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: January 4th 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybellies View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the site too, altho not new to vlcds. massive congratulations on your already great loss with atkins, and its great you;ve managed to maintain for so long! Your so close to your target, is losing this last bit proving rather difficult?
    In your bumper pack have they got the new exante bars? I absolutely detest their old bars but haven't yet tried the new ones, but they look and sound from the description alot like the cambridge diet bars which i liked. wondering if you have tried or enjoyed them?

    Good luck with your journey anyway
    Thank you. Yeah, losing the last bit has been very hard, it just wasn't happening so I was getting disheartened and I realised that I had to step in and do something before I gave up and put on weight again. I'm not sure if they are the new or old versions, I guess they would be new? But I seem to be in the minority with the fact that I love them and the soups anyway lol.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    jellybellies's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th January, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    1
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 06th Jan 14
    Start Weight: 22st4lb
    Current Weight: 20st4lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: christmas 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 48.9
    Current BMI: 44.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st0lb
    Weight to Lose: 8st4lb
    % Lost 8.97%
    the new ones are the yoghurt covered one n the double choc one?
    I don't mind the products either really, they aren't the worst tasting.
    oh apart from the older bars yuck!
    It's good that you stepped in before sliding back down the slippery slope, unlike me who let it get out of control again after having done so well for a few yrs before, it's far too easy to gain weight if you're not paying attention.
    Good luck for day 1 tomorrow



    wk 1 - 13lbs
    wk2 - 4lbs

    wk3 - 5lbs
    wk4 - 6lbs


    Goal 1. Do a week 100% Done
    Goal 2. lose a stone ​Done
    Goal 3. do a month 100% Done
    Goal 4. lose 2nd stone Done

  5. #5
    Time to crack on! :)
    Samprand's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th March, 2011
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    83
    Diet: Exante TS / T+ S
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: January 8th 2014
    Start Weight: 19st0lb
    Current Weight: 19st0lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: ...some point


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 48.6
    Current BMI: 48.6
    Goal BMI: 23


    Statistics:
    Weight to Lose: 10st0lb
    % Lost 0%
    Best of luck to you both, TurnOnTheLight I hope you find Exante easy to slip in to, jellybellies how long have you been on Exante for? I'm currently on Day 3, finally got past the first day after numerous attempts, although I had previously tried Exante for the first time 2 years ago and lost 17lbs in 2 weeks so I'm hoping for a similar quick loss to keep me motivated
    My BIIIIG goal : To reach 9 stone (126 lbs)

    I will make the EFFORT not an EXCUSE!

    No matter what is influencing me, it is still my hand
    that puts the food into my mouth
    January Challenge - 0 / 14lbs January Exercise Challenge - 0 / 10 hours 50 Day Challenge - 2 / 50
    100lb Loss in 2014 Challenge - 0 / 100lbs

    Start weight - 19st



  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    7th January, 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: January 4th 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybellies View Post
    the new ones are the yoghurt covered one n the double choc one?
    I don't mind the products either really, they aren't the worst tasting.
    oh apart from the older bars yuck!
    It's good that you stepped in before sliding back down the slippery slope, unlike me who let it get out of control again after having done so well for a few yrs before, it's far too easy to gain weight if you're not paying attention.
    Good luck for day 1 tomorrow
    It is the old ones then but I am not that fussy with food anymore so that could be why I like them. I think the choc orange is gorgeous but if the new bars are even better then I cant wait to try them. Well done on taking the all important steps to making a change and good luck, you can do it!

  7. #7
    Member

    Join Date
    7th January, 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: January 4th 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Samprand View Post
    Best of luck to you both, TurnOnTheLight I hope you find Exante easy to slip in to, jellybellies how long have you been on Exante for? I'm currently on Day 3, finally got past the first day after numerous attempts, although I had previously tried Exante for the first time 2 years ago and lost 17lbs in 2 weeks so I'm hoping for a similar quick loss to keep me motivated
    Thank you Samprand, good luck to you too!

    I weighed myself a day earlier than planned and I have lost just over 10lbs in 6 days. Really pleased!

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    7th January, 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: January 4th 2014
    Forgot to mention, it's also my TOTM so I'm especially impressed!

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    7th January, 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: January 4th 2014
    How is everyone else doing?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    jellybellies's Avatar
    Join Date
    8th January, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    1
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Date: 06th Jan 14
    Start Weight: 22st4lb
    Current Weight: 20st4lb
    Goal Weight: 12st0lb
    Goal Date: christmas 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 48.9
    Current BMI: 44.5
    Goal BMI: 26.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st0lb
    Weight to Lose: 8st4lb
    % Lost 8.97%
    sorry i lost this thread! just figured out i can click on subscribed threads to find them more easily!! sorry thickest user award is mine today haha

    Samprand i've been on 2 wks this time, i did exante diet 6 yrs ago and lost 7st in 6 months, maintained for a few yrs crept up to 16st then decided before i lost the weight for good i'd better complete my family, cos i'm such a greedy piggy when pregnant, so had two babies in the last 2 yrs so been back on 2wks with a huuuuge journey ahead of me now.
    I've tried a couple of times in the last 6 months to get back on the diet but couldn't do, I reckon you have to be in the right mindset, get in the zone then you're well away.

    Turnonthelight thats a great loss already, i bet its even more now too!

    Still 100% here despite a planned day off for hubbys 40th somehow gained 5lb that day even tho i was careful! but weighed today and i've lost the 5 and another 2lbs besides happy days!

    How are you getting on?



    wk 1 - 13lbs
    wk2 - 4lbs

    wk3 - 5lbs
    wk4 - 6lbs


    Goal 1. Do a week 100% Done
    Goal 2. lose a stone ​Done
    Goal 3. do a month 100% Done
    Goal 4. lose 2nd stone Done





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.