Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Getting Started

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    29th April, 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Getting Started

    Hi,

    I am about to start Exante for the first time.

    I am 26 and have had issues with my weight since I was about 18 with it slowly creeping up. I am currently about 13st which is the heaviest I have ever been. It's too heavy for my 5ft 4in frame and my BMI is in the obese category, even my Wii Fit has me down as obese.

    I am about a Size 14/16 dress size, more of a 16 these days.

    I am looking to get down to a Size 12 and around 10st6.0lb/11st.

    In the past I have tried SlimFast, Herbalife, Celebrity Slim and Weightwatchers. SlimFast didn't agree with me, Herbalife made me feel sick and I didn't like the taste of Celebrity Slim. With WW I got bored of counting points. So here I am with Exante.

    Exante's pricing seems far more acceptable than others, I have stocked up with a GPon deal, 1 offers and the 10 for 10 deals so I have enough to last me about five weeks and only paid around 50 for all that.

    I haven't started Exante yet as I haven't been well and am on antibiotics but am hoping to start sometime this week.

    I have been reading the forums and stickies so I hope I am prepared!
    Weight as at 29 April 2014 - 13st0lb and Size 14/16

    Target - fit into Size 12 and weigh around 10st6.0lb/11st

  2. #2
    A woman on a mission!
    Darcy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th July, 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    4,518
    Rep Power
    103
    Diet: Exante Total Solution
    Height: 5ft0in
    Start Date: 01.01.14
    Start Weight: 19st4lb
    Current Weight: 16st5lb
    Goal Weight: 8st4lb
    Goal Date: Christmas 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 52.7
    Current BMI: 44.7
    Goal BMI: 22.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st13lb
    Weight to Lose: 8st1lb
    % Lost 15.19%
    Hello and welcome





    Darcy








  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Nessa1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th April, 2014
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    1
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 29/04/2014
    Start Weight: 16st10.2lb
    Current Weight: 16st2.6lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 39
    Current BMI: 37.7
    Goal BMI: 22.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7.6lb
    Weight to Lose: 6st9.6lb
    % Lost 3.25%
    I totally agree with you I tried celebrity slim and didn't like the taste either. Exante isn't too bad actually I have done my first day today and really enjoyed it, although it has been a challenge . Good luck

  4. #4
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    29th April, 2014
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    11
    Height: 5ft8in
    Start Date: 21 April 14
    Start Weight: 12st13lb
    Current Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 27.5
    Current BMI: 21.3
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st13lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st7lb
    % Lost 22.65%
    Hi, I'm finished week one.
    Good luck, once you get by the first few days its a bit easier.
    Not easy, just easier lol!

  5. #5
    Im always here!
    half century

    x-Katie-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th January, 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    6,464
    Rep Power
    213
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft1.6in
    Start Date: 06/01/14
    Start Weight: 17st7lb
    Current Weight: 12st3lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: Christmas 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.4
    Current BMI: 31.7
    Goal BMI: 23.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 3st3lb
    % Lost 30.2%
    Hi and welcome, just a bit of advice - some people get a bad headache the first few days before getting into ketosis and it's believed that this may be because of carb withdrawal. If you can cut down on carbs over the next few days prior to starting Exante you might find that helps










    All losses since restarting Exante 06/01/14
    Into the 16's - done 13/01/14
    To 15st 13lbs - done 08/02/14
    In size 18 Next jeans - done 23/02/14
    To 14st 13lbs - done 03/03/14
    Into size 16 Next jeans - done 15/04/14
    To 13st 13lbs - done
    To 13st 9lbs (move into class 1 obese on my spreadsheet) - done

    To 13st 3lbs (over half way to goal!) - 10/05/14
    To 12st 13lbs - done 15/05/14
    To 12st 12lbs (lowest weight in ?24? years) - done 18/05/14
    To 12st 7lbs (5 stone loss) - done 28/05/14
    To get to 12st 6lbs - done 02/06/14
    Into size 14 Next jeans - done 27/05/14
    To get to 11st 13lbs
    To get to 11st 6lbs (no longer obese - overweight)

    The Final Leg Restart 08/07/14 - 13st 6lb

    Week 1 -13lb
    Week 2 - 4lb
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9






  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    29th April, 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    So, I started Exante on Thursday. I had a black coffee for breakfast and didn't have my first pack (banana shake) until about 12.30pm as I don't tend to eat breakfast.

    I had the shake, it was ok - didn't really taste like banana but was drinkable. I then went out for a wander around town. By the time I got back to my desk around 1.30pm, I was not feeling good at all. I felt physically sick. I had a meeting at 3pm so just tried to focus on my work until then. I went to my meeting but to be honest it could have been about anything as I was just focussing on not being sick.

    After meeting went to loos and was sick, felt a little better but within half an hour the sick feeling was back. Went home and went straight to bed. The next day I was still feeling sick but not as bad.

    Today I feel ok, just have a headache.

    I have no idea what caused this but I was feeling fine until I had the shake. However the week before I tried a shake to see if I liked it and I didn't feel sick afterwards.

    Until Wednesday I had been on antibiotics and strong painkillers but I was feeling fine. The only thing I can think of is that I took the painkillers on essentially an empty stomach which didn't agree with me?

    Who knows but it was a bad start and I am now very apprehensive of starting again in case it was the shake that made me ill, very unlikely though. I don't think I will be having another banana shake again though as in my head it's linked to me feeling sick!

    Anyone else felt violently sick on Exante? Like I said I am sure it wasn't that but it was an experience I don't wish to repeat
    Weight as at 29 April 2014 - 13st0lb and Size 14/16

    Target - fit into Size 12 and weigh around 10st6.0lb/11st

  7. #7
    Criminology Student
    SheridanLM91's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th August, 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Posts
    398
    Rep Power
    4
    Diet: Exante TS
    Height: 5ft3in
    Start Date: 02/05/2014
    Start Weight: 14st10lb
    Current Weight: 13st5.1lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Date: 12/2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.5
    Current BMI: 33.1
    Goal BMI: 24.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st4.9lb
    Weight to Lose: 3st5.1lb
    % Lost 9.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBlue View Post
    So, I started Exante on Thursday. I had a black coffee for breakfast and didn't have my first pack (banana shake) until about 12.30pm as I don't tend to eat breakfast. I had the shake, it was ok - didn't really taste like banana but was drinkable. I then went out for a wander around town. By the time I got back to my desk around 1.30pm, I was not feeling good at all. I felt physically sick. I had a meeting at 3pm so just tried to focus on my work until then. I went to my meeting but to be honest it could have been about anything as I was just focussing on not being sick. After meeting went to loos and was sick, felt a little better but within half an hour the sick feeling was back. Went home and went straight to bed. The next day I was still feeling sick but not as bad. Today I feel ok, just have a headache. I have no idea what caused this but I was feeling fine until I had the shake. However the week before I tried a shake to see if I liked it and I didn't feel sick afterwards. Until Wednesday I had been on antibiotics and strong painkillers but I was feeling fine. The only thing I can think of is that I took the painkillers on essentially an empty stomach which didn't agree with me? Who knows but it was a bad start and I am now very apprehensive of starting again in case it was the shake that made me ill, very unlikely though. I don't think I will be having another banana shake again though as in my head it's linked to me feeling sick! Anyone else felt violently sick on Exante? Like I said I am sure it wasn't that but it was an experience I don't wish to repeat

    Hi there! Sorry to hear that you were so ill! Glad to hear it's okay so far today. I think you are right that it was likely your medication that made you ill and not the shakes but it can be hard to drink them if it has happened straight after. The last time I attempted Exante I felt incredibly sick within the first two days so much so that I decided to give up! But that's only happened the once and I put it down to perhaps being ill or my body adjusting as I have a really poor diet in fairness. The only problem I've noticed consistently with Exante is that it causes me to start a period almost straight away when I'm on it but that normally disappears after a few days. I hope you have a good day and that you keep well.

    SW: 14st 10lb (02/05/2014)
    GW: 13st 3lb (By 06/06/2014)

    Week 1 - (-9.2lb)

    Week 2 - (-3.3lb)

    Week 3 - (-3.7lb)

    Week 4 - (-2.0lb)

    Week 5 -

    June 6th 2014 - WEDDING DAY!









    Mini Goals

    Do 1 week 100%

    Lose 14lb (1st)

    Do 2 weeks 100%

    Reach Wedding Weight Goal Loss of 1st7lb (13st3lb)
    Lose 24lbs (1st 10lb)
    Do 3 weeks 100%

    Lose 28lbs (2st)
    Do 4 weeks 100%
    Get a BMI score of below 30 (12st 1lb)


  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    29th April, 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SheridanLM91 View Post
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that you were so ill! Glad to hear it's okay so far today. I think you are right that it was likely your medication that made you ill and not the shakes but it can be hard to drink them if it has happened straight after. The last time I attempted Exante I felt incredibly sick within the first two days so much so that I decided to give up! But that's only happened the once and I put it down to perhaps being ill or my body adjusting as I have a really poor diet in fairness. The only problem I've noticed consistently with Exante is that it causes me to start a period almost straight away when I'm on it but that normally disappears after a few days. I hope you have a good day and that you keep well.
    Thanks. I am going to give it a few days and try again. At the moment I don't think I could stomach a shake as in my head it's connected to being sick even though I don't think it was the cause!

    Maybe when I start again I will have a shake earlier rather than waiting so long
    Weight as at 29 April 2014 - 13st0lb and Size 14/16

    Target - fit into Size 12 and weigh around 10st6.0lb/11st

  9. #9
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    1st January, 2010
    Location
    Co Clare, Ireland
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    17
    Diet: exante - working solution
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: Jan 06th, 2012
    Start Weight: 12st7lb
    Current Weight: 10st12lb
    Goal Weight: 9st7lb
    Goal Date: April 2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30
    Current BMI: 26.1
    Goal BMI: 22.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st9lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st5lb
    % Lost 13.14%
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBlue View Post
    Thanks. I am going to give it a few days and try again. At the moment I don't think I could stomach a shake as in my head it's connected to being sick even though I don't think it was the cause!

    Maybe when I start again I will have a shake earlier rather than waiting so long
    For this reason, I am doing working solution so that I can have salad or omelette in the evenings. I dont mind as long as i love 1-2lbs per week. anything extra is a bonus. I have just ordered the bumper pack of bars.

    Good luck with it, Ladies. I am starting next wednesday when they arrive.

  10. #10
    Im always here!
    half century

    x-Katie-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th January, 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    6,464
    Rep Power
    213
    Diet: Exante
    Height: 5ft1.6in
    Start Date: 06/01/14
    Start Weight: 17st7lb
    Current Weight: 12st3lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: Christmas 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 45.4
    Current BMI: 31.7
    Goal BMI: 23.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 3st3lb
    % Lost 30.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBlue View Post
    So, I started Exante on Thursday. I had a black coffee for breakfast and didn't have my first pack (banana shake) until about 12.30pm as I don't tend to eat breakfast.

    I had the shake, it was ok - didn't really taste like banana but was drinkable. I then went out for a wander around town. By the time I got back to my desk around 1.30pm, I was not feeling good at all. I felt physically sick. I had a meeting at 3pm so just tried to focus on my work until then. I went to my meeting but to be honest it could have been about anything as I was just focussing on not being sick.

    After meeting went to loos and was sick, felt a little better but within half an hour the sick feeling was back. Went home and went straight to bed. The next day I was still feeling sick but not as bad.

    Today I feel ok, just have a headache.

    I have no idea what caused this but I was feeling fine until I had the shake. However the week before I tried a shake to see if I liked it and I didn't feel sick afterwards.

    Until Wednesday I had been on antibiotics and strong painkillers but I was feeling fine. The only thing I can think of is that I took the painkillers on essentially an empty stomach which didn't agree with me?

    Who knows but it was a bad start and I am now very apprehensive of starting again in case it was the shake that made me ill, very unlikely though. I don't think I will be having another banana shake again though as in my head it's linked to me feeling sick!

    Anyone else felt violently sick on Exante? Like I said I am sure it wasn't that but it was an experience I don't wish to repeat
    No I've never been sick off any of the products - if you've got banana shakes left and don't feel you can stomach them then you could try making it into a hot custard using less water or make muffins out of them --- I've never made the muffins but if you do a search on here you'll find the recipe/method.

    Well done for sticking with it










    All losses since restarting Exante 06/01/14
    Into the 16's - done 13/01/14
    To 15st 13lbs - done 08/02/14
    In size 18 Next jeans - done 23/02/14
    To 14st 13lbs - done 03/03/14
    Into size 16 Next jeans - done 15/04/14
    To 13st 13lbs - done
    To 13st 9lbs (move into class 1 obese on my spreadsheet) - done

    To 13st 3lbs (over half way to goal!) - 10/05/14
    To 12st 13lbs - done 15/05/14
    To 12st 12lbs (lowest weight in ?24? years) - done 18/05/14
    To 12st 7lbs (5 stone loss) - done 28/05/14
    To get to 12st 6lbs - done 02/06/14
    Into size 14 Next jeans - done 27/05/14
    To get to 11st 13lbs
    To get to 11st 6lbs (no longer obese - overweight)

    The Final Leg Restart 08/07/14 - 13st 6lb

    Week 1 -13lb
    Week 2 - 4lb
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9










Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.