Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Starting Phase One Today

  1. #16
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Thanks guys. I am just really not sure that this is doing anything for me with the whole weight loss thing! I have actually only lost 1lb in a week and my body fat has gone up again to 31.1%. The only thing that I think I have been doing 'wrong' I have just realised is that I haven't really been eating my quota of rice, but surely that should be a good thing rather than bad??

    I have now introduced dairy, but as I said, it is minimal anyway, but I honestly at the moment feel like I may as well be stuffing my face with chocolate like I was before as it seems to make no difference at all! Yes, I am feeling better in myself but I feel that this is the lack of wheat mostly - and I didn't eat very much processed food in the first place (I am a bit of an organic, ethical meat eater which limits your choices with processed food anyway!) so really the main changes in my diet are no bread and sugar. I will carry on for another week and see how I go and I won't weigh myself I have decided until Monday and hope that something has happened by then! I understand that weight fluctuates, but actually having weighed myself a lot, I can see it is fluctuating, but it has only fluctuated between 11st13 and 12st2 - and the last 2 days between 12st and 12st2! And seeing as I actually started at 12st1 it is a little disheartening as you can imagine!

    Good news is that things are better the other end this morning

    Sorry having a bit of a moan aren't I?! Anything to avoid submitting my tax return today!!
    Yuck to tax return. Stick with it, there really is no healthier way of eating and that will bring the benefits eventually you just need to wait x
    Just aiming to be happy


  2. #17
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Thanks RKM. It really is valuable having a little bit of support to keep you motivated!

    I am actually coping really well with eating more healthily (although I suppose I am not necessarily following all the Harcombe rules exactly). It has now been 8 days that I haven't had any chocolate or cake which is an absolute miracle (I did actually buy some Green and Blacks 85%, but tried one square and it was revolting so is still sat in the fridge!). I have actually got even better about going into shops and just ignoring the chocolate, although I did nearly cave when I nipped in to a baker's the other day to get some lunch (which was a tuna salad btw ) and they had beautiful homemade cakes that I never in a million years would have been able to resist 2 weeks ago! But it is surprising how good it actually makes you feel when you walk out the door, salad in hand... and no cake! I almost feel a bit too righteous and hope I don't start looking down my nose at people who don't eat 'proper' food .

    So, suffice to say that I am feeling much more positive today - I have really noticed a massive difference in my appetite, as in I had to actually almost force myself to eat 3 meals yesterday and they were only small ones. So for example, all I had yesterday was 2 thin rashers of bacon, 2 eggs (yolks only) and 2 small tomatoes for breakfast; bolognese (homemade, so minced beef, onion, red peppers, tinned tomatoes and herbs) for lunch and dinner - no rice or anything and they were only small portions which were a struggle to eat! Oh and yesterday my OH sat next to me eating a fresh french stick covered in butter (which is another one of my weaknesses) and I actually wasn't that fussed by it at all, after the initial 30 seconds of this . I definitely have a lot more energy (which is something I struggle with because of my underactive thyroid anyway) so that is a real bonus, particularly as I am so busy with work at the moment (tax return done, but VAT return still to do this week ).

    So, I am really interested to see what the scales say on Monday and see if they reflect how I feel! I am pretty sure my love handles have gone down a bit, but that may be wishful thinking!

  3. #18
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Thanks RKM. It really is valuable having a little bit of support to keep you motivated!

    I am actually coping really well with eating more healthily (although I suppose I am not necessarily following all the Harcombe rules exactly). It has now been 8 days that I haven't had any chocolate or cake which is an absolute miracle (I did actually buy some Green and Blacks 85%, but tried one square and it was revolting so is still sat in the fridge!). I have actually got even better about going into shops and just ignoring the chocolate, although I did nearly cave when I nipped in to a baker's the other day to get some lunch (which was a tuna salad btw ) and they had beautiful homemade cakes that I never in a million years would have been able to resist 2 weeks ago! But it is surprising how good it actually makes you feel when you walk out the door, salad in hand... and no cake! I almost feel a bit too righteous and hope I don't start looking down my nose at people who don't eat 'proper' food .

    So, suffice to say that I am feeling much more positive today - I have really noticed a massive difference in my appetite, as in I had to actually almost force myself to eat 3 meals yesterday and they were only small ones. So for example, all I had yesterday was 2 thin rashers of bacon, 2 eggs (yolks only) and 2 small tomatoes for breakfast; bolognese (homemade, so minced beef, onion, red peppers, tinned tomatoes and herbs) for lunch and dinner - no rice or anything and they were only small portions which were a struggle to eat! Oh and yesterday my OH sat next to me eating a fresh french stick covered in butter (which is another one of my weaknesses) and I actually wasn't that fussed by it at all, after the initial 30 seconds of this . I definitely have a lot more energy (which is something I struggle with because of my underactive thyroid anyway) so that is a real bonus, particularly as I am so busy with work at the moment (tax return done, but VAT return still to do this week ).

    So, I am really interested to see what the scales say on Monday and see if they reflect how I feel! I am pretty sure my love handles have gone down a bit, but that may be wishful thinking!
    Dark choc should be at room temp. But it's funny how quickly your tastes will change!! Well done though it sounds like you're doing great! What do you mean when you say you're not following the rules exactly? Don't force yourself to eat Hun, think its quite common for some people to only eat twice a day. Just eat when you're hungry! I've a big appetite so no way that would fill me up but if it works for you stick with it! And well done on resisting, the cravings definitely get easier the longer you resist!! Vat returns, joyous!! What work are you in then? Good luck for Monday, let me know how you get on x
    Just aiming to be happy


  4. #19
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Ha RKM - don't tell me that dark chocolate should be at room temperature... now I have taken it out the fridge and am looking forward to eating some at room temperature... and it is all your fault! I am sure I still won't like it though but I will give it a try just to be certain!

    Just nipped into my local M&S to buy some veg and my god that was hard - they were baking and all I could smell were their milk chocolate cookies which are one of my favourite things! And I hadn't had any breakfast so it was absolute agony but I did resist, came home and cooked myself a bit of brown rice, stir fry onions and courgette with some turmeric and cumin and a fried egg on top (although I only eat the yolk as it is definitely the whites that make me feel sick) - not quite the same as a milk chocolate cookie! I haven't been having much rice at all to be honest as it definitely makes me bloated which is interesting. Just having that little bit now, I feel pretty horrible so I think I am not going to have it again. I seem to be doing ok just with meat/fish and veg to be honest although I am a bit worried I should be eating a bit more variety than that. I have introduced some berries over the last couple of days and have just bought some more NLY as I reckon I can stomach it if I have it with some berries - not sure how that really works with the Harcombe but I think I am veering more towards the Low GL type diet now anyway and they are apparently zero GL so as long as they don't start any sweet cravings off then I figure I am ok - and they are full of goodness! I am also eating some dairy again, but just a little bit of organic cheese and skimmed milk in my one cup of tea a day as I am not really a dairy fan anyway so I definitely will never crave it.

    I don't think I have lost any weight though and won't be surprised if my scales say I am 12st tomorrow still to be honest (but I am feeling very fat right this second because I am bloated from the rice I suppose!). Anyway, we will see! I just hope it is worth it - I guess I am in a bit of turmoil because I am not that desperately overweight (although I definitely should be slimmer, no doubt about it, but I am tall so probably get away with it a bit better) and I have nearly always eaten tons of rubbish like chocolate and have, for example, stayed at just over 12st for the last couple of years - and that really is eating at least a couple of bars of chocolate a day! It is the lack of exercise now due to knee problems I think that is having the biggest effect - I can swim, but I don't have any spare hours in the day and to go swimming takes up a lot of time as ridiculous as it sounds - the pool is 15 mins drive away and I have long thick hair which needs to be dried, so to go swimming every other day or something would take up at least an hour and a half (if I am lucky) of my time. I am trying to sort my life out at the moment so I am not working so hard, but with debts to pay it is hard (and then of course you have to pay for the pool )... oh how I wish I had my own little indoor pool - I would be in heaven and probably nice and slim!!

    And in answer to your question about work, thankfully I am not an accountant or book keeper or anything I just do a bit of freelance work on the side doing some accounts, and then I had my own tax return to do which I do normally get done much sooner than the deadline but it didn't happen this year! How people do book keeping all year round I just have no idea!

  5. #20
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Well I have just weighed myself and I am 11st10 and body fat is 28.8% so there is definitely an improvement! Thank god for that! I am so so relieved that it is going in the right direction . I am going to weigh myself again on Friday and see how I am doing then :-)

  6. #21
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Ha RKM - don't tell me that dark chocolate should be at room temperature... now I have taken it out the fridge and am looking forward to eating some at room temperature... and it is all your fault! I am sure I still won't like it though but I will give it a try just to be certain!

    Just nipped into my local M&S to buy some veg and my god that was hard - they were baking and all I could smell were their milk chocolate cookies which are one of my favourite things! And I hadn't had any breakfast so it was absolute agony but I did resist, came home and cooked myself a bit of brown rice, stir fry onions and courgette with some turmeric and cumin and a fried egg on top (although I only eat the yolk as it is definitely the whites that make me feel sick) - not quite the same as a milk chocolate cookie! I haven't been having much rice at all to be honest as it definitely makes me bloated which is interesting. Just having that little bit now, I feel pretty horrible so I think I am not going to have it again. I seem to be doing ok just with meat/fish and veg to be honest although I am a bit worried I should be eating a bit more variety than that. I have introduced some berries over the last couple of days and have just bought some more NLY as I reckon I can stomach it if I have it with some berries - not sure how that really works with the Harcombe but I think I am veering more towards the Low GL type diet now anyway and they are apparently zero GL so as long as they don't start any sweet cravings off then I figure I am ok - and they are full of goodness! I am also eating some dairy again, but just a little bit of organic cheese and skimmed milk in my one cup of tea a day as I am not really a dairy fan anyway so I definitely will never crave it.

    I don't think I have lost any weight though and won't be surprised if my scales say I am 12st tomorrow still to be honest (but I am feeling very fat right this second because I am bloated from the rice I suppose!). Anyway, we will see! I just hope it is worth it - I guess I am in a bit of turmoil because I am not that desperately overweight (although I definitely should be slimmer, no doubt about it, but I am tall so probably get away with it a bit better) and I have nearly always eaten tons of rubbish like chocolate and have, for example, stayed at just over 12st for the last couple of years - and that really is eating at least a couple of bars of chocolate a day! It is the lack of exercise now due to knee problems I think that is having the biggest effect - I can swim, but I don't have any spare hours in the day and to go swimming takes up a lot of time as ridiculous as it sounds - the pool is 15 mins drive away and I have long thick hair which needs to be dried, so to go swimming every other day or something would take up at least an hour and a half (if I am lucky) of my time. I am trying to sort my life out at the moment so I am not working so hard, but with debts to pay it is hard (and then of course you have to pay for the pool )... oh how I wish I had my own little indoor pool - I would be in heaven and probably nice and slim!!

    And in answer to your question about work, thankfully I am not an accountant or book keeper or anything I just do a bit of freelance work on the side doing some accounts, and then I had my own tax return to do which I do normally get done much sooner than the deadline but it didn't happen this year! How people do book keeping all year round I just have no idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Well I have just weighed myself and I am 11st10 and body fat is 28.8% so there is definitely an improvement! Thank god for that! I am so so relieved that it is going in the right direction . I am going to weigh myself again on Friday and see how I am doing then :-)
    Excellent - well done!! Sounds like you def have an intolerance to rice though so i would knock that on the head! I understand what you're saying about the exercise - i have the same problem. It's not the hour in the gym or whatever, it's the hour around it to wash get there etc. But I am not beating myself up, i know that this plan will sort the weight out - then i can worry about toning when i'm there. I've not had a great weekend, been really binge weekend actually making kids cakes etc. But i am, as i said to myself i would be, back to a strict phase 1 today which started with porridge made with water and a bit of nly Low fat tho as i am not mixing this time. I have a chicken stirfry for lunch and will be having bolognaise with roasted BNS or celeriac chips for tea. I ordered the york blood intolerance test last week too so am hoping that comes soon, couple of weeks and i should definitely know what i'm intolerant to which will help. Keep up the good work xxx
    Just aiming to be happy


  7. #22
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Thanks!

    Although you had a bad weekend, it does sound like it was controlled to a certain extent, in the way that you knew you were going to be naughty and have all the tools ready to be good again today so I think that is acceptable ;-). Thankfully I don't have any kids, so it makes it easier to stay away from things like that, although I am making some blueberry muffins today! I am making them with soya flour, gorund almonds and xylitol though, so they will be gluten free and low GL sugar :-). I reckon I can handle it and if so, then they will be a handy lunch box snack for me as I am back to driving all over the place this week and that is when I get bored in the car and scoff my face! So, if I arm myself with a healthy muffin and my usual lunch box salad/cold meat I am hoping I can deal with it - and anyway that has got to be better than stopping at petrol stations and buying pies, crisps and chocolate ;-).

    I must say, I didn't think of doing BNS or Celeriac crisps - sounds like a great idea, so I shall be trying that when my veg box arrives on Weds - do you think they would last if I made some on Wed night for example and took them out with me on Thursday? I assume they would go soft quite quickly?

    Great idea to do the York Test - it is definitely something I want to get done, but just need to save up a bit as it is a little pricey isn't it?! I am sure it is worth every penny though. Will be interesting to hear your results :-)

  8. #23
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Thanks!

    Although you had a bad weekend, it does sound like it was controlled to a certain extent, in the way that you knew you were going to be naughty and have all the tools ready to be good again today so I think that is acceptable ;-). Thankfully I don't have any kids, so it makes it easier to stay away from things like that, although I am making some blueberry muffins today! I am making them with soya flour, gorund almonds and xylitol though, so they will be gluten free and low GL sugar :-). I reckon I can handle it and if so, then they will be a handy lunch box snack for me as I am back to driving all over the place this week and that is when I get bored in the car and scoff my face! So, if I arm myself with a healthy muffin and my usual lunch box salad/cold meat I am hoping I can deal with it - and anyway that has got to be better than stopping at petrol stations and buying pies, crisps and chocolate ;-).

    I must say, I didn't think of doing BNS or Celeriac crisps - sounds like a great idea, so I shall be trying that when my veg box arrives on Weds - do you think they would last if I made some on Wed night for example and took them out with me on Thursday? I assume they would go soft quite quickly?

    Great idea to do the York Test - it is definitely something I want to get done, but just need to save up a bit as it is a little pricey isn't it?! I am sure it is worth every penny though. Will be interesting to hear your results :-)
    Ooh they sound lovely let me know how they turn up! Def a better snack than the services lol. The chips are nice but they're not crispy fresh and would def go soft quite quickly but I don't mind that I enjoy roasted veg cold. Have been good today, just got dinner in the oven now. I am hungry though. York test was 300!! Altho they refund 280 if you don't have any intolerances. Tbh I think it will be money well spent to find out. Ill let you know how I get on anyway and see how it impacts! I'm scared I'm going to be intolerant to tomatoes. I have them soooo much they're a great base so they're bound to be! Watch this space..... Lol x
    Just aiming to be happy


  9. #24
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Well the muffins were delicious!! In fact, they were a bit too sweet so will put less xylitol in next time I think :-). The original recipe is from Patrick Holford's Cookbook and is for Apple and Almond Cake, but I just adapted it a bit as I didn't want to eat any other fruit just yet, hence the blueberry substitute (and I didn't put any flaked almonds in because they are revolting, even though I like almonds, when they are flaked they are just wrong!) and I obviously made them into muffins for ease. I think I put too many blueberries in and they would still be perfectly edible with less. And they are really easy to make (I am no Master Chef!), so a great success I hope, but the scales will tell me the truth on Friday!

    Was it the York Test 113 Food Intolerance Scan you got? I have found a few different ones here www.zest4life.eu/store which seem to be a bit cheaper but not sure if it is the same - and that one says you can have 2 phone consultations with a Nutritional Therapist as well which sounds good. It is one of those things though that with something like that I think you need to go the whole hog otherwise it costs you more in the long run because you haven't necessarily discovered everything that you needed to, so will be interesting to see what the differences are!

    Interesting you say about tomatoes - I absolutely love tomatoes as well and am convinced they don't agree with me because they give me terrible acid reflux and heartburn but I love them so much I just ignore it! The trouble is that even if the test told me they were terrible, I am not sure I could give them up as well .

    And well done for being good today - long may it continue . I was just feeling so well yesterday I couldn't believe it - never had so much energy and concentration and I just didn't stop yesterday as I wanted to get things done and keep myself busy rather than trying to motivate myself to get stuff done which is usually the case unless I am actually on my feet! It was actually like I had taken something to be honest - Wow! And I realised that I haven't had any headaches at all for about a week I think now which is just brilliant. You need to keep on being good - it is so worth it!!

    I have decided I am going to find time to go swimming at least twice a week and preferably more, starting from next Monday. The gym opens at 6am and I am always awake from about 3am so I may as well just get out of bed at 5:30 rather than lying there hoping I will get back to sleep which in my view is just wasting precious time!!

  10. #25
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Sort of - i had the food and drink scan one - it included the phone consultations although not sure really what they are for but hopefully it will open my eyes and help me to understand thing!! I don't seem to suffer any noticeable symptoms, bar maybe cheese, but i find it really difficult to tell as i always feel tired and run down anyway - generally i put this down to having kids though!

    Great that you're starting to notice the physical benefits too!! Can't wait to get there. And well done for swimming - you have def found the energy bug eh lol x
    Just aiming to be happy


  11. #26
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 11st10!! A little bit frustrating seeing as I have still been very good, but I wonder whether the muffins were just a step too far! So, no more muffins and I will re-evaluate on Monday again and see where I am going with it all. However, one really fascinating thing that occurred to me yesterday was that my knees are feeling so much better which really is a miracle as I have had real problems with them for the last 18 months. I can get up and down off the chair, out of bed etc really quite easily compared to 2 weeks ago! And I haven't been having any pain killers of any description. Ok it may just be coincidence but I think that is highly unlikely! So, even though the weight side of things is a bit rubbish to be perfectly honest, the other benefits so far are quite amazing!

    I had a bit of a down day yesterday but I am absolutely knackered really as I have been so busy, but I was ok. I went out to lunch to a pub with a very limited menu unfortunately, so I went for fish and chips - but I asked for salad instead of chips and I didn't eat one even tiny mouthful of batter (which is another one of my main weaknesses) and it really wasn't that hard! And I wasn't interested in pudding :-)

  12. #27
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 11st10!! A little bit frustrating seeing as I have still been very good, but I wonder whether the muffins were just a step too far! So, no more muffins and I will re-evaluate on Monday again and see where I am going with it all. However, one really fascinating thing that occurred to me yesterday was that my knees are feeling so much better which really is a miracle as I have had real problems with them for the last 18 months. I can get up and down off the chair, out of bed etc really quite easily compared to 2 weeks ago! And I haven't been having any pain killers of any description. Ok it may just be coincidence but I think that is highly unlikely! So, even though the weight side of things is a bit rubbish to be perfectly honest, the other benefits so far are quite amazing!

    I had a bit of a down day yesterday but I am absolutely knackered really as I have been so busy, but I was ok. I went out to lunch to a pub with a very limited menu unfortunately, so I went for fish and chips - but I asked for salad instead of chips and I didn't eat one even tiny mouthful of batter (which is another one of my main weaknesses) and it really wasn't that hard! And I wasn't interested in pudding :-)
    What was in the muffins i can't remember? Perhaps give them a break, or it could be the fruit maybe? But FANTASTIC news about your knees!! So many on the official forum talk about better health, worth doing just for that!!! Well done on the fish and chips too, that's what i love the most about this plan, the cravings go and we don't be so controlled by food.

    I'm doing ok, day 5 of phase 1 today, although had a little mozerella cheese yesterday in dinner that hub made. Otherwise have been good. P2 tomorrow, may just introduce milk to make breakfast a bit nicer, still struggling to go with a fat breakfast - they just don't appeal too much, make me nauseous and i struggle with time. I much prefer a bowl of porridge or cereal - it will be nicer to have more than 50g too, i struggle to get through the morning on just that!!

    Looking forward to the intolerance results coming back - hoping they will be here towards the end of next week x
    Just aiming to be happy


  13. #28
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    24th January, 2013
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 24/01/2013
    Start Weight: 12st1lb
    Current Weight: 11st8lb
    Goal Weight: 10st8lb
    Goal Date: March 2013


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 23.9
    Goal BMI: 21.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st0lb
    % Lost 4.14%
    Oh well done! Sounds like you are doing great! I agree about the fat breakfasts and can only really eat later on in the morning if I have that but that isn't always practical and I definitely get the nauseous problem as well - I had an onion omelette with salad and 2 rashers of bacon for lunch (missed breakfast) and really struggled to eat much of the omelette at all and then just felt sick! And you are right about porridge not exactly keeping you going all morning. I have just had some NLY and blueberries to keep me going until dinner as I really haven't eaten much today - I can't believe how little I am eating! Although it just doesn't seem to make any sense that I am eating such good food and probably half the quantity that I used to eat and my weight hasn't changed, but never mind - we will see on Monday if that gets any better! I am going to be starting swimming again on Monday anyway which I guess will help start burning the fat a bit! Although, if my knees keep going the way that they are then I may be running the marathon soon, you never know! (Ok, that probably isn't very realistic but never say never!).

    Will be very interested to hear your intolerance results and then see what difference it makes to you to cut anything out that comes up. I have definitely got to do one but it will have to wait a while before I can invest :-)


    The muffins were soya flour, butter, blueberries, ground almonds, eggs and xylitol (which is low gl) basically so I think they were a bit too much which is what I was expecting but I was hoping they would be ok as I was sure I could control cravings. I am eating blueberries still as I can't honestly think they are bad for you if you can control the cravings for sweet things? I have also discovered that I can eat Greek Style NLY with blueberries as well, so it means I can get that in to my diet as well! I am not eating tons of them, but just with yoghurt when I have some.

  14. #29
    Im always here!
    Rkmriddell's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January, 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    8,363
    Rep Power
    172
    Diet: Slimming World
    Start Date: 25/03/2013
    Start Weight: 13st7.0lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy123 View Post
    Oh well done! Sounds like you are doing great! I agree about the fat breakfasts and can only really eat later on in the morning if I have that but that isn't always practical and I definitely get the nauseous problem as well - I had an onion omelette with salad and 2 rashers of bacon for lunch (missed breakfast) and really struggled to eat much of the omelette at all and then just felt sick! And you are right about porridge not exactly keeping you going all morning. I have just had some NLY and blueberries to keep me going until dinner as I really haven't eaten much today - I can't believe how little I am eating! Although it just doesn't seem to make any sense that I am eating such good food and probably half the quantity that I used to eat and my weight hasn't changed, but never mind - we will see on Monday if that gets any better! I am going to be starting swimming again on Monday anyway which I guess will help start burning the fat a bit! Although, if my knees keep going the way that they are then I may be running the marathon soon, you never know! (Ok, that probably isn't very realistic but never say never!).

    Will be very interested to hear your intolerance results and then see what difference it makes to you to cut anything out that comes up. I have definitely got to do one but it will have to wait a while before I can invest :-)

    The muffins were soya flour, butter, blueberries, ground almonds, eggs and xylitol (which is low gl) basically so I think they were a bit too much which is what I was expecting but I was hoping they would be ok as I was sure I could control cravings. I am eating blueberries still as I can't honestly think they are bad for you if you can control the cravings for sweet things? I have also discovered that I can eat Greek Style NLY with blueberries as well, so it means I can get that in to my diet as well! I am not eating tons of them, but just with yoghurt when I have some.
    Sometimes though its hard to realise a craving is a craving. If you don't lose again this week maybe try without and see how that goes. I've had an email to say my intolerance results were posted on Friday so hopefully they will be here on Monday fingers crossed. Enjoy swimming tomorrow, I envy you the quiet you time lol x
    Just aiming to be happy


  15. #30
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    4th September, 2006
    Location
    Surrey/Hampshire borders
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Twiggy, hope you are managing to stick to the THD way of eating. If you can get past those first five days you will truly see how the food we eat keeps you addicted to the wrong foods. Keep going. The Harcome Diet does have an unofficial facebook page which is excellent for support. Lisa Dain runs it. Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.