I've gone from calorie counting to just focusing on healthy eating (at the moment, I am over counting/weighing everything, so going to try a new appraoch and see how I go). Here are my guidelines, for now ......
1. Eat when you want and as much as you want, as long as:
· You MUST be hungry.
· It MUST be healthy.2. You are allowed 2 treats per day, from the following list:
· 1 small bag of cookies
· 2-3 cookies (depending on variety).
· 1 row of rice crackers with a little low calorie dip
· 1 fun size bar of chocolate
· 1 small cake/bar
· 1 small bag of crisp
· 3 pieces liquorice
· or something similar to the above3. Drink only water, tea or coffee, during the day (save a Pepsi max til the evening (and only if you REALLY have to have it) and limit to 1/2-1 can only per day maximum, if any).
4. A MINIMUM of 30 mins exercise per day.
5. Save alcohol intake until the weekend and maximum of ½ bottle wine and 1 beer, in one evening.
6. You are allowed to have one cheat meal, per week, where you don’t need to ‘think’ about what you are eating … but this isn’t allowed to continue into the next meal, or day, or week!
7. If you feel you are going to overeat, go for a walk, make a cup of tea, or sip on a glass of water, take a shower, go read or lay down.. But do not go down the path of overeating!
Here's to the beginning of a successful journey!