Hi To All - My Intro
Just joined the forum today after browsing for a few days and from what i've read it seems pretty good :)
I am going to probably rejoin SW again this week, did SW about 2006 and lost 5 st, kept it off for about 3 yrs , but its all gone back on again :(
This time though I feel it will be a bit harder, as my life is different to what it was then, and I have less 'spare' time.
Nowadays, I drive a HGV for a living and work long hours about 60 a week starting at 6.15 am and finishing any when between 6-8pm!
I have also fallen into a habit of stopping at shops during the day and buying not so healthy/junk food and generally snacking on the move with my downfall of anything sweet/chocolatey!
I also have gym membership that i have been paying monthly for , for over a year and have been about 3 times, no excuses there, well apart from getting home late and not being bothered to make the effort, and just plonking down in front of the pc/tv for the night.
I really need to make the effort and change things, as i want to feel better about myself like i did a few years back.
also i am going to be getting married next year, and i want to be slim again!
I am also fed up with wearing the same few clothes all the time when i have a huge range in sizes 12-14, i want to fit back in them!
I need to get my 'mojo' back!...as at the moment i am in a rut where i just can't bothered with doing anything much or going anywhere...
well, that's about it for the moment, will probably start a diary in the SW forum, in the hope of helping me being accountable and keeping track.
Look forward to hearing from some of you and trying to help to :)
Good luck , I feel exactly the same, I need to lose another 10 stone so a lot of work, but lost 1 stone in first 3 weeks :-) keep at it :-) x
Hello Zafira. I liked your post for many reasons:
1. It is honest. You admit your mistakes. Recognizing a problem and taking the responsibility of this, is the first critical step.
2. You are aware of the actions made you overweight.
3. You have strong motivation. You are going to get married next year, you want to feel better about yourself.
4. You've already made a decision on a plan. My opinion is that in most cases the problem is not the plan but actually the individual, the dieter. Without goals, motivation, direction, support you can not go long.
5. You asked for support here and in the SW forum.
6. You have set your goals. You want 69 lbs to go.
You know something, I feel you are going to make it.
You have a demanding business and lifestyle and it will be harder to stick to your plan. I think you must take baby steps for now, build healthier habits slow and steady, create momentum and then you will be able to take more advanced weight loss decisions and actions. Just my 2 cents...
Thanks Bex & Baxk, I hope to give it a good go again this time, done it once before, so hopefully again, its just sorting it out to fit in with my life i have today.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.