Newbie - Any Advice?

pinejap

Hi All - I have been trawling through a lot of past posts, and am so, so impressed by everyone who's persisted with lipotim.

I have just started (7/3/2013), and weighed-in at 16st 8lbs, and lost 9lbs in my first week. I am consistently following the programme; having only the shakes and drinking lots of water (about 2+ litres a day...me and my bathroom have renewed our friendship..)

I have found that, as an avid tea drinker, I am no longer able to drink black tea (who would have thought that the tiny drop of milk I enjoyed in my cuppa made SO much difference!), can anyone point me in the direction of any other beverages that might suit (and be allowed of course)?

ps - I seem to be 'enjoying' the 'chicken soup' formula....my pharmacy said that previous lipotimmers did not recommend it, so only had it for the first time tonight...and what a refreshing change from the sweetness of vanilla (ugghhhh!), strawberry (nice warm) and chocolate (very nice warm)...

Any useful coping strategies greatly welcomed
:)

I drink fizzy water instead of tap water (very cheap from ASDA or morrisons)
Also peppermint tea is allowed. Nettle is ok too.
I think there's another hot one that's ok too.

Oh, maybe with your tea try making it REALLY weak. Just dip the bag in - I find with black tea it's got to be a lot, lot, lot weaker or it gives me the worst headache. (I normally have it with lemon but that is not allowed on LT).

You can also try weak black tea with a peppermint teabag in too. That's not bad.

Camomile is NOT ok though.

Back