Fed up. (Not literally "fed"...lol

Kirbygirl

Had my weigh-in this morning and I'm down two pounds for the second week in a row. If I were on Weight Watchers, I'd think that was brilliant, but the reason I'm paying €65 a week for Lipotrim instead of €10 a week for WW is because the weight is supposed to drop off quicker on this thing!

I know everyone has slow weeks, and that you can't be expecting a big loss every week. But despite the fact that I KNOW this to be a fact, it still doesn't help with the fact that I'm feeling super disheartened :-( I'm not expecting my totm or anything like that, and I've been drinking at least 2l of water a day plus herbal teas.

I'm doing this for another week, and if I have another small loss next week, I'm quitting and starting into Refeed. It's just too expensive to sustain unless I'm seeing bigger results...

Sorry for the whining, I know that it's brilliant to be losing at all, but just, eurgh, frustrated.

I know how u feel.....however this week I think I've lost a good lot as I look like a clown in my clothes. I think it was my body fighting me on this diet!!!! I lost 1 then 2 then another 2!!!! Depressing but stuck at it. I do look so much better. Maybe you've dropped inches. Do you exercise?

I don't think you are whining Kirbygirl, I've only lost half a pound this week. HALF a pound! No cheating and over 3 litres of water a day. I am most disappointed, added to this is that the week before I lost 3lb and then the week before 2lb so I know exactly how you feel.

I started reefed yesterday as I don't see the point of paying for LT every week, limiting my social life and furtively hiding my lunches in work for such small losses. It felt like a big sacrifice for little result. I think what happened is my body has gone into starvation mode or my metabolism has slowed right down so I am burning less. My logic is to eat carefully to kick start my metabolism but not eat too much so i still lose.

i have done well on LT, I've lost 2 stone in 2 months so i can't complain, its just now things have changed and i need to adapt what i am doing.

I am close to my target so I am going to get rid of the rest by being careful and following a clean/primal eating plan. What are you going to do?

I was SO depressed the week I lost 2 pounds! I kept panicking that this was it for me now, that would be the most I'd lose every week and I'd never get myself down to target !
I dont know what happened that week, or whats happening with you at the minute! Its so annoying and strange! Because like u, I knew I was 100% all week and overloaded on water! Im not having any TOTM at the minute as I came off the pill 3 months ago and my bodys still re-adjusting to it so there wasnt any logical excuse for just two pound loss!

Are you near your target weight ?? I'm just under a stone off mine and hope to finish up in 3-4 weeks anyway but if mine goes back to 2 pound a week I wont be and that's worrying isnt it? xxxxxx

Ah thanks, guys, it's really good to know that this is a source of frustration for others too. Half a pound! Oh man, janeg, I'd have been RAGING! Yeh, I couldn't contain my disappointment in the pharm today. I told her that if I didn't see a bigger loss next Friday I was going on to Refeed.

I'm nowhere near goal, teddybear, - I'm 11-4, and my "it'll be grand shur" goal is 10st, but my dream weight is about 9st10. So i have another stone and a half to lose, I'm really only halfway through my weightloss.

In some ways, I am terrified to come off TFR because I've heard horror stories about how easy it is to pile weight back on, but as you said, janeg, the element of secrecy is becoming increasingly difficult! My friend Bryan was staying the night the other day and he rang and said "Hey, as a thanks for letting me crash, how's about I buy ingredients to make us dinner?". CRAP. I said the firs thing that came into my head, which was "Oh, you're grand, I've already eaten so just look after yourself!". (It was only 2pm!). Man.

Janeg, I think you're definitely onto something with the metabolism thing. That crossed my mind as well. My body has become used to getting this many calories, so it's taking its sweet time burning the weight! I'll ramp up the exercise intake this week and see if that boosts it.

I wouldnt worry about the weight pile-on as I think this will only happen if you have no self control or use the excuse of 'I've lost *enter amount here* stones, whats a few more take-aways and cakes' etc. Honestly, that sounds so rude but it's so true!
This diet works 100%, I mean look at us all! Wee skinny minis now lol! BUt we've just got to control ourselves now when we're back eating! My dad did it years ago and he lost soooooooooooooooooo much weight! He gained a few pounds in refeed which is normal and hes kept the weight off!
He lives a normal life - he has a drink, he has a takeaway (not often like but he doesnt restrict himself) but the rest of the time, he eats healthy normal foods and drinks.

It is so do-able to keep the weight off! Dont let negative as*hol*s make you doubt yourself just because they had no self-control! I have every bit of faith in keeping this weight off when I come off this diet because I think my heads finally in the right place when viewing food now lol xxx

Thank you for that! That is exactly what I needed to hear, especially your dad's success story. Well done to him. xx

Yeh, my pharmacist was reassuring too, she said that it's not unusual to gain as much as half a stone after the refeed week, but that it's literally just water and glycogin weight that falls away after your body adjusts to eating food again. I'm already planning in my head all the healthy soups and salads and pitta bread sandwiches and fruit and veg I'll be having after re-feed, so I also have faith in myself that I can keep losing after tfr.

Yeh, flip this 2lb a week craic. I'm gonna make this my last week of TFR and refeed next week. Thanks lads.

Damn straight its what you need to hear !!! hahaha Im sick of people trying to make us feel guilty about eating again incase we get 'fat'!
I 100% know youll be grand!!!!!!!!! xxx

I KNOW! That's why I haven't told anyone else I'm doing it, I did it in 2007 and told all my friends, and they all said crash diets were stupid because you pile the weight back on. *Now* I could argue that it's not a crash diet, it's a carefully controlled medical diet where the weightloss comes as a result of chemical and hormonal changes in your body due to ketosis - but in 2007 I was 20 and barely understood what Liptotrim was :p

hi when i spoke to my pharmacy she said that if your dieting started to go slow that you could go on reefed for a week and then go back to lipotrim and it usually kickstarts it all again? wondered if any of you have tried that?

Back