Soooo last nights date night

skinnymindy

So last night my hubby and I went out for 'date night'. Plan was walk around the shops, cinema and dinner for him. Headed to this steakhouse (as he's on low carb) and sat down. He ordered his no carb meal of steak and salad and I ordered sparkling water and coffee. Next thing, maitre d comes over and says 'everyone who sits down at table has to eat, we can't have you sitting here and not eating during prime Friday night dining time'!!! So then I had to explain that while everything sounded delicious, I was on a super strict diet and so I couldn't eat any solid food. She kept asking me could I even have dessert??!!! So awkward. When we left she was a bit nicer about it but made me feel so awkward!!! Has anyone else experienced this kind if stuff? I mean it's hard enough to sit there while OH eats delicious dinner without facing the flaming Spanish Inquisition. Oh well, am over it now :)

Wow, I don't know that I'd have been able to resist that temptation, good on you! :D To be honest last time I did this I had a fairly negative reaction from a lot of people, so this time round I've not come out and told anyone that this is what I'm doing and on the whole am just trying to avoid meals out...

I'm okay, I say I try avoiding meals out - in a few minutes I'm heading out to a friend's bring-and-share birthday picnic :p

good luck at the birthday! This flipping diet is soooo hard. Aaaagh. Am a bit hormonal also so all I want to do tonight is monster into a giant bar of chocolate. :(

I am not doing any meals out. I have no problem being around family when they are eating but I think the smells of a restaurant would make me hungry lol

You're a good'un Skinny - I can't even sit at the table with the family during meal times at this stage....I have to say that waitress was awful, the mood I'm in I'd prob have punched her!!!

Hormones suck, hot bath and good books help me a lot. I'm quite glad that I live away from home, I would not be able to resist my mum's cooking (as I've demonstrated >_<)

I'm just uselss when it comes to food full stop. Kimikat it's the other way around for me; when my daughter comes up home for the weekend..I eat :( she has not long finished Uni, but has chosen to stay in London, so I don't get to see her that often, so we always go out...as for hormones give be me a box a chocolates any day rather than a cooked dinner - Oooo the joys of being a woman:eek: Skinny I thought you did amazing..depending on what time of the month it was, i'd have either cried or she would have the menu shoved up her rear. xx

Ha ha I should've shoved the menu where it didn't shine, lol :) guys ye are just so lovely, how would I survive this diet without ye on the forum. Xxx

Yep - me too - Look forward to checking in with you all at the end of every tough day lol!!! Seriously isnt it great to vent with people in the same boat , rather than bottling it all up with people who can never really understand! I survived the family Sunday pm get together in my Mums which I have been avoiding since I started this.... Flinching a bit inside when a gorgeous plate of profitroles were being handed out with the tea! Black coffee not exactly hitting the spot! And was wallowing a bit in self pity as I watched all the "skinny" people tucking in!! I was like - Life can be so unfair lol!!!! Weigh in on Mon morns is a great thing for me - there always seems to be more temptation at the weekends especially Sundays!

I feel the exact same. You are all so warm and supportive. Thank you

helps doesn't it. It's a bit of what I'm after when I restart tomorrow? Pretty please x

Good luck with the restart Harriet!!! You should have a nice wee bit off for Christmas!

Good luck with the restart Harriet!!! You should have a nice wee bit off for Christmas!

hey thanks, yes really hope so :) do you have an idea what you'd like to lose before Christmas or aren't you fussed?

h

Well when I started (29 Sept) I was thinking @ 35lb, but I have 22lb off already! So I suppose @ 40lb? 50lb would be Brilliant!!! And just might be possible!

Hi Harriet - How did day 1 go? Hope you got through it and feeling positive for the days ahead!! You can do this... And its not forever x

Hi Harriet - How did day 1 go? Hope you got through it and feeling positive for the days ahead!! You can do this... And its not forever x

up until half an hr before I went to get weighed my head was all over the place about going or not, but I did and it's been fine. Knowing I've support helps no end x

how r u doing today?

Back