Things you hate about been overweight.

Katie85

Silver Member
I thought it would be good to have a thread where if you have any frustrations about carrying excess weight you can air them here, not only does it allow people to know they aren't alone in the way they feel been overweight but can be inspiration for reasons we are on this journey and the things we'll leave behind.

So: Not been able to shop in all shops. Having to go only to plus size retailers. Having limiting choices and options in those retailers.

The thing I hate the most is thinking I looked nice but then seeing pictures that show I didn't :-((

weight.png

Oh that one makes me so depressed, it's like when you go clothes shopping and you think you look ok then catch a glimpse of yourself in a shop window or mirror

another one one I hate is when someone says just eat healthy and exercise, it's really simple. Usually comes from a person who has never had a weight issue.

i hate feeling like crap all the time.
feeling like people judge me as being lazy or greedy coz im fat.

I think it does feel like people judge someone on their weight and probably do stereotype an overweight person as lazy. Sometimes it is not always ignorance.

I hate fancy dress parties/nights out when it means you have to be the odd one out.

I hate when i need to go to the party/birthday/cafe - any place where you need to wear beautiful dress!!! I know that i can not wear what i want...i hate to look like a piece of crap in the beautiful dress(((

Oh I agree, its the first thing I think about when getting an invite is the dress and what to wear. And worst still you can't wear black to a wedding.

I don't mind the invites it's the photos afterwards that I don't like... I have body dismorphia? (spelling) the wrong way around... I feel skinny

. Then I see pictures haha...!!!

I avoid the camera so there isn't many photos of me after a night out or event ... And if one catches me I delete it. I hate seeing myself in photos.

Going out somewhere as i hate the fatigue, the aches and pains, the breathlessness, the feeling everyone is looking at You. It's not pleasant.

i have a new one, todays valentines day and myself and my friends are all out in a pub which is fine im not anti social or anything but i feel sometimes like my poor boyfriend gets alot of stick form his friends about me, his friends are lovely but all their girlfriends are skinny long legged blondes (plus one red head)
i dunno i know he loves me but i want to be a stunner for him i want him to be proud to have me on his arm.
more importantly i want my mind to stop thinking he'd love me more if i was skinny. coz its not true i think its just my brain playing games...

I've had a lot of male friends say what bothers them most about their chicks being overweight is not the extra weight (hello big boobs and big ass) but it's how their weight affects them...

Finding your self worth regardless of size is way more important to him than your weight I guarantee you... If he wanted someone else I'm sure he wouldn't be with ya.. But he is...

Bet all he wants is you... A happy you...I'm

I do believe there is some truth in that curve that it's not always the weight in a cosmetic way but in a personality way that can cause a man not to want to be with you. It must be hard to deal with from a relationship point of view, especially if that girl is not happy at the weight. i know myself as an overweight girl that I'm not happy, I'm not comfortable, not confident, I'm self conscience, less outgoing, less sociable etc etc because of my weight so how can that possibly make anyone happy. If you aren't happy yourself then there is no way you can make someone else happy. I've found that out myself quite recently. I now know I have to make myself happy as a priority, otherwise I'll never make anyone happy,

And liveadream being skinny, blonde and long legged is not what every man wants .. Far from it I reckon.. You don't marry someone for their looks, you don't marry someone for cosmetic reasons .. Of course there has to be initial attraction but that can come in many forms. In my opinion, To make lust change to love its their personality, the way they make you feel, being there, being happy etc etc. Looks fade too, a good woman will always be a good woman. So if he loves you then reward him for that by first of all making yourself the happiest you can be then making him happy too. ForgeT everyone else.

true i know he loves me and what you say is right i think its more how i am in terms of not liking or enjoying my body that bothers him. he is very supportive and as hes a chef so i think he finds it hard to only be cooking for himself so hes eating at work more...
he runs and has promised when im back in shape we can run together as long as i dont shout at him :)

See so you've a good man there believing you can get to your happy weight, so do it .. That's what will make him proud. Make yourself happy :)

Why not try see yourself in his eyeS..

ANd for extra Va Va voom... Get a corset and stockings... Only do stuff by candle light an and music that makes you feel hot...

My OH at one stage only got to "get down" with my "I'm fierce gear on" haHa... But I felt sexy and didn't get turned off by my own body
.. Win win for both of us..

Once I started dressing in clothes that flattered my shape my confidence grew, I accepted what changes I wanted to make but that I am a beautiful woman and ya gots to learn to own it..

Only with true self love I believe you can truly be happy whatever you're weight...

so no more going to bed in his old boxers and a hoodie right :)

Back