- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 medium/large onion, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups turnip (or sweet potato or Granny Smith apples), diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 eggs (optional), beaten
- Brown the sausage it in a large pan. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Saute the onions, mushrooms, turnip and celery in the pan with the sausage drippings, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove the dried bits. At the fresh and dried sage, salt, pepper and celery seed and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until the turnips are tender and much of the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour the stuffing mixture into a baking dish pour the beaten eggs on top and mix lightly.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
“Is this food beneficial to my health and well being?” If I can ditch the junk so can you.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.