If making this for company I use 1/2 cup maple syrup, if making the custards for everyday puddings I use 1/4 cup instead. :)
Nutty Pie Crust recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods:
1 Cup Almond flour
1/2 Cup chopped pecans
Pinch of salt
1/4 Cup pasture butter or ghee
2 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
Mix well and press thinly and evenly into an 8-9 inch tart pan. Pre-bake to a light golden brown colour before filling and baking.
Filling - adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe:
- 3 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet potato flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tin (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (dark if possible)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour, salt, and spices. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, and coconut milk. Whisk in flour mixture.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crust (for pie) or ramekins (for custards) and bake until the middle is set - around 50 minutes for pie or 35 minutes for ramekins. If needed, shield the nutty pie crust edges with foil strips if they are getting too browned.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.