Paleo Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie
Ingredients For The Crust:
2 cups of almond flour
¾ cups of coconut flour
¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil, butter or ghee
1 tsp of garlic powder
1-2 tbsp of canned full fat coconut milk
salt to taste
Ingredients For The Filling:
1 ½ cups of shredded or diced cooked chicken or turkey
1 tbsp of coconut oil, butter or ghee
½ medium onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, sliced
2 diced carrots
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 ½ cups of chicken or turkey broth
2 tsp of arrowroot powder
1 tbsp of coconut flour
1 tsp of dry thyme
2 tsp of dry parsley or 1 tbsp of fresh
½ tsp of celery seed powder
salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 350 F • In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the crust, massage and knead with your hands until a paste is formed; start using only one tbsp of coconut milk. If the dough is pliable do not add the second one.
• Take one third of the dough, roll it into a ball, set it on top a piece of parchment paper, add another piece of parchment paper on top and flatten with your hands or a rolling pin until you form a circle about the size of the top of the pie and ⅛ of an inch thick
• Line the inside of a greased 9 inch pie crust mold with the rest of the dough and bake for 10 minutes.
• In a medium sauce pan, sauté the onion with the olive oil until tender, add the vegetables and 1 cup of broth. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
• Mix the rest of the broth with the arrowroot powder and add to the pot along with the rest of the ingredients
• Continue to cook until the broth thickens
• Put the filling on top of the crust
• Put the crust top over it, remove excess dough from the sides, and poke a hole with your finger at the center of the pie
• Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown
• Let cool for 15 minutes and serve
Started Paleo/Primal Apr 2012 at 9st 9lbs.Got down to 8st 4lbs October 2012 and have been maintaining between 8st 4lbs-8st 7lbs since. If you want it enough you won't keep finding excuses to not do it.
- Rep Power
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.