Paleo Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie
Ingredients For The Crust:
2 cups of almond flour
¾ cups of coconut flour
¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil, butter or ghee
1 tsp of garlic powder
1-2 tbsp of canned full fat coconut milk
salt to taste
Ingredients For The Filling:
1 ½ cups of shredded or diced cooked chicken or turkey
1 tbsp of coconut oil, butter or ghee
½ medium onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, sliced
2 diced carrots
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 ½ cups of chicken or turkey broth
2 tsp of arrowroot powder
1 tbsp of coconut flour
1 tsp of dry thyme
2 tsp of dry parsley or 1 tbsp of fresh
½ tsp of celery seed powder
salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 350 F • In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the crust, massage and knead with your hands until a paste is formed; start using only one tbsp of coconut milk. If the dough is pliable do not add the second one.
• Take one third of the dough, roll it into a ball, set it on top a piece of parchment paper, add another piece of parchment paper on top and flatten with your hands or a rolling pin until you form a circle about the size of the top of the pie and ⅛ of an inch thick
• Line the inside of a greased 9 inch pie crust mold with the rest of the dough and bake for 10 minutes.
• In a medium sauce pan, sauté the onion with the olive oil until tender, add the vegetables and 1 cup of broth. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
• Mix the rest of the broth with the arrowroot powder and add to the pot along with the rest of the ingredients
• Continue to cook until the broth thickens
• Put the filling on top of the crust
• Put the crust top over it, remove excess dough from the sides, and poke a hole with your finger at the center of the pie
• Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown
• Let cool for 15 minutes and serve
If you want it enough you won't keep finding excuses to not do it.
What fits your schedule better -- Exercising 1 hour a day or being f** 24 hours a day?”
"I don’t think there’s any excuse for women not to stay in shape. We just need to stop gorging, put on our trainers, and use some self-control. No one else is going to do it for us." Linda Barker
“Eating crappy food isn't a reward -- it's a punishment.” ― Drew Carey
Paleo since Apr 2012 9st 9lbs got to 8st 7lbs October 2012 and with focus,exercise and motivation have stayed below 9st since.
Hard work and dedication pays off.No time for excuses if you really want to loss the weight.
I can now enjoy special occasions without having to worry about what the scales will say after.
Loving life,Loving my body.
- Rep Power
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.