Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Clothes !! Advice please.

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    6th July, 2013
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Clothes !! Advice please.

    Hi all. This is a bit of an embarrassing post for me... But here goes.

    As of Monday when I started - I am 20 stone 10. have gradually put 4 stone on to my already large frame.

    At 17 stone I wanted to lose weight, and tried a few times.., but usually went up and down between 16:10-17:5.

    I always bought clothes in size 18 or 20. I had the odd 16-18 I would squeeze myself into. Although I was big I have always had PLENTY of clothes and always made an effort to try to look nice.

    Fast forward 10 months. I am still squeezing myself into the same clothes, but obviously, now I'm 4 stone heavier, you can understand some of it has more give than others!!

    This morning I tried on a pair of jeans (size 22)
    I could only JUST do them up... And had a whole almost shelf of fat over the top of the wasitband!

    After a while I got used to the waist and *could* get away with wearing them looks wise... But oh my word I felt so uncomfortable!!! I just can't *move* in jeans at this weight! My legs didn't even want to walk - and they fit fine on the legs! Just too much bulk going on.

    Never felt so ashamed. Truly my most 'fat' moment.

    But here's the real dilemma - on Tuesday I fly to Canada to spend our birthdays & Christmas with my fiancé. What on earth am I going to wear from now until Feb!

    I wish I had a wardrobe full of 'unflattering tent like clothes' you read about in success stories... But no I'm stuck with all my skinny clothes!!

    Absolutely devestated !! I have next to no money either. Grrr! And I thought my hunt for a decent looking size 22 coat was hard work.

  2. #2
    Really Really likes to post!
    century club
    Clinquant's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st September, 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    43
    Diet: Lighter Life/Slim and Save
    Height: 1.73m
    Start Date: 1/9/13
    Start Weight: 131.5kg
    Current Weight: 86kg
    Goal Weight: 75kg
    Goal Date: August 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 43.9
    Current BMI: 28.7
    Goal BMI: 25


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 45.5kg
    Weight to Lose: 11kg
    % Lost 34.6%
    I am a huge fan of eBay. When I lost the weight the first time I sold and bought clothes and broke even moneywise. Also with the money I save on coffees, lunches, wine, takeaways and meals out, I put £5 per day into a pot and use that to buy clothes. On Monday I have completed 100 days so that's £500 I have had to spend. I know the eBay idea won't help in time for Tuesday but you can get some nice stuff to see you through January and February. Pick the brands that you know fit well and go for things like wrap dresses and stretchy stuff that will shrink with you a bit better than really fitted stuff. Once you start it's addictive!! And I've always found that buying things that make you feel good now is much more motivational than feeling bad wearing things too tight.

    Hope that helps and concentrate on enjoying your holiday - it sounds lovely.
    I am a slow walker, but I never walk back
    Abraham Lincoln



    http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-di...-learning.html




  3. #3
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    15th August, 2013
    Posts
    951
    Rep Power
    20
    Diet: Cambridge Diet
    Height: 5ft6.5in
    Start Date: July 19th 2013
    Start Weight: 17st3lb
    Current Weight: 11st12lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 38.3
    Current BMI: 26.4
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 5st5lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st12lb
    % Lost 31.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by bride2be! View Post
    Hi all. This is a bit of an embarrassing post for me... But here goes.

    As of Monday when I started - I am 20 stone 10. have gradually put 4 stone on to my already large frame.

    At 17 stone I wanted to lose weight, and tried a few times.., but usually went up and down between 16:10-17:5.

    I always bought clothes in size 18 or 20. I had the odd 16-18 I would squeeze myself into. Although I was big I have always had PLENTY of clothes and always made an effort to try to look nice.

    Fast forward 10 months. I am still squeezing myself into the same clothes, but obviously, now I'm 4 stone heavier, you can understand some of it has more give than others!!

    This morning I tried on a pair of jeans (size 22)
    I could only JUST do them up... And had a whole almost shelf of fat over the top of the wasitband!

    After a while I got used to the waist and *could* get away with wearing them looks wise... But oh my word I felt so uncomfortable!!! I just can't *move* in jeans at this weight! My legs didn't even want to walk - and they fit fine on the legs! Just too much bulk going on.

    Never felt so ashamed. Truly my most 'fat' moment.

    But here's the real dilemma - on Tuesday I fly to Canada to spend our birthdays & Christmas with my fiancé. What on earth am I going to wear from now until Feb!

    I wish I had a wardrobe full of 'unflattering tent like clothes' you read about in success stories... But no I'm stuck with all my skinny clothes!!

    Absolutely devestated !! I have next to no money either. Grrr! And I thought my hunt for a decent looking size 22 coat was hard work.
    Where do you live? I have a pile of size 22 clothes that I no longer fit into that I was planning on selling on eBay. Mostly they are jeans and tops from M&S or debenhams. I am London based. Will message you my contact details for if you are interested. And being from those shops they are comfortable 22's rather than only just a 22. Oh and a lot of them were new for my honeymoon back in May and hardly used....

    I would PM you but you haven't reached 50 posts yet so the forum won't let me. Text me on *Snip*
    Last edited by Mini : 7th December, 2013 at 06:57 PM Reason: Please do not put private contact details in posts as this is a publlic forum which can be Googled!
    Start Weight - 17st 3 (Size 22)
    Week 1 - 12 (-42lb) - 14st 3 (Size 20)
    Week 13 - 24 (-20lb) - 12st 11 (Size 18)
    Week 25 - 36 (-14lb) - 11st 11 (Size 16)
    Week 37 - (+1lb) - 11st 12
    Week 38 - (+1lb) - 11st 13
    Week 39 - (-1lb) - 11st 12
    Week 40 - ???

    My Diary: Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey
    http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-lo...ld-turkey.html

  4. #4
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    6th July, 2013
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay737731

    Where do you live? I have a pile of size 22 clothes that I no longer fit into that I was planning on selling on eBay. Mostly they are jeans and tops from M&S or debenhams. I am London based. Will message you my contact details for if you are interested. And being from those shops they are comfortable 22's rather than only just a 22. Oh and a lot of them were new for my honeymoon back in May and hardly used....

    I would PM you but you haven't reached 50 posts yet so the forum won't let me. Text me on *Snip*.
    Oh wow! That's lovely Fay, thank you but unfortunately I am based near Manchester and flying on Tuesday! Grr! I should have thought about this sooner.

    Wish me luck all - hitting as many sale rails as I can to look for some WINTER attire lol! x
    Last edited by Mini : 7th December, 2013 at 06:57 PM

  5. #5
    Really Really likes to post!
    Slinkyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th July, 2012
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19
    Diet: Slimmingworld
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 4th September 2012
    Well I've just sat since 10am putting 65 items on eBay to make room for the new slinky clothes hehe hope they sell

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    kaz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th June, 2013
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi when I've gone down in size I've got cheap clothes from charity shops as didn't want to spend huge amounts of money xx

  7. #7
    Really Really likes to post!
    Slinkyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th July, 2012
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19
    Diet: Slimmingworld
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 4th September 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz1979 View Post
    Hi when I've gone down in size I've got cheap clothes from charity shops as didn't want to spend huge amounts of money xx
    That's what I shall be doing and a jam sales shopping spree so happy to be throwing these 18s away just need to get out of the 16s then that's it so I'm going to stock up on a few 14s but not loads and like you say keep it cheap x

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    turquatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st January, 2013
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    2
    I've been there before
    All I can think of is George at Asda? They have some good things at reasonable prices. I'm sorry I can't help more

  9. #9
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    6th July, 2013
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkyson
    Well I've just sat since 10am putting 65 items on eBay to make room for the new slinky clothes hehe hope they sell
    Woohoo!! Can't wait to sell all my fatty clothes lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by kaz1979
    Hi when I've gone down in size I've got cheap clothes from charity shops as didn't want to spend huge amounts of money xx
    Well done on going down a size! Thanks for the tip! x

    Quote Originally Posted by turquatic
    I've been there before
    All I can think of is George at Asda? They have some good things at reasonable prices. I'm sorry I can't help more
    Thank you! I got a jumper for asda £10 and am going to have to squish into the uncomfortable jeans I think lol xx

  10. #10
    Caz
    Caz is online now
    Slimming down the aisle

    Caz's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd April, 2009
    Posts
    13,192
    Rep Power
    400
    Diet: Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 17/03/2014
    Start Weight: 19st1.5lb
    Current Weight: 18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight: 13st0lb
    Goal Date: By the wedding! August 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 39.5
    Current BMI: 38.2
    Goal BMI: 26.9


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st8.7lb
    Weight to Lose: 5st6.8lb
    % Lost 3.25%
    Have you got sorted? I'm in Manchester and have some old size 22 clothes still you could have.
    My Minimins diary - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...s-g-mrs-c.html

    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off of the goal.
    We would accomplish more things if we did not think of them as impossible.



    Lots of inch loss needed to fit in my dress! Still to go...
    Hips 12 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0
    Waist8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0
    Bust5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.