Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AnnaFaraday

Thread: Social events

  1. #1
    Really Really likes to post!
    nettie's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th September, 2008
    Location
    Oldham/Manchester
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    60
    Diet: Slimming World

    Social events

    Does anyone else find that just as they are in the SW zone you suddenly gain a social life?! I've got the following social events in a short time:
    16th-18th January: wedding in Chester, eating out on the evening of the 16th, wedding all day and evening on 17th, hotel breakfast on 18th
    1st February- day in London at the houses of parliament- lunch provided and then out for tea with OH and the kids
    3rd February- my birthday and going to see a presentation by the school where my OH works
    5th February- out with work for tea at an indian restaurant

    why oh why does this happen?! I don't want to turn any of these down so I am just going to have to be soooo in control! Any suggestions or words of advice please?
    Aiming for a loss of 6 stone... I'm constantly yo-yo-ing so I'll just let you know when I get there!

    Be the change that you want to see...
    Tell me I can't and I'll prove that I can...







  2. #2
    ..


    Join Date
    5th May, 2011
    Posts
    2,119
    Rep Power
    274
    Hotel breakfasts are easy - there are always fruit options.

    Restaurants - find out which restaurant and look it up online. Many restaurants now publish menus online and you can make your choices while you have time to think sensibly about it. Remember to ask for what you want. Vegetables without butter, sauces/dressings on the side - you are the customer.

    House of Commons - food won't be that brilliant (in my experience!), so you probably won't be that tempted.

    Weddings (and lots of other social gatherings) - if you talk a lot no-one will notice you aren't eating a lot, not even you.

    Tell yourself that none of this is difficult. Don't make difficulties, make plans.

  3. #3
    Really Really likes to post!
    nettie's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th September, 2008
    Location
    Oldham/Manchester
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    60
    Diet: Slimming World
    Thats really good advice, thank you. Think I just went into panic mode when I thought of all the things that could go wrong

    Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app
    Aiming for a loss of 6 stone... I'm constantly yo-yo-ing so I'll just let you know when I get there!

    Be the change that you want to see...
    Tell me I can't and I'll prove that I can...







  4. #4
    ..


    Join Date
    5th May, 2011
    Posts
    2,119
    Rep Power
    274
    That's because everything is happening at once. Break it down into individual, specific items, and deal with each one separately. That way they don't become overwhelming.

    Enjoy all your social events. Have a lovely time! If you haven't been to the Houses of Parliament before, it is the most amazing place.
    Happy Holidays and *Emsie* like this.

  5. #5
    Really Really likes to post!
    nettie's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th September, 2008
    Location
    Oldham/Manchester
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    60
    Diet: Slimming World
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFaraday View Post
    That's because everything is happening at once. Break it down into individual, specific items, and deal with each one separately. That way they don't become overwhelming.

    Enjoy all your social events. Have a lovely time! If you haven't been to the Houses of Parliament before, it is the most amazing place.
    Thank you for the advise, think I just hit panic mode!
    I've never been to Parliament before- I'm going to be part of a peoples politics group so will be there all day in a meeting discussing the reasons in which people may not vote and what politicians can do to change this- stuff like that really. My children and OH will be coming for a tour and then they are going to do spend the day in London whilst I'm in the meeting.
    Aiming for a loss of 6 stone... I'm constantly yo-yo-ing so I'll just let you know when I get there!

    Be the change that you want to see...
    Tell me I can't and I'll prove that I can...







  6. #6
    ..


    Join Date
    5th May, 2011
    Posts
    2,119
    Rep Power
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by nettie View Post
    Thank you for the advise, think I just hit panic mode!
    I've never been to Parliament before- I'm going to be part of a peoples politics group so will be there all day in a meeting discussing the reasons in which people may not vote and what politicians can do to change this- stuff like that really. My children and OH will be coming for a tour and then they are going to do spend the day in London whilst I'm in the meeting.
    That sounds brilliant! Well done you. It will be a fascinating debate - I am of a generation which was brought up to consider voting as an obligation and a duty, and I can't imagine not voting, but loads of people don't - and then of course complain when they don't get a government that they like!!

    The interior of the building is overwhelming, very ornate and over-the-top, but very beautiful and of course packed with history and sometimes rather strange traditions. I am sure you will have a wonderful and very memorable day.

  7. #7
    Really Really likes to post!
    nettie's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th September, 2008
    Location
    Oldham/Manchester
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    60
    Diet: Slimming World
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFaraday View Post
    That sounds brilliant! Well done you. It will be a fascinating debate - I am of a generation which was brought up to consider voting as an obligation and a duty, and I can't imagine not voting, but loads of people don't - and then of course complain when they don't get a government that they like!!

    The interior of the building is overwhelming, very ornate and over-the-top, but very beautiful and of course packed with history and sometimes rather strange traditions. I am sure you will have a wonderful and very memorable day.
    It just happened by chance to be honest, Angela Eagle, MP in the Wirral came to speak to some families I work with and we just got chatting and then I became part of this group. I don't know how many people will be there but its an experience I couldn't turn down. My children are very excited to go on the tour and to spend the day in London with their dad. I'm a bit nervous as I don't know who else will be there and I am quite shy but will want to speak out and be involved in the discussions and debates.
    Aiming for a loss of 6 stone... I'm constantly yo-yo-ing so I'll just let you know when I get there!

    Be the change that you want to see...
    Tell me I can't and I'll prove that I can...











Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.