I made these for lunch today !
I thought these were really tastey and only 1/2 syn per scotch egg !! (and 1 HEx B)
1 x Pack of 6 WW Sausages
6 Slices Wholemeal Bread
* Place 6 Eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to boil then simmer for 10 min, take of the stove and run under cold water to make them cold, then take the shells off and place "naked" eggs in a fresh bowl of cold water.
* Put bread into a food processor to make breadcrumbs and put them in a shallow dish.
* Crack the 2 remaining eggs into a deep bowl and whisk with a fork.
* Cover a baking tray with non-stick mat or baking paper then spray with fry light.
* Turn oven onto 190 oc
* Take 1 WW Sausage, slit the skin with a knife and peel off to leave the sausage meat. squash it to make a ball then flatten it.
* Wrap 1 egg in the sausage meat till its all coated ("give it a new shell" as my daughter said i was doing).
* Dip it into the beaten eggs then roll in the breadcrumbs.
* Place Egg onto the baking tray.
* Wash Hands (i had a sink of soapy water ready) .... its easier to coat eggs in the sausage meat with clean hands
* Repeat steps above to coat all your eggs.
* Once they are all on the baking tray spray them with Fry Light and place in the oven for 30 min till cooked.
* Once cooked leave to cool for 2 minutes then enjoy !
.... i served mine with corn on the cob (i have a pic of the eggs as they came out the oven and were cooling but forgot to take one on the plate, i was so hungary and wanting to try them that i forgot ... i will take one next time i make them and upload it !
I made 7, 3 for me (as thats how many i could coat in my 2 slices of bread for my HEx), and 2 each for my daughter and my dad ..... and all plates were empty at the end !! ...my daughter even went looking for more and wouldn't believe me when i told her there weren't any more ! lol