Taster night in sw and cooking comp in work, soooo
I made spicy veg pakoras, they are lush!!
2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency with no butter or milk
1 red onion, diced
½ large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
3-4 tbsp fat free yogurt
1 egg, beaten
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables into a bowl and combine thoroughly.
2. Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add this to the vegetable mix and stir thoroughly.
3. Beat the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mix should still be quite firm, but if it's too runny add more vegetables.
4. Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent the pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon sized ''dollops''.
5. Spray with Fry Light and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes - or until firm on the outside and golden brown
6. Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.