- Rep Power
Diet: Slimming World
Start Date: 26/04/2013
Start Weight: 13st0lb
Current Weight: 13st0lb
Goal Weight: 10st7lb
Goal Date: 26/08/2013
Start BMI: 27.7
Current BMI: 27.7
Goal BMI: 22.3
Weight to Lose: 2st7lb
% Lost 0%
Chinese Style Salmon with Roasted Veg & Couscous (2.5syns I think)
So I just had this for dinner and it was so yummy I though I would share - it's a pretty basic recipie but anyhooo... you will need...
(Serves 1 as my OH is away but just double up etc to serve more people)
Big Salmon Fillet fresh/defrosted
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 Red Onion
4-6 cherry tomatos
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional but I used as my HEB would need synning if not or you could use FryLight)
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C (mine is a fan assisted Ė you might want to go to 220 if not)
2. Mix the Honey and Soy Sauce in a bowl
3. Put the salmon in a small roasting dish and drizzle over the honey & soy sauce marinade, make sure you get a good coating all over.
4. Chop up the pepper and onions into bite sized pieces
5. Drizzle olive oil (or spray FryLight) into another small roasting dish and put the onions, peppers and tomatoes in, season with salt and pepper, drizzle over some balsamic vinegar and shake to get the seasoning and oil over all the veg.
6. Put both roasting dishes in the oven and roast for 15 minutes then shake the veg to stop it sticking and use a spoon to baste the salmon (be careful the soy & honey marinade gets very hot)
7. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile boil your kettle and get the bowl you are going to serve in ready. In the bottom of the bowl put a small amount of couscous (I didnít weigh so canít be accurate I use half of one of my small mugs). When the Salmon and veg has only 5 minutes left to go pour boiling water over the couscous so that it covers it and a bit. Put a plate on top of the bowl and leave.
9. When ready to serve take the plate off the bowl and fluff up the couscous, arrange the veg on top of the couscous and serve the salmon on top. Look beautiful and tastes amazing!
(To eat I flaked up the salmon and mixed everything together to make a warm couscous salad, perfect for a warm evening)
Would appreciate if someone could confirm that this is only 2.5 syns (for the tbsp. of honey) on extra easy and using the oil as healthy extra b as I am unsure that I am working everything out right?
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.