Channa Tika Masala
Chana Tikka Masala
2.5 syns per serving
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups chana dal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash hing (asafoetida) (optional)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped (I like 2-3 inch narrow strips)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (I'm lazy, probably could grate a fresh head)
- 1 tsp ginger paste (again, I'm lazy, probably could grate 1/2" of fresh root)
- 1 ½ Tbl tikka masala paste (can also use 3 tbl of tikka paste for Chana Tikka) (4.5 syns)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbl lime juice
- 3 oz can passata
- Sort, wash, and soak chana dal for at least 5 hours in hot water (can add a pinch of baking soda, helps on gas).
- Heat the water to boiling with salt and dash of hing.
- Add dal and cook about 10 minutes uncovered on medium to medium high heat and skim the froth.
- Then cover and cook on low to medium-low heat for 70 minutes.
- After the 70 minutes are up, leave the dal on, and start stir-frying in the ghee, the onion, garlic, ginger, tikka paste, and cayenne.
- I usually like the onion to be somewhat translucent, but not too brown; this is a matter of taste.
- Add fry mixture to the dal, the lime juice, and tomato paste and cook another 5-10 minutes uncovered, stirring frequently.
My slimming world blog - http://lydialovesslimmingworld.wordpress.com/
Overall weightloss goal:
1 1/2 stone award goal:
2013 loss -10lbs
weeks 1 -10 -4.5lbs
19.03.14 - STS
By Tracie Green in forum Slimming World
Last Post: 26th March, 2009, 12:19 PM
By Fatty_no_more in forum Syn Values
Last Post: 20th January, 2009, 11:44 AM
By rubyberrie in forum Recipes
Last Post: 25th September, 2008, 10:49 AM
By Claire1981 in forum Slimming World
Last Post: 11th September, 2008, 10:14 AM
By Nanny Jax in forum Slimming World
Last Post: 14th April, 2008, 09:35 PM
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.