Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 144
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The 1lb plod!

  1. #1
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11

    The 1lb plod!

    Just wondering if anyone wants to join me on a 1lb a week plod? Over the years I have dieted to lose large amounts of weight as quickly as possible. I can hold it for a few weeks then lose all will to carry on and put on all the weight I have lost!

    My most recent example is to try and lose 2 stone in 2 months for my birthday. Needless to say, I failed miserably.

    The hope for this thread is that I, and other people can keep in contact with each other and keep motivated, and know that that 1lb a week is a brilliant loss, and more likely to stay off than losing 4lbs in a week!

    Then, hopefully this time next year we will all be at least 52 lbs lighter, or less if you have less to lose, and not still struggling with the same 7 lbs etc etc.

  2. #2
    Cai
    Cai is offline
    has a thin girl inside!
    Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th August, 2011
    Posts
    5,897
    Rep Power
    94
    Diet: SW in the main
    Start Date: 3rd Feb 2011
    Start Weight: 16st9lb
    Goal Weight: 10st10lb
    Goal Date: Dec 2013 for a Cruise!
    What a lovely thread idea! And a great way to looking at weight loss. Once the baby is here I will be joining u but until then I will lerk in the background!
    52lbs in a year sounds great!!! X
    Got to goal in Feb 2012 with SW and then it went a bit wrong...

  3. #3
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    What a lovely thread idea! And a great way to looking at weight loss. Once the baby is here I will be joining u but until then I will lerk in the background!
    52lbs in a year sounds great!!! X
    Hi cai! How much longer have you got now then? You must be getting excited now. All you pregnant ladies are making me broody again already! X

  4. #4
    Cai
    Cai is offline
    has a thin girl inside!
    Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th August, 2011
    Posts
    5,897
    Rep Power
    94
    Diet: SW in the main
    Start Date: 3rd Feb 2011
    Start Weight: 16st9lb
    Goal Weight: 10st10lb
    Goal Date: Dec 2013 for a Cruise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyliz0 View Post

    Hi cai! How much longer have you got now then? You must be getting excited now. All you pregnant ladies are making me broody again already! X
    8 weeks left - 5 or 6 if I get it my way lol. As soon as work is finished I'm ready for him to arrive! :-)
    I have to admit, I have said this mor than once, I don't want to go through this again!! :-( I'm not a good pregnant person! Lol x
    Got to goal in Feb 2012 with SW and then it went a bit wrong...

  5. #5
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post

    8 weeks left - 5 or 6 if I get it my way lol. As soon as work is finished I'm ready for him to arrive! :-)
    I have to admit, I have said this mor than once, I don't want to go through this again!! :-( I'm not a good pregnant person! Lol x
    I hate it too, but the babies are so worth it in the end. I said I didn't want to do it again but I've already changed my mind. That's sooo exciting that its so close. When do you leave work?

  6. #6
    Likes to post
    Lizzie1901's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th April, 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    3
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft1in
    Start Weight: 11st2lb
    Current Weight: 9st8lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29.5
    Current BMI: 25.3
    Goal BMI: 23.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st8lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st8lb
    % Lost 14.1%
    Hi Lizzy,

    Thought I'd see how you're getting on. How are things going? x
    Starting weight - 11st 2

    Week 1 -4.5
    Week 2 -2 (Started SW)
    Week 3-6 -7
    Week 8-10 -5
    Week 11 -3.5 (Club 10)

  7. #7
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie1901 View Post
    Hi Lizzy,

    Thought I'd see how you're getting on. How are things going? x
    Hi lizzie. I'm not really on plan at the mo as we have had a hectic week this week and go on hols tomorrow so I know I'm not Losing any weight.

    I had ryvita for breakfast this morning which was good, but ended up having a slice of walnut cake a little while ago ! Doh !

    Think I am going to start properly on the week of 26th aug as that's when things start getting back to normal again.

    How are you doing? X

  8. #8
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    Off on holiday tomorrow! Whoop whoop!

    See you in a week ( and a stone heavier no doubt, haha)
    X

  9. #9
    Cai
    Cai is offline
    has a thin girl inside!
    Cai's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th August, 2011
    Posts
    5,897
    Rep Power
    94
    Diet: SW in the main
    Start Date: 3rd Feb 2011
    Start Weight: 16st9lb
    Goal Weight: 10st10lb
    Goal Date: Dec 2013 for a Cruise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyliz0 View Post
    Off on holiday tomorrow! Whoop whoop!

    See you in a week ( and a stone heavier no doubt, haha)
    X
    Enjoy!!' X
    Got to goal in Feb 2012 with SW and then it went a bit wrong...

  10. #10
    Likes to post
    Lizzie1901's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th April, 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    3
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft1in
    Start Weight: 11st2lb
    Current Weight: 9st8lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29.5
    Current BMI: 25.3
    Goal BMI: 23.8


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st8lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st8lb
    % Lost 14.1%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyliz0 View Post

    Hi lizzie. I'm not really on plan at the mo as we have had a hectic week this week and go on hols tomorrow so I know I'm not Losing any weight.

    I had ryvita for breakfast this morning which was good, but ended up having a slice of walnut cake a little while ago ! Doh !

    Think I am going to start properly on the week of 26th aug as that's when things start getting back to normal again.

    How are you doing? X
    I'm ok, thanks. Have managed to maintain so far. Not entirely sure how tho!! Have a great holiday. x
    Starting weight - 11st 2

    Week 1 -4.5
    Week 2 -2 (Started SW)
    Week 3-6 -7
    Week 8-10 -5
    Week 11 -3.5 (Club 10)

  11. #11
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    Ok, I'm back from holiday. I've never eaten so badly in my life! My clothes feel really tight so I'm going to try and detox a bit this week then start my mission next week.

    Plan for this week is to eat mainly fruit and veg in the day then a normal dinner.

  12. #12
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    After messing round with various diets over the past 3 months I'm back with my tail between my legs. I need to get my act together.

    My little boy said something to me today that really upset me and made me realise I need to crack on with my weight loss. He didn't mean it nastily as he is too young to understand but when he said I looked like a lady in a film who I view as really big, I realised I this is how I look and its not what I want. If I'd stuck to my 1 lb plod I'd have lost a good stone by now! Grr.

    Oh well, fresh start from tomorrow.....

  13. #13
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    2nd January, 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: Slimming World Extra Easy
    Height: 5ft5.5in
    Start Date: December 2011
    Start Weight: 16st3lb
    Current Weight: 12st6lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 37.2
    Current BMI: 28.5
    Goal BMI: 25.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st6lb
    % Lost 23.35%
    one pound a week,count me in :-)

  14. #14
    Likes to post
    Lizzyliz0's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th May, 2013
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    11
    Welcome Betty boop. How's your week going? Mine has been a bit dodgy so far!

  15. #15
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    2nd January, 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: Slimming World Extra Easy
    Height: 5ft5.5in
    Start Date: December 2011
    Start Weight: 16st3lb
    Current Weight: 12st6lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 37.2
    Current BMI: 28.5
    Goal BMI: 25.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st6lb
    % Lost 23.35%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyliz0 View Post
    Welcome Betty boop. How's your week going? Mine has been a bit dodgy so far!
    mine is going good, weigh in tomorrow and I am lookin forward to it :-) what has been dodgy about it? when do you weigh in?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.