I wrote a huge introduction but my computer decided to delete it all >.< so I guess I'll just keep it brief this time round.
- My name is Lily. You may recognise me, as I've been here before.
- I used to do Slimming World and lost 2.5 stone.
- I quit due to mental illness and was diagnosed with BED. My consultant tried to help but I wanted to concentrate on my mental issues before piling it on her.
- In just under a year, I have gained 4 stone due to bingeing and being off the plan and I am the heaviest I have ever been by far.
- I have been seeing a private therapist for anxiety and depression since summer and things have improved immensely. I am no longer on any medication and feeling better
- Now we've covered that, my therapist and I will be covering the emotional eating/food addiction side.
- She wants to try Hypno band on me, but needs me to prove I can motivate myself before we do it.
- I have joined a gym and have an induction on Thursday.
- I will be rejoining Slimming World tomorrow with a friend
- My old consultant has left and even though I love her and she was amazing, I want to rejoin as a NEW member with no expectations or talks or LAST time.
- I don't feel I will ever be mentally at peace with myself until I get to a healthier weight. It currently effects my relationship with my boyfriend, my physical appearance, my health and more importantly - my relationship with MYSELF.
If there are any other BED former/current sufferers, I would love to be in touch and share journeys, as I have never met anyone else diagnosed.
I'm hoping I'm in the right frame of mind for it to happen now <3