We have all survived the Mayan end of the world...and we've all survived (or are still getting over) the fallout from xmas and new year...now lets think forwards and NOT BACK to gains or issues you had with how you dealt with christmas...What will 2013 bring you? Set a few long term annual targets - be realistic - but also remember that its a whole year and there is so much you can do in a year!
1. Get Gold and Platinum Body Magic (I'll be getting Gold tomorrow, which will be a great boost!)
2. Keep an exercise diary and ensure I sustain current levels (or sorry, pre-xmas!) levels of exercise
3. Work towards swimming a mile in under an hour....currently I can do it in 72 mins...I'm asthmatic and am always swim without inhalers to push myself and I'm slowly making progress!
4. Get my club ten and stone and a half in January.
5. Get 4 stone award by end of 2013!
In order to do this, I am setting mini targets - like get my 2 stone before end of February for holiday to India...get my 3 stone before summer...try and sustain over summer (festivals, cider, festivals, did I say cider??) then get to 4 stone before xmas. I'm going to give myself rewards for every half stone and mini target I make. Haven't thought of what yet, but that will keep me going...
6. is definatley deal better with xmas and new year!
7. Cut back on alcohol ( one of my main problems tbh) I am hoping to not drink at all until Jan 26th...then 2 weeks off until my birthday weekend in Feb...then again nothing until I go to India...cut drink out of everyday life!
So what are you aiming for in the long run? I would like to say I could achieve target this year but I'm going to keep it slow and steady...if I get there, great! If not, I'll get that final 2 stone off before summer 2014.
Good luck everyone!