Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsMcnab

Thread: Anyone remember the old,old slimming world red days?

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    3rd May, 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    16
    Diet: Slimming World Red Days/Dukan
    Start Date: 15/05/2009
    Start Weight: 13st4lb
    Current Weight: 10st5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb
    Goal Date: 13/04/2011


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st13lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st2lb
    % Lost 22.04%

    Question Anyone remember the old,old slimming world red days?

    Hi , Has anyone been doing slimming world for years and years ? I have started doing Red days , hubby does more Atkins than red days. I am not losing weight at all now for nearly two weeks and have been so good . This has never happened before , I know I am a yo-yo dieter so am wondering if this is the problem. The reason I am asking if anyone remembers the old slimming world is because I have more fat than I should on the new plan however years ago when you could eat more fat I used to lose weight ! I am probably rambling now as I am getting stressed about not losing weight lol! Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a major stall ? I am not any where near target so it can't be that .

  2. #2
    Forum Master
    maintainer
    century club


    Join Date
    13th March, 2011
    Posts
    4,576
    Rep Power
    372
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft7in
    Start Weight: 18st5.5lb
    Current Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Weight: 11st1lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 40.3
    Current BMI: 24.4
    Goal BMI: 24.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 7st3.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st1lb
    % Lost 39.42%
    Hi hun, you are going to have to be a bit more specific about what exactly you are doing when you say the "old slimming world red days". Why are you following an old plan instead of one of the three current plans (which includes the original plan)? Perhaps post a few days of your food diary so we can take a look. but basically if its not working then you need to make some changes but its difficult to give any advice on what might need changed without more info

  3. #3
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    3rd May, 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    16
    Diet: Slimming World Red Days/Dukan
    Start Date: 15/05/2009
    Start Weight: 13st4lb
    Current Weight: 10st5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb
    Goal Date: 13/04/2011


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st13lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st2lb
    % Lost 22.04%
    Thanks for your reply. What I mean by 'old' slimming world is that years ago you could have foods that were higher in fat for example you could eat corned beef on a red day free . My husband is doing atkins however I find I need a little more veg/salad so I do high protein but with slightly more carb than atkins. Today I have had brek; 2 sausages, bacon, 2 eggs. lunch I had a quick one so only had 3 sausages, dinner I had large bowl of chopped lettuce and cucumber with some feta cheese and king prawns sauted in butter. I have had tea with skimmed milk approx. 50 mls and 2000mls of no added sugar juice. I know its not really slimming world because the sausages are not low fat. Maybe it is time to cut the fat too , I can't eat carbs when I am trying to lose weight as I have no control ! I can eat too much pasta etc I am going to try and join to get the new books but can't afford to attend meetings at the moment.

  4. #4
    Likes to post
    shelley0363's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th October, 2010
    Location
    Stourport On Severn
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    26
    Diet: Calorie Counting
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Weight: 14st3lb
    Current Weight: 14st3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st2lb
    Goal Date: 05/08/2012


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 29.4
    Current BMI: 29.4
    Goal BMI: 23


    Statistics:
    Weight to Lose: 3st1lb
    % Lost 0%
    Hi I have done slimming world on and off for about 12 years and when I first did it it was only red and green days, I did mainly red and I remember that corned beef was free! I lost a stone in a month back then but never had the same success since i put it down to ageing!! I still do a few red days now I enjoy them.

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins


  5. #5
    Likes to post
    MrsMcnab's Avatar
    Join Date
    22nd November, 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    4
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Date: 02/07/2012
    Start Weight: 17st6lb
    Current Weight: 13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight: 11st6lb
    Goal Date: 13/01/2014 - which means just over 1lb/week - and at target in time for my birthday! Fingers crossed


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36
    Current BMI: 28.3
    Goal BMI: 23.6


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 3st10.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st3.5lb
    % Lost 21.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Afitos View Post
    Thanks for your reply. What I mean by 'old' slimming world is that years ago you could have foods that were higher in fat for example you could eat corned beef on a red day free . My husband is doing atkins however I find I need a little more veg/salad so I do high protein but with slightly more carb than atkins. Today I have had brek; 2 sausages, bacon, 2 eggs. lunch I had a quick one so only had 3 sausages, dinner I had large bowl of chopped lettuce and cucumber with some feta cheese and king prawns sauted in butter. I have had tea with skimmed milk approx. 50 mls and 2000mls of no added sugar juice. I know its not really slimming world because the sausages are not low fat. Maybe it is time to cut the fat too , I can't eat carbs when I am trying to lose weight as I have no control ! I can eat too much pasta etc I am going to try and join to get the new books but can't afford to attend meetings at the moment.
    Hi,

    I mainly do EE, but have done the odd day of Red and I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound like you've been on plan today (yesterday, sorry!) at all: no sausages are free on any plan, if you had normal ones, they're at least 4 syns each, so that's 20 syns there, then I estimate you will have used 1 tbsp butter to sauté the prawns, so that's another 5.5 syns,and if you didn't trim the fat off the bacon, that'd be another 2 syns per rasher. Did you measure out your feta? If not, you might have gone over the 45g HExA allowance but, either way, you've had at least 27 syns today so, if that's a normal day, that would explain why you're not losing. And you're not having enough superfree either, I wouldn't have thought.

    If you don't get on with carbs, red is definitely the right plan for you, but I don't understand why you're worrying about making a decision to cut out fat - you don't need to, the plan does that for you!

    So, basically, I don't think you've got anything to worry about, you just need to re-learn the plan, follow it, and you'll start losing again, don't worry!

    Hope that helps!

    Good luck!

    Abi x
    Abi xx





  6. #6
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    3rd May, 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    16
    Diet: Slimming World Red Days/Dukan
    Start Date: 15/05/2009
    Start Weight: 13st4lb
    Current Weight: 10st5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb
    Goal Date: 13/04/2011


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 2st13lb
    Weight to Lose: -0st2lb
    % Lost 22.04%
    Thanks for you replies , I do need to get the books and learn the new plan , 'adlibbing ' is obviously not going to work anymore and Shelly it is probably age stopping me from losing too ! Thank You for you help again.

  7. #7
    Im always here!
    maintainer

    Happy Holidays's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October, 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    18,707
    Rep Power
    847
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: February 2009
    Start Weight: 9st11lb
    Current Weight: 8st9lb
    Goal Weight: 8st9lb
    Goal Date: achieved 6th May 2010


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25.1
    Current BMI: 22.1
    Goal BMI: 22.1


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 1st2lb
    % Lost 11.68%
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcnab View Post
    Hi,

    I mainly do EE, but have done the odd day of Red and I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound like you've been on plan today (yesterday, sorry!) at all: no sausages are free on any plan, if you had normal ones, they're at least 4 syns each, so that's 20 syns there, then I estimate you will have used 1 tbsp butter to sauté the prawns, so that's another 5.5 syns,and if you didn't trim the fat off the bacon, that'd be another 2 syns per rasher. Did you measure out your feta? If not, you might have gone over the 45g HExA allowance but, either way, you've had at least 27 syns today so, if that's a normal day, that would explain why you're not losing. And you're not having enough superfree either, I wouldn't have thought.

    If you don't get on with carbs, red is definitely the right plan for you, but I don't understand why you're worrying about making a decision to cut out fat - you don't need to, the plan does that for you!

    So, basically, I don't think you've got anything to worry about, you just need to re-learn the plan, follow it, and you'll start losing again, don't worry!

    Hope that helps!

    Good luck!

    Abi x
    I agree with what you've said Abi.

    What makes you think it's your age? Just because you're older doesn't mean you're unlikely to lose weight, you sound like you're not 100% into losing weight at the mo. Take a look at the diaries on here & get ideas for food, re-think what you are eating & don't harp back to the 'old' SW, I've been doing SW for about 4 years & there have been a lot of changes, some good, some I'm not too happy with. But SW does work.

    I'd go to class if only to get the new books & a re-fresh on SW. If you can't go to class there is loads of info on here.

  8. #8
    Really Really likes to post!
    willfitskinnyjeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st March, 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Power
    60
    I'll go out onA limb and say its not the weight it's the food.

    5 normal sausages in a day, but I could be wrong on this but when I tried Atkins when I was skinny wanting to be skinnier sausages weren't allowed because they contain so many added ingredients, saturated fat, cereal, flour, I thought Atkins was protein but not processed meats.

    I could be wrong tho.

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    6th June, 2014
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I remember those days First time here and Ihad similar probs. Did an online site similar but calories counted which was a bore and weight held but found if I aded a few grams a time to meals of coconut oil, the one that does not taste of coconuts, my weight started going down again. Read your body needs some fat to process the excess weight. Maybe makes no sense but it does work. Got some of those silicon cupcakes and measured out one tablespoon when melted and putit in fridge for 30 mins and keep the portions in a tub for anything for cooking meat, stir fries etc. Very rarely use the flavoured one and put a little on toast. I liked the Red days, not much counting and easy to handle but if youhave some kitchen scales that measure in grams try just 5g first and watch your scales for a few days and I can now go up to my tablespoon a day or more if a recipe asks for it. Hope this might help, we are all different and not every rule is right for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afitos View Post
    Hi , Has anyone been doing slimming world for years and years ? I have started doing Red days , hubby does more Atkins than red days. I am not losing weight at all now for nearly two weeks and have been so good . This has never happened before , I know I am a yo-yo dieter so am wondering if this is the problem. The reason I am asking if anyone remembers the old slimming world is because I have more fat than I should on the new plan however years ago when you could eat more fat I used to lose weight ! I am probably rambling now as I am getting stressed about not losing weight lol! Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a major stall ? I am not any where near target so it can't be that .





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.